Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sleep on Community/OFB/Vacation/Apartment/Secret lots - Global Hack

by Numenor Posted 27th Jul 2007 at 5:46 PM - Updated 8th Oct 2008 at 10:00 PM by Numenor : Tested with AL

166 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 143 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 2:07 AM
This is great! I can make motels now. Thanks!
Test Subject
#77 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 4:44 AM
You know what.. You are Super Awesome!! Thanks so much for this hack and so many more. You guys really make Sims worth playing.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 9:37 PM
I love the idea of this hack! But I had a problem with it. Maybe you could tell me if I am using it wrong.
I have NL and OFB EP's.
I created a Shopping District for a neighborhood (for Strangetown) and I built a Mall. I made a couple of apartments upstairs and added a custom bed and a Maxis bed.
None of my Sims own this mall.
When my Sims go to shop, they can relax on the beds, but there is no sleep option.
There is a "nap" option on benches.
Do the Sims need to own the business lot to be able to sleep in the beds? That's not the impression I got from reading the other comments on this thread.

Numenor, I want to say thanks for sharing so many of your creations here. Whenever I see your name listed as the creator I know I have to check it out...your creations are wonderful!
Test Subject
#79 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 8:39 PM
OMG THANKS SO MUCH!! I have been trying to find a hack just like this as well, so I could make a hotel for my sims =] Thanks again!

Ashii <3
Test Subject
#80 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 7:46 AM
Wowwww!!! This is very wonderful!!!!

I always get a trouble like when my sim is being in the business zone and there are many things left to do there, but he/she doesn't have enough energy to do them.

This is the great solution to solve that prob!!!

Thank you so much for your hard working and sharing ^^!!!

Have nothing to do???
Visit my DA gallery here...
http://reiki-chan.deviantart.com
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 3:43 AM
I really really love you for this.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 10:07 AM
This is great, Numenor - just my game is very interested.

Alia vel Margierytka
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 7:10 PM
Weeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll doggie what a great hack.
Instructor
#84 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 11:30 AM
Thank you very much. I'm always in awe about the things I find here. It's a download heaven because of creators like you. Awesome!
Field Researcher
#85 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 10:12 AM
Anyone know if this is good to go with Free Time? I haven't had any problems yet but I haven't been playing for long with it.
Test Subject
#86 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 6:48 PM
I am wondering the same thing. Is this hack compatible with Free time? I would hate to lose this.

I use this all the time with all of my campgrounds and community lots.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 6:00 PM
Whenever a new EP comes out, my priorities are: updating the AnyGameStarter, then the BaseGameStarter, then the CEP; and lastly I start checking my older mods against the new EP. It will take a while before I can do it; therefore, I'd appreciate you to run some tests. I can grant that no permanent harm can be caused by this mod to your game: just keep it in your downloads folder, and play as usual. If you notice something strange, remove my mod and restart the game, and check if the problem is solved.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#88 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 7:14 PM
Thanks --^ Thats what i was just wondering, also SNUGGLES can you have kindergartens in Freetime?? LOL XD

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
(()) Pass this ribbon around if you have or know someone with an illness and together, WE CAN
//\\ CONQUER IT!!!
Test Subject
#89 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 2:48 AM Last edited by vaneckel : 2nd Mar 2008 at 3:25 AM. Reason: Added commercial lots to testing
I tested this hack on the special hobby lots and commercial lots in Free time and works fine, I currently have all expansions installed.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#90 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 9:08 AM
XxSimsrulexX - A Kindergarten would be possible only if you could bring your babies and toddlers to a community lot, and I don't think this is possible.

vaneckel - Thanks for reporting! I've also examined the code of this mod, and it looks perfectly compatible with FreeTime.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#91 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 8:24 PM
Thanks for this!
Test Subject
#92 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 4:34 PM
Is it FreeTime Expansion compatible???
Test Subject
#93 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 6:11 PM
Yes! This is working great, and seems to be the only Free Time one that lets my vampires sleep in coffins. Third one I have tried, and I thank you greatly for this. Much appreciated!
Test Subject
#94 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vaneckel
I tested this hack on the special hobby lots and commercial lots in Free time and works fine, I currently have all expansions installed.

I believe you can sleep on the secret hobby lots without this hack - though I still use this one, (a) because it still takes time to get access to them, and (b) you can really only nap on sofas, if the lots have them :P

The only person you have to be is you
Test Subject
#95 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 4:34 PM
Ahh, Now I can sleep everywhere when I've got no power.
Thank you ^^
Test Subject
#96 Old 11th May 2008 at 11:46 AM
Wow! This will definitely come in handy for later use! Thanks!

The champ is here!
Top Secret Researcher
#97 Old 31st May 2008 at 7:51 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 31st May 2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: More infos
Err I tested the hack in my game and only the napping work, no sleeping

Edit: i tested the hack in a comm. lot which only had sleeping and napping items: beds, lounge chairs, benches and couchs; nothing else. Only napping on the lounges and benchs worked, but the beds only had the 'relax' option.
Is it fully compatible with freetime? Or does the lot need a shop 'label' item as the ticket machine or the open/close sign?

The hack conflict detector doesn't find anything wrong in my game, i have all the EPs and the stuff packs (including K&B).
Test Subject
#98 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 7:41 AM
This global hack only works well with the Windows XP, when I try to run it on Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bits edition, whenever a guest come, if I direct my Sim invite that person, then the game crashed. When I remove the downloaded file, everything becomes okay again.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 5:10 PM
Tuckerkao, sorry but this seems really hard to believe :P
A hack, any hack, can't possibly have any connection or relationship with the operating system: it can affect only the game and nothing else. In this specific case, moreover, the hack is really a "mild" one: just some text modified, nothing really difficult for the game to manage.
However, I don't have Vista 64bit, but I have Vista 32bit, so it's definitely not true that this hack only works with XP. The only user (that I know of) that usesVista64 is Petchy14: perhaps we should ask him to test this hack...

Top Secret Researcher
#100 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 5:31 PM
Numenor, why isn't it working in my game? Is it because of K&B, or do you have to own the commercial lot to be able to have the sleep option?
Page 4 of 7