Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sleep on Community/OFB/Vacation/Apartment/Secret lots - Global Hack

by Numenor Posted 27th Jul 2007 at 5:46 PM - Updated 8th Oct 2008 at 10:00 PM by Numenor : Tested with AL

166 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 143 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Test Subject
#126 Old 6th May 2009 at 10:49 PM
Thank you so much for making this. Now my sims can have the litle country cottage they've always wanted!
Instructor
#127 Old 8th May 2009 at 2:01 PM
Hrm, maybe I'm just a freak or this hack is conflicting with something else, but it's crashing my game every time I put it in the downloads folder. And I double-checked to make sure it works with early configurations of the game (I only have Uni+NL) so that isn't the problem... any thoughts?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#128 Old 10th May 2009 at 5:01 PM
Katalina, you are right, I tested this mod in a UNI+NL game and it crashed; unfortunately, I couldn't spot anything in the code that may explain why this happens...
I hope to come up with a solution sooner or later.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#129 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:23 AM
This is why you're the Modfather. For...ever, I've wanted to create a corner office for my Sim Business Owner complete with a Mini bed to take a nap and refresh if he/she needs to. Awesome mod. Thank you!

Come visit me on My Simblr!
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 1:03 PM
Thanks so much After having read a tutorial here on MTS2 about replacing NPC clothes, I realised the versatility of this idea, and have gone mad applying it to many things. I was going to make a bed function like a tent, but why? when I can have your mod! I don't really consider it 'cheating' (for my legacy) since you can already sleep in tents on community lots, it was really just an aesthetic thing.
Test Subject
#131 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 4:28 PM
I have Sims2 Deluxe (base game and NL) and when I tried downloading this it kept crashing the game, too. As soon as I try to open a lot the game freezes and eventually crashes.
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 11:37 PM
I Love You!

Hee - hee, Aaow~
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 6:40 PM
*dances* woopz just what i needed!!!
Field Researcher
#134 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 2:58 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I have been going crazy trying to find something like this!!! I even have someone else looking into making something similar!!! I'll have to let her know about this!

One ??? for you tho, Numenor, in your info page you mentioned "You need a hack like the "Comm-Skilling" by JM Pescado (download it here: choose the versions suitable for your game)." I tried your link and it went to some strange page! Am I doing something wrong? If you could help, it would be greatly appreciated, because I am definitely interested in this link also!

Thanks again, JB
Mad Poster
#135 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 9:55 AM Last edited by Charity : 21st Nov 2009 at 1:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
One ??? for you tho, Numenor, in your info page you mentioned "You need a hack like the "Comm-Skilling" by JM Pescado (download it here: choose the versions suitable for your game)." I tried your link and it went to some strange page! Am I doing something wrong? If you could help, it would be greatly appreciated, because I am definitely interested in this link also!

Thanks again, JB

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F

Thats the one for Apartment Life. comm-skilling.zip

Now I have a question heh. My hack conflict program detects a conflict between this and the Smart Beds hack. Does this include that fix? I'd like this hack, but I don't want to remove smart beds; it saved my sanity. XD
Field Researcher
#136 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 3:36 AM
Numenor, I was very excited about this hack, but then I read Ulumuri's comment above (I also have TS2 Deluxe and no other EP's). So I ran my game, it started up fine, I got into build mode in a comm lot downtown, OK. Then I had one of my sims go downtown, and it figures - the game promptly crashed while loading the lot. So I guess there's some conflict with either Deluxe or NL? I hope you figure it all out if you plan on trying. I have a few lazy sims who run out of energy like crazy downtown, and this would be a HUGE help! Thank you for all your TS2 creations, I have downloaded many of them and would go nuts without them
Test Subject
#137 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 5:01 PM
U're the best!

Thanks!

[font f=georgia c=#339966]◊Bond◊[/font][br][br][br]neoHTML[br][br][fontc=D30000f=Wingdingss=3]–¯—[/font][

][br][br][br][br][fontc=FFCC33f=papyrus]Cal[/font]
Test Subject
#138 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 5:58 PM
Thank you so very much for this global mod. I'm a film maker, and I have to find someway for my sim to sleep in a coffin on a community lot, so this is perfect!
Test Subject
#139 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 1:18 PM
it doesn't work,
in which folder do i have to put global mods?
And Clean Installer doesn't work either. :o?
#140 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 7:04 PM
whaf-whaf, it works fine for me in a subfolder of Downloads, and Clean Installer isn`t relavent here.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#141 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 5:51 PM
This just might be what I need! I have one business owner that was saved on his business lot. When I returned to the game, it won't let him go home! His family is still playable on his home lot; he's just not there! I don't want to kill him off, as his burger joint is popular, and he's making money (been using hacks to keep his wants and needs up). He hasn't slept in 6 sim months! Thanks!
Test Subject
#142 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 11:46 AM
I can't wait to try this mod out! This is so great you truly are a genious- SO many wonderful gifts you have bestowed upon Sim players! I truly do appreciate all of the hard work and time you have put in to all of your creations that have made the game so much enjoyable for us all!
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 3:46 AM
thank you sooo much for this! :D
this will be very helpful ^.^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 10:03 AM
Awesome!!
thank you so~so much :D
Test Subject
#145 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 11:05 PM
don't know if this thread is still very active, but I thought I'd give it a try..... I downloaded this hack in hopes that I could get my sims to go to a community lot and not want to stay there only 2 secs before they leave cause their energy is too low.... I've built a mall (community lot) with a basement, and in the basement I have several beds... I downloaded this hack PRIOR to building this lot, so I know that's not an issue, and it's still not working.... I have all EPs, Deluxe thru AL (none of the item expansion eps though)... would really appreciate some help......

::Edit::
another note - when starting up the game this hack has an exclamation point next to it, does that mean something's wrong with it?
::End Edit::
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 1:02 PM
WOW Brilliant, SIM-PLE Brilliant! I abosolutely love this Hack that you've created Numenor. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#147 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 1:35 AM
Compatible with M&G? I only ask as M&G functions more like an EP in some cases.

On the floating, shapeless oceans...I did all my best to smile...till your singing eyes and fingers drew me loving into your eyes. And you sang: "Sail to me; sail to me, let me enfold you."
-Song to the Siren, This Mortal Coil
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#148 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 12:50 AM
Oh how I've wanted this. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 9:45 AM
Thank you very much! I always wanted this so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#150 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 6:03 PM
If I had as many English pounds as some of my Sims have Simoleons, I would give them to you. LONG LIVE NUMENOR!
Page 6 of 7