Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 2:18 PM
Hiro Hamada (Big Hero 6)
Started working on Hiro yesterday (26 December) and I think he's almost finished. Asking for feedback regarding the facial structure, but would also appreciate knowing if the outfits work (In order of appearance: Everyday, outerwear, sleepwear, athletic, swimwear, outerwear).

Custom Content Used:
Hair: Kijiko [Kijiko]
Tooth Gap: Kittehbomb [Kittehbomb's sims]

No custom sliders used.

Optional Custom Content:
Skin Default Replacement: kanno [MTS]
Feet Default Replacement: bloom [MTS, see post 2]
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 4:30 PM
The nose is not right.
Thinner, smiling lips.
Lift the eyebrows, more rounded eyes or smaller iris.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 5:09 PM
The reference photo must also show a neutral facial expression, for a more accurate comparison. Try this one I attached..
Screenshots

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 8:11 PM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 27th Dec 2019 at 8:32 PM.
Okay, here he is after a massive edit.

- Raised the eyebrows.
- Shaped and resized the eyes (Do they look too big?) and changed their distance and rotation.
- Thinned the neck using these sliders by leWing. (To be fair I probably don't need custom sliders to get the neck this thin.)
- Thinned and curved the lips. (I'm a bit cautious about the mouth because MTS uploads generally get rejected for forced smiles.)
- Made the nose smaller.
- Reshaped the chin and jawline.
- Made him thinner in general.
- Lowered the entire face.
- Applied rosy cheeks.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 5:48 PM
He looks a bit closer now. I just want to suggest two things: slightly reduce the nose mass, the size is all right but still looking kinda bulky. And use a lighter color for his cheeks with lower opacity as well.

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
He looks a bit closer now. I just want to suggest two things: slightly reduce the nose mass, the size is all right but still looking kinda bulky. And use a lighter color for his cheeks with lower opacity as well.

Thanks. I've reduced the nose mass and lightened the blush. Is there anything else I could do?

Here's where the nose mass is.
Screenshots
Theorist
#7 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 8:44 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 29th Dec 2019 at 9:35 AM. Reason: UPD
Hello. I have few experience of creating real life characters in Sims 3. So maybe I could help you.
I think his lips are double thinner. If you see your task to make it as much similar to pixar character as possible, you need to make him look more... hmm... more look like a cartoon.

Don't be afraid to put settings at extreme level to make a huge eyes or very thin nose line between eyes, very thin lips. Here I think the sliders limit breakers could help. Now, even with such huge eyes and perfect matching eyebrows he is too much close to realistic. More looks half blooded of realistic and comic.

UPD: There are some hair that has much volume then this one by kijiko. Usually it looks annoying in game but this time I think it will suit. I think you can try somethin by Newsea or maybe another one from same author http://kijiko-catfood.com/shaggy-hair-for-male/.

Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Hello. I have few experience of creating real life characters in Sims 3. So maybe I could help you.
I think his lips are double thinner. If you see your task to make it as much similar to pixar character as possible, you need to make him look more... hmm... more look like a cartoon.

There are some hair that has much volume then this one by kijiko. Usually it looks annoying in game but this time I think it will suit. I think you can try somethin by Newsea or maybe another one from same author http://kijiko-catfood.com/shaggy-hair-for-male/.

Don't be afraid to put settings at extreme level to make a huge eyes or very thin nose line between eyes, very thin lips. Here I think the sliders limit breakers could help. Now, even with such huge eyes and perfect matching eyebrows he is too much close to realistic. More looks half blooded of realistic and comic.

Thanks, could you please link me to the Newsea hair you recommended?
Theorist
#9 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
Thanks, could you please link me to the Newsea hair you recommended?

It's donated. I pasted another one by kijiko. Just try it and see how it looks. You can easly change it back to those you used first if you'll not like it.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor

UPD: There are some hair that has much volume then this one by kijiko. Usually it looks annoying in game but this time I think it will suit. I think you can try somethin by Newsea or maybe another one from same author http://kijiko-catfood.com/shaggy-hair-for-male/.

I had to re-sculpt some of his facial features because, well...

The XCAS is installed to help with the sliders. What really helped was tracing the guide you gave me and sticking it over the monitor as I worked in CAS. Thanks.

I managed to get to this. His nose isn't quite right from the side but the front looks relatively good. I'm thinking of using this slider to get the bump. As you can see in the angled shot, there's some kind of weird ridge around the eyes, and the teeth poke out a bit. There's also a bulging brow line but it's hidden by his hairstyle.

I got the neck as thin as possible.

The hair looked kinda small on him, but thanks for the suggestion. Really hope it's getting there now.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 9:56 PM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 30th Dec 2019 at 10:20 PM.
Another update! I tried to make him as thin as in the movie but it didn't turn out well, especially with some poses.

So then after a lot of tweaking, including getting default replacement eyes, adding more weight, and swapping out some sliders I got this.

Edit: Made the irises a bit larger
Mad Poster
#12 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 5:50 AM
I actually liked the first version better. The cartoonish proportions don't work in TS3 and look creepy. He looked like a good mix of a cartoonish character and a TS3-style human initially. TS3's Sims are stylized, of course, but still generally realistic-looking.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 6:16 AM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 31st Dec 2019 at 10:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
I actually liked the first version better. The cartoonish proportions don't work in TS3 and look creepy. He looked like a good mix of a cartoonish character and a TS3-style human initially. TS3's Sims are stylized, of course, but still generally realistic-looking.

Good thing I kept the original! (And another 41 iterations)
Yeah I agree with you there. The cartoonish proportions aren't really looking well on him, especially with the Moonlight skin. Let me go and fish him out. Do you meant this one or do you mean the one that started this topic? (post 1)
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 10:18 AM
Some tweaking. Idk if the eyes are too big.

Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 12:46 PM
I think the version from post #6 looks better. Only make the iris a bit larger. Or if that's already overwritten, the one in your latest post is fine. Just tweak the nose as it was in post #6 (narrow nose bridge, higher nostrils, reduced nose mass)

Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
I think the version from post #6 looks better. Only make the iris a bit larger. Or if that's already overwritten, the one in your latest post is fine. Just tweak the nose as it was in post #6 (narrow nose bridge, higher nostrils, reduced nose mass)

I do still have the backup. Let me just get it out.

Yeah this looks like a nightmare, but I can just take the date of the post (28 Dec 2019, 19:20) and find the last one saved before then. This won't take long.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 6:51 PM
I think he might be ready for upload now.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#18 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 7:30 PM
That's working pretty well. Good result!

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 8:22 PM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 31st Dec 2019 at 10:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
That's working pretty well. Good result!

Excellent I will just prepare these submission screenshots and then he will be good to go.

UPDATE: Sent for moderation.