Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

LotAdjuster 2.8 (Updated Jan 31, 2010)

by Mootilda Posted 19th Apr 2008 at 4:40 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:31 PM by Nysha

488 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 479 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 20
Alchemist
#126 Old 28th May 2008 at 7:21 AM
To finalise the changes made outside the game, you do have to enter the lot, make a structural change and save. Then, in neighbourhood view, you have to pick up the lot and re-position it. After that, everything should work as normal.

If you accidentally pick up the lot before doing that, press the ESC key to let it go back where it was.
Instructor
#127 Old 28th May 2008 at 11:13 PM
Great, thank you! I had to bulldoze a couple of townhouses before I realized I had to enter the lot first!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Alchemist
#128 Old 29th May 2008 at 12:22 AM
You're welcome.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#129 Old 30th May 2008 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Then, in neighbourhood view, you have to pick up the lot and re-position it.

It depends what you've done. For some purposes, picking the lot up and repositioning it would wreck everything (eg over-the-road and moved away from road lots, deliberately overlapping lots)

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#130 Old 30th May 2008 at 10:35 AM
Well, yes, true enough. The main point was that you must enter the lot and make the structural change, or the lot doesn't re-set properly after using LA.
Field Researcher
#131 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 6:02 PM
Omg
I'm suddenly having an issue with this.. lotadjuster wont display correctly.. It opens, and half of the screen is hidden behind the border of the window... Its like the window is too small for the lotadjuster screen, but the window is a fixed size! And only the EXIT button is visible. What do I do? I tried changing the resolution but it only does the same thing in different sizes.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#132 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 6:39 PM
Read this thread. Several other people have had this problem and you might find that one of their solutions works for you.
Instructor
#133 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 10:47 PM
i was wondering just what is the differnce between loAdjuster 1.1 & LotExpander for Free Time?

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Site Helper
Original Poster
#134 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 11:53 PM
LotAdjuster has a lot more features. LotExpander is an older version which will only expand lots and nothing else.
Instructor
#135 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 4:26 AM
ok thanks

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Site Helper
Original Poster
#136 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 7:57 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 7th Jun 2008 at 8:10 PM.
Default Possible Solution to Truncated Window
Here is a potential fix for the issue with the LotAdjuster window being truncated. Please let me know if it solves your problems, or not:

Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
I just tried to run LotAdjuster 1.0
Only half of the control panel or whatever you call it shows up. The only thing I can do is exit. The start button is on the half that doesn't show up. [...] I found the problem and it is not one that most people would have. It was not large fonts or large icons that I was using. I had increased the DPI settings to 125% of normal to make text easier for me to read.
Quote: Originally posted by VaSims222
I have a problem and would like to see if anyone has an answer for. The LotAdjuster application window, on this PC, is truncated / clipped in half. The X for closing the window appears over the "ju" in "Welcome to Lot Adjuster" on the first screen, so something is resizing the window and cutting off the right edge.
Quote: Originally posted by alidarivera
I'm suddenly having an issue with this.. lotadjuster wont display correctly.. It opens, and half of the screen is hidden behind the border of the window...
Attached files:
File Type: zip  LotAdjuster111.zip (843.6 KB, 18 downloads)
Field Researcher
#137 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Read this thread. Several other people have had this problem and you might find that one of their solutions works for you.

You're absolutely right, I should have..

And it was in fact, the DPI, so once I reverted to default DPI settings, it showed up just fine.. Kinda hard to read tho, cuz I had changed it when I got this huge monitor lol
Field Researcher
#138 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 5:35 AM
Hello Mootilda!
I am sorry, it is me again.

I expanded a lot from 4x4 to 4x6.. it seems good from first glance and I played on, nicely.. then I realize that one strip in the expanded area. Not the entire new area, cannot be placed on with things unless I use MoveObjects cheat, and when I used that cheat the stuff acts weirdy such as hedge cutting is impossible (throwing tantrum). Thanks of me having Moveobjects cheat on I didn't discover this booboo until long time after I've played in and I didn't want to revert to my backup. :P

I expanded the lot from 4x4 to 4x6 on the left, and then shrunk again to see if it got corrected. Now I have 4x5 and the leftmost 3 blocks wide strip is ok and placeable, and same thing on the strip closest to the "old" size (about 1-2 blocks wide), while in between there's this strip of blocks that you can't place on.

What's causing this and what can I do to remedy this?

Thank you, M!
Alchemist
#139 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 11:40 AM
Did you finish the size-change process properly?

you have to make a structural change (anythign from build mode really), save the lot, and then re-position it in the hood screen.

Just in case it's that easy.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#140 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 6:00 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 10th Jun 2008 at 7:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sweetichigodream
I expanded a lot from 4x4 to 4x6.. it seems good from first glance and I played on, nicely.. then I realize that one strip in the expanded area. Not the entire new area, cannot be placed on with things unless I use MoveObjects cheat, and when I used that cheat the stuff acts weirdy such as hedge cutting is impossible (throwing tantrum). Thanks of me having Moveobjects cheat on I didn't discover this booboo until long time after I've played in and I didn't want to revert to my backup. :P

I can't think of anything that the LotAdjuster does that would explain this behaviour. Is your terrain flat where you want to place the objects? Sometimes, if the terrain isn't flat, objects cannot be placed without moveobjects and sims can't use the objects properly once they are placed.

Is it possible that you have some invisible object on the tile? This could also explain what you're seeing.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything offhand. If you'd like to attach the lot to this thread, I can take a look at your lot and see whether I can find anything to explain this behaviour.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#141 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 7:01 PM
And it was in fact, the DPI, so once I reverted to default DPI settings, it showed up just fine.. Kinda hard to read tho, cuz I had changed it when I got this huge monitor lol
Did you try downloading my potential fix for this problem?
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...375#post1960375

Several people have downloaded, but I haven't gotten any feedback yet about whether it solves the problem or not.
Mad Poster
#142 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetichigodream

I expanded the lot from 4x4 to 4x6 on the left, and then shrunk again to see if it got corrected. Now I have 4x5 and the leftmost 3 blocks wide strip is ok and placeable, and same thing on the strip closest to the "old" size (about 1-2 blocks wide), while in between there's this strip of blocks that you can't place on.

Thank you, M!

1st of all, were you trying to experiment LA with that lot you wanted to resurrect?

Test Subject
#143 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 8:36 AM
I can't run it, after I've upgraded to Windows XP SP3.
It says I need a special .NET Framework ?

I've used it, when I had SP2, and it was great (:
Field Researcher
#144 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 3:21 PM
[QUOTE=Mootilda]Did you try downloading my potential fix for this problem?
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...375#post1960375[QUOTE]

No, I haven't.. It wasn't necessary after I changed back to smaller font display.. When I said I couldn't read it, I meant because the monitor is bigger now, so the default DPI settings gives me really small letters lol, that was all..
I went ahead an downloaded it anyway, is it an update?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#145 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 4:15 PM
No, I haven't.. It wasn't necessary after I changed back to smaller font display.. When I said I couldn't read it, I meant because the monitor is bigger now, so the default DPI settings gives me really small letters lol, that was all..
I went ahead an downloaded it anyway, is it an update?
It is an update for 1.1, which may fix your problem. I'd like for the LotAdjuster to be accessible for people who want a larger font, so I changed the way that the LA sets the window size. I'm hoping that it fixes the problems that people have been having with truncated windows.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#146 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stinalakso
I can't run it, after I've upgraded to Windows XP SP3.
It says I need a special .NET Framework ?

I've used it, when I had SP2, and it was great (:
I'm sorry for the late answer... I somehow missed your post.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about XP SP3 and how it affects .NET. Did you try downloading .NET 2.0 from the link given in the first post? If you use SimPE, can you still run it?

Is anyone else using the LotAdjuster with XP SP3... perhaps you could help?
Test Subject
#147 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 8:16 PM
Has anyone come across this error message:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to contine. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not load file or assembly 'simpe.package, Version=1.0.2990.38590, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Now, I don't know much when it comes to mod programs, but I would assume that this is telling me that there is an issue with simpe, however I can load up SimPE without any problems.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#148 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foodstamps
Has anyone come across this error message
Are you running Vista? This sounds like the error message that some people are getting when Vista refuses to load the SimPE DLLs.
Test Subject
#149 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Are you running Vista? This sounds like the error message that some people are getting when Vista refuses to load the SimPE DLLs.

I am running XP.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#150 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foodstamps
I am running XP.
Are you running the LotAdjuster from the same directory that has the SimPE DLLs, all extracted from the zip file? If the program and DLLs are all in the same directory, then it is easier for Windows to find the correct versions of the DLLs. If you try to run the EXE directly from the zip file, then Windows may not be able to find the DLLs.

If you have created a shortcut to run the program, then you should make sure that the "Start in" directory is pointing to the directory which contains the extracted DLLs.

Do you have XP SP3? At least one person has reported an issue after installing SP3.
Page 6 of 20