Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 4:42 AM
Default Is it possible to complete all ltws with a single sim?
Hiya! I'm sure there's probably threads like this already or perhaps it's an official challenge and I'm unoriginal, but thought it was best to ask before I got too invested in this idea.

I'm getting a little bit tired of ts2 so I want to play 3 again, however I've discovered that playing ts3 the same way I play ts2 (multigenerational family gameplay) tends to get boring. I don't entirely know why, and I've tried multiple times to make it not boring but I'm just not that into 3 these days. So I decided I wanted to do something completely unlike me: a singular solo lonesome simmie, and a challenge.

I thought it might be cool to have a single sim complete every ltw, as many of them I've never done because they didn't fit into the way I played.
But as I'm sat here making a list and trying to come up with the best and most logical order of completion, I got to wondering something:

Is this even possible to do? I read that you need mods to change the ltw once completed, so that's not what I'm asking. But I'm noticing that a number of ltws are somewhat related, such as both Chess Legend and Perfect Mind Perfect Body maxing the logic skill. Also factoring in that the sim will gain skills for the career ltws. Say that the sim already completed Chess Legend so they had max logic, and they already completed a career that has athletic skill... Would PMPB auto-complete or something or would I break the game?

Finally, is there anything else I would need to/should know before embarking on this challenge?
I haven't made a sim or started yet nor will I have time tomorrow so that leaves time for responses and/or suggestions
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Oct 2021 at 6:44 AM
I think you will need aging off or an uber long lifespan. (!) I have tracked my family of over 30 generations to try to complete each and think have done most if not all. I would get bored playing the same Sim that long.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 12:33 AM
I think aging off would be cheating. I don't know about the lifespan. But I figure I would need to use life fruit or the young again reward potion or other in-game methods if there are any.

I mostly just wonder how the game would handle things that are already completed from other ltws like same skills and such.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 7:48 PM
I've never done all LTWs with a single sim, but this might be exactly what would suit me right now too. My main saves, both in TS3 and TS2, are too complex and require a focus on details I just can't manage right now. I wanna play sims but simply don't have the concentration and patience needed for those..

I have done most of the LTWs in my legacy challenge, but with only 1 per sim. Learned the hard way that Firefighter Super Hero is a major PITA! Firefigter career is glitched so often the sim has their response to an emergency canceled out. No problem getting them to lvl 10 but saving all those sims w/o glitching out will try your patience and require some workarounds. I haven't finished it yet 'cause I got burned out trying (with a long lived fairy no less) and decided to save it for a later generation and do most of the others first. My aim have been to not finish the LC until I've done them all but it's been a few months since last time I fired up that world. Have about 10 left to do I think.

As for selecting LTWs with all requirements already done, I know it usually insta completes when buying them the LTR to change but that might be different if already completed and changed via mods instead. Curious to know for sure myself.

Got another sim I sort of played like what I understand the supersim challenge kinda is about, only less structured. Was aiming for all skills and all skill challenges with a single sim. Also not finished because I was silly enough to let her start a family and have lots of pets and now I can't bring myself to have her move worlds anymore. Been pondering whether or not to start from scratch with a completely different sim or a clone. Now thinking it might be fun to combine doing all the LTWs with all the skills and skill challenges.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 11:29 PM
If you give it a go for yourself I'd love to hear how it goes! I've played 3 days since starting for ~2 hours each time and have only gotten half way towards completing the superstar athlete one so this will definitely take some time!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 3:29 PM
Yeah, I think I will have a go. Haven't officially started playing yet as I haven't settled on which sim to use. Will share my progress for sure and look forward to follow yours!

Have you set up any rules or limitations for yourself? For example no/limited store content allowed, no moving in other sims for money/labour etc I'm feeling indecisive about how lax I should keep it. On one hand I really love difficult challenges and sims struggling to get by, on the other hand I'm thinking it might be fun to keep a fast pace even with limited game time to get a record time to beat (in sim weeks) and then try to do it even faster with another sim.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 6:01 PM
I'm being pretty relaxed about it. Simple things like obviously no money or need cheats. And then the only other real main rule I've set for myself is no multi-tasking ie no working ahead on future ltws. So like at one point Jeremiah rolled a want to learn painting, but I declined it because he's still on the Superstar Athlete ltw so I would view working on other skills as cheating because I'd be essentially working on ltws ahead of time. The exception to this being if he gains skills just from normal life such as feeding himself gaining cooking or if he's too broke to call a repair man gaining handiness from fixing the toilet himself. But basically my main rule is only one ltw at a time. I'm also only sticking to one sim at least until he does the raise 5 kids one or the ghost of wealthy spouse one, however family members will merely serve as extra house guests and I'm going to more or less not control.

I'm also doing it by EP like I read here and I'll have Jeremiah move to a new world for each EP. I've not decided whether or not to move for EPS that don't come with a main world like WA or Uni (like maybe moving to a store world then or something). I'm also contemplating when the time comes for that leaving family members behind (since the raise 5 kids is a basegame wish...maybe I can just leave the kids in sunset valley and then won't have to keep them around forever and ever idunno).

I guess ultimately I'm being rather loose on rules but overall if anything feels too cheaty then I'm not doing that. Such as getting rich off wildflowers or stuff like that.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 11:07 AM
I finally made my mind up and settled on the anything goes approach to it. I'll never get around to finishing otherwise, and I'd really like to. Gonna have to spend an eternity on Firefighter and the Architecht LTW as it is. That said, I'm not doing min/max either. Just gonna see where it all takes me. No cheats or mods that affect gameplay in a too cheaty way though.

Yanked Blair Wainwright outta Sunset Valley and plopped her down In Appaloosa Plains instead. Kept all her traits and her original LTW which is International Super Spy. After 2 weeks on the job she's only lvl 3 which isn't all that impressive but that's fine. Not planning on moving other sims in or getting pets any time soon. Will move to a new world every 3-5 LTWs completed mostly for a change of scenery really. Some LTWs require a specific world though, 'cause I'm sticking to the EA ones.
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 3:43 AM
Aging off is not needed imo. There is a fountain of youth potion and Ambrosia. Genie wishes are there too.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Forum Resident
#10 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
Aging off is not needed imo. There is a fountain of youth potion and Ambrosia. Genie wishes are there too.

Or completely disabling the age in the option menu I did it. I hate aging we do not have the possibility to play a story with it.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 2:06 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 13th Nov 2021 at 11:18 AM.
You have to make them immortal (i.e. vampire is one of the ways that come to mind) or extended their lifespan through in game means. Or you can can cheat (if I recall correctly, you can't change a completed ltw wish in vanilla means, so ull have to use mastercontrol or whatever)

I use to go on said mission but through one household instead of just plan. May continue and even try with a single Sim of making them perfect.

P.S. Methods how you can go about prolonging a Sim life.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.