Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tink's Fireplace ~ Functional Version

by mustluvcatz Posted 12th Jan 2012 at 5:28 PM - Updated 12th Jan 2012 at 7:28 PM by mustluvcatz

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 63 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 8:01 PM
Wow, this must have taken alot of time to make but it shows real skill. Thankyou so much! (:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 2:37 AM
What a lovely fireplace!
It resembles the one in my home. Good work.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 12:48 AM
I absolutely love this. It's gorgeous, and such a great idea. Thanks a lot for sharing it. Pretty sure it's going to be in every single house I build from now on.

I do have one minor problem, and that's the placing of decorative objects. It insists on wanting to place something inside the oven (or what to call it) before allowing me to place on anything on the shelves on the chimney. I don't want anything in there, and I can't temporarily place something because once it's placed I can't grab it again. I notice in your pictures you have a few of things placed everywhere but inside the oven. Did you use an invisible object there, or am I just failing at placing things?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 9:48 PM
gummilutt - sorry, I somehow missed your post. I do know that you figured out it though.

.Light. and Pookie. - thanks!

Restava - Hmmmm..that could be done, I think. But it's not something I'll be doing anytime soon. Sorry.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 7th May 2012 at 7:58 PM
Awesome fireplace ty x
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 15th May 2012 at 8:20 AM
Thank you very much! 1000th liker
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 18th May 2012 at 3:48 PM
Thanks (:
It's really great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 2:42 PM
Wow! Really realistic and decorative! Go on like this...
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#59 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 4:07 PM
These are awesome. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 5:22 PM
Very useful thing! Thanks! Excellent work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 3:31 PM
instead of a fireplace I would also like you did with normal TV you could make a
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#62 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 7:47 PM
Wow so wonderful ! All of your work is, thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 11:02 PM
Love It! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 5:15 PM
This is great and really pretty
one question, where did you get the objects you put in the slots? they look really good and i would love the bread to put in the oven.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 5:53 PM
maygirl96: Most of those objects are Maxis from different EPs. The 3 bowls in the black stand (on top of the fireplace) can be gotten here, along with some recolors; the cookie jar here, at Black Pearl Sims (you have to be registered there to download) and the bread here at MTS.

#66 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 7:34 PM
Hi there. First of all, I want to thank you for making this beautiful object useable! It will make a lovely addition to my game. And I just love objects with lots of slots on them.

But I need to report that I found a small problem with it. When I use the eyedropper on it, it selects the cheapest Maxis fireplace/oven thing instead of the custom object, and sometimes when I place it it will spawn the "pipe" from that Maxis oven behind it, which cannot be removed again. It seems like the game is confusing the two a bit, and I couldn't figure out what was doing it exactly, since it's not an outright override or anything. I know I'm late to the party, but something to look into?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 2:26 PM
Tarlia- Using the eyedropper tool on this (and other custom, no chimney fireplaces) will do that. So that's normal. Believe me when I say the first time I saw that happen I freaked out. I thought for sure I did something wrong. But I have other fireplaces like this (in appliances, no chimney, no script needed) by HugeLunatic and others and they do the same thing. So if you want to place another one you'll have to select it from the catalog.

The other thing with the pipe? I've never seen that happen. I'll play around with it in game.. but I can't promise anything since I've never seen that. (And nobody's ever reported that happening until now.)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#68 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 2:52 PM
Hey, and thanks for answering. After playing around with it I noticed both things happening with the other custom fireplaces that I have too, like you said. I think the pipe thing is just a side effect as well, it only happens sometimes when I pick them up and move them around a bit. I guess I just never noticed this before. Sorry for the trouble!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#69 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 2:22 PM
Love it. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 1:23 AM
beautiful beautiful beautiful thank you very much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 10th May 2014 at 3:12 AM
I am gonna love these so much, finally a fireplace I can love to look at. Thanks so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 5:26 PM
wow this is nice, thank you! Definitely will enjoy this for sims 2 but will be going back to sims 3 just because the lack of casT drives me batty. Would love this even more for sims 3...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 4:49 PM
This is Great!! Thank you. :-)x
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 10:11 AM
Dankeschön.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 1:54 PM
Amazing!