Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#251 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamMLover
So, this morning I go to bestbuy.com to see if they finally put the sims 3 up for preorder (I don't shop at gamestop or any of those places), and they did. Now because everytime I look at something sims 3 related, I have to look at the release date to freak out a little. I looked at it and it said 1/13/09 as in January 13th! I print screened it.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1861/releaseyw3.jpg

From what I understand.. any retail site, aside from the EA Store, that lists a release date isn't necessarily considered accurate...

Stores tend to put out dates that have not been officially announced... take Spore for example... they had at least 4 different release dates, that varied in time over a course of over a year...

Check EA for the release date... if it isn't announced there, you can pretty much disregard other sites... or at least take the dates with a grain of salt.

- Peace

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Advertisement
#252 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 11:53 PM
I really wish they would release it in January though. I want them to put it through testing and everything, but it seriously bothers me that they always have to release the games during the semester. Way to screw me up. They get me all excited and then I have to juggle it with two language classes and independent research? Would it kill them to release it a little closer to the holiday?
Test Subject
#253 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Furude Rika
I really wish they would release it in January though. I want them to put it through testing and everything, but it seriously bothers me that they always have to release the games during the semester. Way to screw me up. They get me all excited and then I have to juggle it with two language classes and independent research? Would it kill them to release it a little closer to the holiday?

It interferes with my semester too. It'll be hard to :juggle: juggle :juggle: it all.

Here's what I'm learning in calculus though:

15 credits + sims 3 = negative sleep :Pike2:

:tophat:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#254 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 4:51 AM
LOL, I can just tell that I won't have much sleep playing with Sims 3. The first time you play a Sims game it's always like that. And mind you, I don't even have a busy schedule. Just a part-time job!
#255 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Furude Rika
Well ... it is called goth.jpg
I called it so :D, that's a still from the video

Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Sorry SimplyStella.
You're kidding, I wan't blaming you or anything, sorry if it sound like that

Quote: Originally posted by LE102071
From what I understand.. any retail site, aside from the EA Store, that lists a release date isn't necessarily considered accurate...
I remember that TS2' release date was post-poned a zillion time and it hit stores months later the promised release date
#256 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 9:30 PM
I know the release date of January 13th isn't official..
But I don't go back to school until Feburary!
I hope it is :P
#257 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 9:44 PM
Actually, I did a bit of research, and I don't know if this has been posted, but I found a few sites saying it will be released on the 20th February.
http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/900/900384p1.html
http://www.thesims2website.co.uk/ (4th article down)

And I just found another release date, with an interesting screenshot.
http://l33tzone.wordpress.com/2008/...date-confirmed/
Field Researcher
#258 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emileeh
And I just found another release date, with an interesting screenshot.
http://l33tzone.wordpress.com/2008/...date-confirmed/

Hahaha! :O)
Field Researcher
#259 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 2:46 AM
Best Buy Release date set on 1/13/09

It is unclear if this is a real release date or a mistake on Best buy's part?
faithlove13xxx over at Snootysims has called in and had a chat with the Head of the Gaming Department and here is what they had to say

Quote:
I just found this

" OK, after 35 minutes on hold, I finally got to talk to the Head of the Gaming Department. He told me, that whoever pre-orders The Sims 3 from Best Buy, will indeed get it on 1/13/09. I argued, saying its supposed to come out on the 2/20/09, and he said, "That may be true, but we got this release date a few months back. That's what we got, so that's when we ship." A few months back, that's when 1/13/09 was the guesstimated release.

Again this could be a mistake and Best Buy will pull this Advertisement soon if it is.

Synopsis
Throw open the door to new realms of Sims-style fun with The Sims 3. In this exciting and feature-packed new edition of The Sims, your Sims no longer have to live out their lives confined to their home environments. An entire neighborhood awaits just outside the door, teeming with neighbors, friends and all-new opportunities for fun, adventure and mischief. Set your Sims free to explore an exciting, living neighborhood filled with possibility, and help their lives unfold in all-new ways.

The Sims 3 is packed with enhancements to heighten the fun and adventure of guiding your characters through their simulated lives. Create Sims based on yourself or people you know, or design entirely original Sims, each with carefully customized features, clothing, accessories and personality traits. Customize your Sims' environment by designing the home of their dreams, selecting from among a dazzling variety of styles, colors and patterns for everything from floors to furniture. Craft a neighborhood around your Sims to suit their personalities, whether a cozy suburban subdivision or a remote millionaire's hideaway. Then help your Sims lead complex, multifaceted lives in which they strive to achieve their goals — but only you have the power ultimately to decide their destinies.

Features

* Take advantage of new, easy-to-use design tools to create highly customized individual Sims, complete with personalized body types, facial features, fashions, accessories and more
* Select from dozens of individual character traits, including brave, perfectionist, romantic, clumsy, paranoid or klepto, to determine your Sims' personalities, and combine them in unique ways to guide their behaviors
* Design your Sims' home by customizing everything from the ground up, including floors, furniture and wallpaper, or populate the neighborhood with predesigned buildings and furnishings
* Decorate the interior of your Sims' houses by selecting stylish colors and patterns, whether mixing them up or using a uniform design style
* Explore the neighborhood around your Sims' home, encouraging your Sims to stroll through town, interact with neighbors, visit friends' houses and more
* Determine the outcome of your Sims' pursuit of their long-term and short-term goals, whether they aspire to rise from fan to sports legend or from roadie to rock star

The Link can be found here:

bestbuy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#260 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 8:24 AM
Urbania Sims French Preview (Google-Translated By Me)
Urbania Sims posted their preview in French and it has new info and tons of photos that are of high quality and you can now see things that we weren't able to see before in these photos, as well as huge sizes. I Google-translated it for you. It's a rough translation but it works. I also listed all the new info down below.

New Info Listed:

01. The Roomies family will be the family that introduces you to the game, similar to that of the Newbies family from Sims 1 in which they held the tutorial for the game.
02. While a family is loading (not sure if it's exclusive to the Roomies) there will be game tips shown in the family loading screen.
03. If you want to delete many things at once, try clicking and dragging while using the sledgehammer tool.
04. Cooking and gardening go great together. Higher quality ingredients means higher quality meals, which will put your Sims in better moods.
05. When placing floor tiles, you can use the "<" and ">" keys to rotate the one you're holding.
06. In Build or Buy mode, you can hold the "ALT" key while moving an object to get free-form placement.
07. Aspirations are back but they called "Lifetime Wishes", and so far we only know of Romance (now called "The Romantic Sampler"), Family (now called "Surrounded By Family"), Knowledge and Fortune. New ones are: Fishing, Art and Music.
08. Sims' memories will no longer be just thought bubbles but will have a real impact with the interactions between Sims.
09. Now when in neighborhood view, you can find out which Sims are in what location.
10. Earning skill points will now notify you what level you've reached, for example: "Congratulations! Frankie has just improved his Guitar skill to level 3!" So no more useless phrases like in Sims 2 such as: "Out of the frying pan and into the book!"
11. To gain the Fishing skill much faster, your Sim can sign up for a class at the supermarket or study books on the subject. Sims with the Fishing skill will catch bigger, more rare, and more valuable fish.
12. In the UI where the Sim's information is found, it is now categorized more specifically, such as the memories are in its own tab.
13. The mood meter is now revamped and more complex, tracking your Sim's mood every hour by combining whatever moodlets it has for a quick result. It will actually say "happy" when they are happy.
14. Moodlets are timed just like the Bon Voyage vacation benefits are.
15. Certain moodlets may be specific to certain things such as skills or hobbies, etc.
16. New phone interactions: "Call Everybody Home," "Take Photo," "Move," "Change Ringtone," and "Silence Phone." "Quit Work" is now a diirect option rather than a sub-option under "Work."
17. According to the picture of the party planner: there will be no wedding/baby showers and there is no limit as to how many guests are invited. The townies appear to have the same odd names as in Sims 2 (unless those are just families EA created for the demo). And baseball caps for males have been seen to be worn sideways (as well as backwards from previous screen shots).
18. Patterns/textures from Create-A-Style: Fabrics, Leathers & Furs, Abstract, Geometric, Themed, Woods, Metals, Weave & Wicker, Paint, Tiles & Mosaic, Plastics & Rubber, Rock & Stone, Masonry, Misc., Broken Materials.
19. The color palette from Create-A-Style is definitely the standard millions-of-color palette found in photo editers, etc.
20. There are 100 pre-fabricated textures.
21. You can save each set of patterns/textures created so that you can have it for future use without having to repeat everything, as well as give the set a name and description.
22. Genetics function similar to that of Sims 2, only a bit stronger this time and more complex. So skin tones, for example, can be a lot more accurate. This is great for having a black and a white couple giving birth to a baby of a mixed skin tone.
23. There are nine eyecolor presets and of course you can exceed that by creating your own with a color palette of the standard millions of colors.
24. Eyebrow color is now independent of haircolor but can be matched.
25. Male Sims can now have graying (aging color) as an option for hair (probably as gray highlights). And facial hair color is also independent of head hair color but can be matched.
26. All types of hair has the millions of color palette.
27. Clothing categories are the same as Sims 2 except "undies" is currently non-existant (probably under construction).
28. Now under "everyday" clothing, there are more sub-categories: "tops," "bottoms," "outfits," "shoes" and "jewelry."
29. You can only choose your children's traits if you raised them well, otherwise if you raise them badly they will automatically have negative traits against your will.
30. The aspirations are unfrtunately not choosable. They are assigned depending on the set of traits your Sim has. However, you do get 5 choices that are the result of the set of traits you chose. I think there are supposed to be about 30 of them according to an older preview.
31. Right-click on a wish to cancel it.
32. Yes, having triplets are indeed now possible according to the "Fertility Treatment" lifetime reward.
33. The amount of points for the lifetime rewards have been raised greatly in comparison to Snooty's site, with the most expensive being "Mid-Life Crisis" costing 100,000 and that lets you completely change your set of traits as a way to start over.

Source: http://74.125.93.104/translate_c?hl...ZczLXR0mcBWoT4Q
Field Researcher
#261 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 10:17 AM
Oh, I can't wait!!
But in the 5th line there is said that we can rotate tiles. But we can do it in TS2, too...
It's incredible that if one brought kid up badly, you can't choose traits! And it's incredible (for me) that one can't choose aspirations!
#262 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 1:23 PM
Hang on... there's a family loading screen. I thought there weren't supposed to be any :mean:
Alchemist
#263 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nelle
Hang on... there's a family loading screen. I thought there weren't supposed to be any :mean:

That's exactly what I was thinking. So much for that "just zoom in and play" story we had previously been being fed. I thought it sounded too good to be true.
Anyway, aside from that, what a great collection of new and very exciting info! I can not WAIT to mess around with those traits. Is it possible to have a Sim be good and evil, a heavy sleeper and a light sleeper? Or does the opposite trait of a certain selected trait become disabled after you select the...selected trait...?
#264 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 3:22 PM
Triplets? o.o;;; Sounds like things could get busy!!

And maybe they meant loading into the game itself.. like neighborhood? Maybe?
Test Subject
#265 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 3:53 PM
I try to avoid as much Sims 3 stuff as possible to keep my opinion as neutral as I can (as many things are subject to change prior to release). I am however not noticing any custom content stars for skintones and eyes in those screenshots, this may currently not mean anything yet but it has me slightly concerned.
Top Secret Researcher
#266 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 9:35 PM
Actually, there will be weddings. Here's the photo. It's the second one in the orange:

http://www.urbania-sims.com/upload/...es/sims3_49.jpg

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
#267 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fantasyrogue
I try to avoid as much Sims 3 stuff as possible to keep my opinion as neutral as I can (as many things are subject to change prior to release). I am however not noticing any custom content stars for skintones and eyes in those screenshots, this may currently not mean anything yet but it has me slightly concerned.

Well that's probably just because no custom content has been made yet.
Test Subject
#268 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stellar
Well that's probably just because no custom content has been made yet.

I think you misunderstand me. In the hair screenshots you see the custom content star in the top right corner. Like in Sims 2 you have a custom hair bin, you click on the star it opens the bin to pick custom hairs. Similarly you have that custom star for skintones to pick a custom one. I'm not seeing that star anywhere in the skintone screenshot (admittedly for the eyes they could just load in the same bin as the current eyes are sitting, just as it is in Sims 2). Like I said, this doesn't necessarily mean anything, perhaps they're under the pull down for more skincolours, who knows. I'm just keeping a real close eye on what types of CC we can have cause I'd be massively disappointed if we get less options than we have now.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#269 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nelle

I'm guessing it's only when you load that family because they are the tutorial, or maybe it means that when you load the game, it loads the last family you played with. I'm sure there won't be any loading screens, that was the whole point of the game as far as the new seamless town.

Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Is it possible to have a Sim be good and evil, a heavy sleeper and a light sleeper? Or does the opposite trait of a certain selected trait become disabled after you select the...selected trait...?

You can't have opposites, once you choose good then evil will be unavailable. It makes sense if you really think about it.
Lab Assistant
#270 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 11:09 PM
I don't mind that there will be a loading screen per family. That is still way better then the number of loading screens we have to endure with TS2. I foresee myself actually making a neighborhood when the building tools becoming available now that there won't be loading screens when we want to send our sims to the park or the bookstore.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#271 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 2:15 AM
I am guessing for sure it will be when switching between families and that is it. It makes sense because you have to load the family info and their household and all that stuff, so eventually something is loading. Kind of like in the space stage of Spore where it loads briefly when going into and out of a planet. But it would be very brief, like two seconds or so.

EDIT: But still, I can imagine the frustration. We were told to not have a loading screen. In fact, we were told that the only loading screen would be loading the game.
Alchemist
#272 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
You can't have opposites, once you choose good then evil will be unavailable. It makes sense if you really think about it.

Yeah, it makes perfect sense. I just wanted to see if it was possible out of curiosity. Thankies!
#273 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 11:02 AM
It is known that there will be game saves...and looking at the screenshot after the ones of the loading screen for the Roomies family...there is one with a time and date etc...presumably this is the time the save game was created. So this save focuses on the Roomies family, but you can have more than one save...with one focusing on the Bachelor family, the Smith family etc.

Think about it guys...in the Sims 2 how do we select what family we want to control each time we play? And the game would have to change them to playable character etc...causing a loading time. Causing a loading screen. The ONLY loading screen in the game. You start the game, go into your family...and no more loading screens.

Like Frankie said.

Did they lie to us though? I thought they said minimal loading screens? And at another time they said that once you have the game up and running no more loading screens...you could say the game isn't fully up and running till you are playing (after having selected a family).

Anyway if it has to be this way who cares
#274 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 11:12 AM
My guess with the loading screens is that they're only there when you pick a new family to play. Once that family loads, there wouldn't be any loading screens if they decide to go to the park or a store, but if you load another family, there would be another loading screen. That's just a guess though.
Field Researcher
#275 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 1:25 AM
From what I understand, you can save the game in different "slots" to preserve the town and everyone in it at any certain point. You can then return to those saved slots and play out things differently if you so wish.

My impression is that the only time you'll get a load screen is when you either start up the game or load a saved slot.

Although, they haven't exactly gone out of their way to explain or demonstrate this yet, so I could be wrong.

(Edited to add: If things work according to my speculation, you can take control over any playable sim in the town at will - just zoom in and select at your fancy.)
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: thanks, frankie!
Page 11 of 94