Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 1:54 AM
Default Mod to stop toddlers picking their nose?
Hello, does anyone know where I can find a mod/hack to stop toddlers picking their nose please?

It's driving me mad!

Thank you to anyone who can help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 7:28 AM
In CAS or do they do it in game too?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 9:08 AM
You and your Sims' mums will be lucky if you find a mod to stop them picking their noses. My mother tried to stop me when I was a toddler. She still hasn't succeeded. I still do it if I think nobody's looking. I'm 70 now!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 4:45 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Jan 2022 at 12:17 AM.
It's part of the randomized sitting animation cycles for toddlers. No idea if it's possible to mod it out.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 11:38 PM
I wish they could suck their thumb like I did when I was a baby lol. Anyway it's part of the little things that Sims 2 animations do that make the game so fun.

@AndrewGloria Thank you for making my day with laughter I love what you said. :lovestruc

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 1:02 AM
Thanks everyone.

Charity - It's in CAS, I'm sorting out my downloads and making defaults so haven't actually played yet - maybe they don't do it as much in the actual game? I haven't actually played in years so I can't remember.

It is constant in CAS though, and it's making me feel a bit sick, as it's generally just after eating my tea that I start making and testing stuff
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 1:29 AM
It's possible the idles in CAS are tied to personality even for toddlers, so you could try to see if for instance a temporary high neat, low serious, high nice score (possibly some combo of the two others, too) can do anything with it. Kid through elder idles are somewhat affected by personality scores, but I'm not sure if it matters for toddlers, because they seem to cycle through the same few idles. Haven't actually tried if there's a difference.

I don't think they do it as much ingame (maybe not at all?). Sometimes I really don't remember what's where. Could swear I've seen a thumb-sucking animation too, and not just the one where they chew on their hand. Been a while since I played (should do something about that...).
Alchemist
#8 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 1:35 AM
Did you try Cyjon's No CAS Idles?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 1:57 AM
My guess is you would need to mod out all CAS idles. And Phantomknight already linked to it. I don't know if removing just one is possible.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#10 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 10:44 PM
https://earlypleasantview.tumblr.co...-picking-in-cas
This only removes the CAS idle, not the nose-picking animation that happens during gameplay.
Alchemist
#11 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 7:36 PM
@Dizzy-noodles did you try this? I would like to know if it worked.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 7:54 PM
Sorry for the late replies everyone, work is insane at the moment!

Thanks for the helpful suggestions, I'll try a couple and see how I get on.

I'll post back here so you can see which is best
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 9:23 PM
omglo, thanks for your mod, I tried it the other day.

It doesn't stop the nose picking 100%, but it greatly reduces it, by around 90% I would say, which is massively helpful and reduces it to a level I can live with! Thanks for making it, it's very kind of you
Alchemist
#14 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 3:51 PM
I'm just seeing this now. I'm glad it partially works. When I have time, I'll have to investigate how to totally supress CAS animations.