Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 5:39 PM Last edited by MsSunnyMuffins : 28th Jul 2015 at 1:18 AM.
Sims 4 - Inside Out Challenge
I saw inside out just recently and I LOVED that movie to absolute pieces. I've been wanting to do a movie based challenge and when I saw that I thought that I just HAD to make it Inside Out. This challenge took me two days to even THINK of because an inside out based challenge doesn't really make much sense. If you haven't seen the movie but plan to, PLEASE, STOP LOOKING AT THIS! STOP LOOKING STUFF UP FOR IT! It's best to go into with no idea of what it is and no expectations. So go to the theater now! To those who have seen it and love it as much as I do, let's get into this challenge! It's made for the sims 4 (base game compatable) and if requested I can adapt it for sims 3.

~~~Basic Overview~~~
The five emotions are in charge of raising either one baby (Riley) or as many as you like (depending on your mods. I put this option in for a more difficult challenge). Basically, we as the viewer can't play with the baby/babies unless making them friendships or relationships with sims outside of our household. The baby (from here on I'll just pretned you're playing with one baby but it's the same rules if you have more) can't do anything for herself: cook, clean, do homework, fix broken things, or level up skills unless done autonomously. It's the emotions jobs to help her get through life cooking/cleaning for her and making money to help build up their home (that is based on the "world" of Riley's mind inside the movie). Here's the part that makes it a bit more difficult tho, the emotions can only help Riley when they feel an appicable emotion (to be explained later).

~~~The House~~~
The house starts out with only the basics of life that I'm about to list. Each room is based off part of Riley's mind.
The Emotions' Room: Head quarters. Should have five desks (in which you would later add controls, or a computer), and three of the lowest level twin beds. Should be on a higher story than the rest of the house.
The Baby/Babies Rooms: Dream Productions. The room should feature lots of decorations to start, and the baby bassinets. It is up to the player to earn enough money for beds and toys.
The Kitchen: Train of Thought (I'm not sure why). This kitchen contains a fridge. Just a fridge. No chairs, no table, no stove. A fridge.
The Family/Living Room: Imagination Land. The goal is to get a TV and sofa in here but it starts as an empty room with a rug.
Bathroom: The house starts out with one bathroom. You can pick what it has but it only has ONE. It can be a Sink, shower, tub, or toilet. You can of course save up to get the other things you need, or even make more bathrooms, but you start with one thing.

~~~Taking Care of Riley~~~
In order to take care of Riley, the emotions must build up enough money to better furnish their house. Two of the five are aloud to have traditional jobs, and the others (or all five if you like) can make money in whatever other way you'd like.
Riley as a baby: must be fed, have her diaper changed, and kept socially pleased. Emotions can only do these things for her if they are in one of their appicable mood states.
Child Riley: Must do her homework to get and maintain and A, must level up in skills (the emotions help by buying her things to do this on), must be fed meals that someone cooked, and must live in a clean house but not clean it herself. Mus have a minimum of one friend, and ever friend she wants must first become friends with Joy. Emotions can only do these things for her if they are in one of their appicable mood states.
Teen Riley: Same as child Riley bur instead of a friend, she should aim to have a romantic relationship. Whomever she wants to date must become friends with Discust first. Emotions can only do these things for her if they are in one of their appicable mood states.
YA Riley: Same as teen but should be aiming towards getting married. She should also be trying to move out. Once the emotions have 7k, they can send her on her way with the money (just cheat it out of household). Emotions can only do these things for her if they are in one of their appicable mood states.
Optional: It would be helpful if Riley had the slob trait. Her traits should all be randomized but if you want to give her slob then that's fine.
Note: Riley is not permitted to get a job in the house.

~~~The Emotions~~~
Each emotion has a set of two traits they must have, the third can be whatever you want. Their appicable mood states are listed here too. The moods can be named or look like whatever you want.

Anger Traits: Hot-headed, mean/hates children (you pick)
Anger Moods: angry, very angry, enraged, energized, very energized, tense, very tense

Discust Traits: Snob, neat
Moods: bored, embarassed, very embarassed, mortified, flirty, very flirty

Fear Traits: Insane, perfectionist (I know these don't make any sense but...there's no "scardy cat" trait option)
Moods: dazed, embarassed, very embarassed, mortified, uncompfortable, very uncompfortable, tense, very tense

Joy Traits: Cheerful, Goofball/Outgoing
Moods: confident, very confident, energized, very energized, flirty, very flirty, focused, very focused, happy, very happy, Inspired, very inspired, playful, very playful, hysterical

Sadness Traits: Gloomy, Loner
Moods: uncompfortable, very uncompfortable, sad, very sad

I tried to do things here that made sense with the moods. If sadness is sad, she does her job. She doesn't work with Riley when she's happy because the emotions can't be someone their not. Joy has most of them, as she does in the movie.

~~~Other things and Specifications~~~
-Things considered helpful towards Riley: cooking for more than just themselves, cleaning more than just their own dishes, anything that directly helps riley (such as changing her diaper)
-If an emotion starts to do something helpful (say anger while he is angry starts to cook, but then he becomes inspired in the middle of cooking), as long as they START that thing before their emotion changes, it's okay to continue.
-My idea is that it's a struggle for money, so, funds are lowered to $500 once the home is built. As for baby Riley, I was thinking adoption (so you'd cheat in the 1k before cheating funds down to get the baby (or more for more babies)).

LEFT OPEN FOR FURTHER QUESTIONS
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 6:17 PM
This is going to be fun, but I have some questions:

First off you can't make a baby in Cas-so the only way to have a baby Riley is for one of the emotions to get pregnant or to adopt. Is this right? Also you don't list a starting funds amount. Does this mean if I make a really small house I can use my leftover money to buy a sink to go with my toilet? Or any of the other things I suppose to be saving up for. I just finished making the characters and am going to make the house now. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for posting this challenge!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 7:39 PM
So I went ahead a made a home
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
This is going to be fun, but I have some questions:

First off you can't make a baby in Cas-so the only way to have a baby Riley is for one of the emotions to get pregnant or to adopt. Is this right? Also you don't list a starting funds amount. Does this mean if I make a really small house I can use my leftover money to buy a sink to go with my toilet? Or any of the other things I suppose to be saving up for. I just finished making the characters and am going to make the house now. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for posting this challenge!

Glad you like it, and I realized the starting amount thing like, as soon as I hit post but it hadn't been accepted yet so I couldn't edit the post. My idea is that it's a struggle for money, so, funds are lowered to $500 once the home is built. As for baby Riley, I was thinking adoption (so you'd cheat in the 1k before cheating funds down to get the baby (or more for more babies)). Thanks for asking, I'll add it to the post!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
So I went ahead a made a home

Omg love the castle look :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 1:28 AM
I love the challenge, honest.
But this has been killing me.
DISGUST. IT'S DISGUST!
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 2:39 PM
Hiya! Could you please adapt this for sims 3? I would really appreciate it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simtastic67
I love the challenge, honest.
But this has been killing me.
DISGUST. IT'S DISGUST!

glad you like it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MollyHemmoClifford

Sure. Just watch out in the forums for it. I'll like you to it once it's approved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MollyHemmoClifford

boom. http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...902#post4830902
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 11:16 PM
I'm so going to do this challenge :D
Thank you so much for posting this!!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 2:05 AM
Ok, so I'm trying this out on the Sims 3 (because I don't have the Sims 4), so obviously I had to change a little.
All of their last names are Kidoairaku, as inside joke for it being Japanese for Emotion.
And all of them have the Over-Emotional trait because their, well, emotions

Joy:
Traits: Childish, Friendly, Hopeless Romantic, and Nurturing.
Life-Time Wish: World Renowned Surgeon (Reach Level 10 in the Medical Career track)
Favorites: Food; Fruit Parfait, Music; Kids, and Color; Yellow
Sadness:
Traits: Bookworm, Brooding, Genius, and Hates Outdoors
Life-Time Wish: Professional Author (Earn 4,000 Simoleans Per Week in Royalties)
Favorites: Food; Cookies, Music; Dark Wave, and Color; Blur
Disgust:
Traits: Diva, Flirty, Great Kisser, and Snob
Life-Time Wish: Master Romancer (WooHoo in 5 Different Places with 5 Different Sims)
Favorites: Food; Tri-Tip Steak, Music; Pop, and Color; Lime
Anger:
Traits: Athletic, Hot-Headed, Mean Spirited, and Rebellious
Life-Time Wish: The Emperor of Evil (Reach Level 10 of the Criminal career track (Evil Branch))
Favorites: Food; Potato and Truffle Torte, Music; Indie, and Color; Red
Fear:
Traits: Hates Outdoors, Hydrophobic, Neurotic, and Technophobic
Life-Time Wish: Alchemy Artisan (Reach Level 10 in Alchemy and Use 50 Alchemy Elixirs) {Because I had no idea what to use for him, honestly}
Favorites: Food; Key Lime Pie, Music; Classical, and Color; Lilac
Riley (as a toddler):
Traits: Athletic and Heavy Sleeper (exception on the "everyone has an Over-Emotional trait")
Too young for a Life-Time Wish
Favorites: Food; Pancakes, Music; Island Life (no idea what to put), and Color; Sea Foam (also had no idea)