Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2010 at 7:45 PM
Default Blender problem. Using The Sims 3.
Hi, I'm trying to make my own custom contents for The Sims 3. I'm using Blender 2.6.2 and Workshop, but when I try to import a .wso file that I exported from Workshop, Blender says Python script error: check console. So I don't know what to do. If anyone can tell me why Blender won't import the file and how this can be fixed, then I'll be very great full.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 30th May 2010 at 8:19 PM
Alchemist
#3 Old 30th May 2010 at 9:31 PM
According to their Wiki TSR's tool is currently unable to work directly with anything except for Milkshape.

I know Ceixari was working on plugins to fix that but he hasn't posted a progress update since mid-May so I don't know where he is in that project. For now, at least, if you want to use Blender directly...that is without first importing the file to Milkshape and then exporting in obj format to Blender, you'll probably have to use the Blender plugins Ceixari made for the tool-set from here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th May 2010 at 10:18 PM
If I get Milkshape and the plugin for it and I also use Workshop, will that be all I need to make my custom contents?
Alchemist
#5 Old 30th May 2010 at 10:24 PM
I think so. Look here in the wiki for more information:

http://www.simswiki.info/index.php?...s&printable=yes

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 31st May 2010 at 8:13 AM
Ceixari is posting his progress here for the WSO plugin for Blender: http://forums.thesimsresource.com/s...d.php?p=3898651

Currently the import plugin seems to be done and he's working on the export script now.

Minisite

TSR Workshop
A Custom Content Tool for The Sims 3
Field Researcher
#7 Old 31st May 2010 at 4:17 PM
Blender 2.6.2? That might be 2.4.2. I would recommend that you download 2.49b as my scripts would most probably not work for that version and the 2.5 series has an unfinished API.

As teko said, I have a workable .wso import script already and I'm currently working on the export. It's not far off done, but I have less time with a new work contract some distance from my house.