Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 160 times.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 1:41 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 14th Oct 2021 at 7:09 PM.
How to make objects available on community lots? (solved)
I found showers with neat feature I adore so much! For your interest, they are here
I wanted to place those that allows outdoor showering in bikinies on my Sim City Beach. Sims sometimes leave dates when their hygyiene is low. That could be a great improvement for Downtown because there is no hygyiene boosters when you are on date. And Sim City Beach even has floor grills for their placement. Also it make so much sence for community beaches.

Now I have those stalls placed. It is so so solution. I wanted to have another showers here. Showers that allows to wash sims themselves in swimsuites. So please help me to find how to make objects available on community lots. Or maybe point me to link that has showers desired. If not that hard.
Regards Vic ^_^
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 6:08 PM Last edited by PanCakezzz : 14th Oct 2021 at 6:23 PM. Reason: link fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_tor
I found showers with neat feature I adore so much! For your interest, they are here
I wanted to place those that allows outdoor showering in bikinies on my Sim City Beach. Sims sometimes leave dates when their hygyiene is low. That could be a great improvement for Downtown because there is no hygyiene boosters when you are on date. And Sim City Beach even has floor grills for their placement. Also it make so much sence for community beaches.

Now I have those stalls placed. It is so so solution. I wanted to have another showers here. Showers that allows to wash sims themselves in swimsuites. So please help me to find how to make objects available on community lots. Or maybe point me to link that has showers desired. If not that hard.
Regards Vic ^_^


Objects like these are pretty simple, and can be changed with a simple catalog edit. First download Sim Categorizer

When you open it, on the left side choose the location where you've placed the object file (most of the time in Downloads or GameData/UserObjects) select the object (in this case the shower) and press the Edit Object button


On the next window, you can edit all the catalog info for the object. 1 click only selects 1 category, when you hold the ctrl-key you can click multiple categories. When you're done just click Save Object.


Hope this helps

edit : Sim Categorizer link works now
Screenshots
Scholar
#3 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 6:29 PM Last edited by Corylea : 14th Oct 2021 at 7:03 PM.
Edited to add: Sorry, @PanCakezzz! At the time I started this post, no one had yet answered. Lots of help is available here at ModTheSims! :-)

It's easy to make custom content available downtown. First, download The Sims Hot Date Object Organizer from The Sims Depot, which has been kind enough to maintain an archive of all the programs Maxis released for The Sims 1.

Install that program and start it, and you'll get a window that looks like this:



On the left are the names of all of your custom content; on the right are menus that let you choose where you want the object to appear in the downtown catalog.

If the object you want to make available downtown is a Maxis object, though, the situation is slightly more complicated. Maxis objects are deliberately made NOT editable so players don't mess up their games. To edit a Maxis object, you'll need to first CLONE the object using the Transmogrifier, which you can get at the Sims Depot's Must Have Programs for Sims 1 page. After that, you can use the Hot Date Object Organizer on it as explained above.

Have fun!
Screenshots

I made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims%201%20Mods%20by%20Corylea.html
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 7:08 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 14th Oct 2021 at 7:36 PM.

Great! Thank you both. Since my request is niche and related just to Downtown venues I decided to use tool Corylea suggested. Also it looks less complicated and much familiar.
The shower works the same way like on residential lot and then Janitor Sonya rub puddles. That is exactly what I was searching for!
Also my sim just got 10k reward when chosen one of 10 the most sexiest sims LoL. Definitially there is a sign to follow Mrs. Lucille's suggestion to buy a new hot tub
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 8:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corylea
Edited to add: Sorry, @PanCakezzz! At the time I started this post, no one had yet answered. Lots of help is available here at ModTheSims! :-)


No need to apologize , it's always good to have more solutions to 1 problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_tor
Great! Thank you both. Since my request is niche and related just to Downtown venues I decided to use tool Corylea suggested. Also it looks less complicated and much familiar.
The shower works the same way like on residential lot and then Janitor Sonya rub puddles. That is exactly what I was searching for!


No problem. Some tools can look complicated, but you can't really mess things up with these sort of edits and like Corylea said : lots of people here that can help out
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 3:45 PM
PanCakezzz, I guess your solution might be good for another situation like unlock Maxis objects for different worlds. You know, I was always wondered why volleyball court is not accessible at the Downtown beach. Even when having vacation rental shed, there is no court in Downtown buy mode catalogue. As I see Sim Categorizer can open FAR archives, so I guess there is a chance to have volleyball court in Downtown. Hopefully this would unlock interactions as well

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 6:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_tor
PanCakezzz, I guess your solution might be good for another situation like unlock Maxis objects for different worlds. You know, I was always wondered why volleyball court is not accessible at the Downtown beach. Even when having vacation rental shed, there is no court in Downtown buy mode catalogue. As I see Sim Categorizer can open FAR archives, so I guess there is a chance to have volleyball court in Downtown. Hopefully this would unlock interactions as well


A few things to mention :

1 : only edit Maxis objects in FAR archives if you know what you're doing, best way is to clone the item first with the Transmogrifier (Corylea linked it above) and edit the cloned item.
2 : Items like the volleyball court can be edited and show up, but aren't usable. Their interactions are linked to other objects/files. In order to get that working you'll need the really complicated/difficult programs (FarOut and IFF pencil 2 are some of them) and really know what to look for and how to edit it. When you go this route : ALWAYS make backups of the files first that you want to edit.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 6:11 PM
Ho ho ho, wow, your gameplays will never be the same, Mr. VIc. This is so damn cool

https://youtu.be/GVqGQqHXCCo

There is, um, this loony gameplay vid of mine, from a few months ago, that maybe epitomizes one's earliest abilities on placing Buy Mode exclusive stuffs @ the Downtown, from the kids' playground to, hahaha, the ♥vibrating bed♥, if you wanna brainstorm lot ideas xx


PIAZZI ROCKS
(so do you)
lucpix@outlook.com
Back to top