Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 8:25 PM
Default .PY file for custom aspiration
Okay so after making traits, careers and overwrites as well as totally new xml files, I thought I was ready to take on an aspiration. All done in sims 4 studio, stuck it in the game and the {1.string} in SBL are not working. Because they need a script right? Python script? So off i googled, how to get the py from the xml files and yeah, im clueless. Can someone help me work out how I can make or extract a .py file for my aspiration, so I can then create the PYO, zip up and change to ts4script. Please and thank you!
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 9:46 PM
You shouldn't need a script. Without seeing the exact tuning you're trying to accomplish (I assume this is for a ScreenSlam or other notification?) it's hard to say if there's another problem. Sometimes case matters, and in this situation I believe that may be the case, I've always used {1.String} (note the first letter is uppercase).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
You shouldn't need a script. Without seeing the exact tuning you're trying to accomplish (I assume this is for a ScreenSlam or other notification?) it's hard to say if there's another problem. Sometimes case matters, and in this situation I believe that may be the case, I've always used {1.String} (note the first letter is uppercase).

That was my thoughts, however {1.String} and so on was directly copied from Maxis aspiration tuning and was not working. I’ve edited the STBL file to just use words. Screen slam is not working but the aspiration is progressing and working.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 12:38 AM
All seems to be working now, I used the aspiration cheat to check the text and screen slams, everything worked so it’s all good! I suspect the {1.String} didn’t work because I had stupidly not actually set my string file to a language in sims 4 studio. Thanks for the help scumbumbo, as usual, you are a diamond 👍🏻
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 1:20 PM
How did you create a custom aspiration using Sims 4 Studio?