Replies: 9384 (Who?), Viewed: 839712 times.
Page 369 of 376
#9201 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 2:43 AM
For that matter, how does the lemonade stand work? You're supposed to put it in the yard and wait for people to come by, like a real one, right? Why do I never have any visitors? Why can I stock it with anything and everything?
Scholar
#9202 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 6:20 PM
Is there a way to give all the male sims in a town varying levels of body hair without having to take them all into CAS individually. I do have the NRAAS suite of mods, I just don't know where to click.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Scholar
#9203 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 6:10 PM
How do you deal with school crowding?

Mad Poster
#9204 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 6:23 PM
Is it possible to mod floors and walls to be capable of being consumed by fire?
Mad Poster
#9205 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 7:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafishfish
How do you deal with school crowding?

I asked the same question a page back. The advice I was given can be found in the following posts:

https://modthesims.info/showthread....915#post5691915

https://modthesims.info/showthread....917#post5691917
Mad Poster
#9206 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 7:59 PM
Metaphorically speaking, what exactly are ghost babies? Miscarriages? Or just infant-sized globs of ectoplasm?
Mad Poster
#9207 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 8:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
Metaphorically speaking, what exactly are ghost babies? Miscarriages? Or just infant-sized globs of ectoplasm?

Well see, when two adult ghosts love each other very much (or have had too much to drink, perhaps -- do ghosts drink?), they might choose to give each other a special "hug." And then a short while later...you know, somehow I have the feeling that this isn't the explanation you were really looking for.
#9208 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 11:27 AM
Why do some sims suddenly lose their hairstyles? I found one sim who lost his glorious hair and the hair was suddenly nowhere to be found, and another one whose lost hair was right in the CAS menu unchanged.
Field Researcher
#9209 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 3:23 PM
But it is kind of accurate. They are babies had between two ghosts or any other sim and a ghost. It is an occult type passed on like vampire or werewolf, etc. Babies generally can't die in normal game play, toddlers either. There aren't miscarriages in 3 that I am aware of either.
Scholar
#9210 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 12:18 AM
I'm not sure if it's been asked before,

but does anybody know how to set up Nraas SP + Woohoer so that teen can have romantical relationship with young adults, not adults and elders?

I don't like when my older sims "stealing" the remaining teens in my game and I don't want to add more sims through non-resident options (cas, foreigners, tourism etc, I prefer them to populate with the residents ONLY), but at the same, I don't see how teens can continue their relationships with their partner when one of them grow to YA.
Mad Poster
#9211 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florentzina
I'm not sure if it's been asked before,

but does anybody know how to set up Nraas SP + Woohoer so that teen can have romantical relationship with young adults, not adults and elders?

I don't like when my older sims "stealing" the remaining teens in my game and I don't want to add more sims through non-resident options (cas, foreigners, tourism etc, I prefer them to populate with the residents ONLY), but at the same, I don't see how teens can continue their relationships with their partner when one of them grow to YA.

This game isn't about what "we" like and don't like. We exist as a mere convenience to amuse our sims and keep them happy. It's a common misconception that things are supposed to be the other way around, but anyone who has played this game long enough must realize that's just not true.

On a slightly more serious note : http://www.nraas.net/Woohooer-FAQ#H...Adult-relations

Woohooer does not differentiate between YAs and older, they are all too young, teens, or adults to the mod. If you want to be selective about who is supposed to be allowed to flirt with and romance whom by age group more granularly than that, then StoryProgression should be set up to allow (or disallow) Flirts and Romance between specific age-defined castes.
Scholar
#9212 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 1:10 AM
Igazor.

Well, everyone play the game differently and I'm one of those gamer that DECIDE what my sims do....and for me that's semi-realistic gameplay where relationships tends to rather balanced (a few weird romance here and there does not matter as I find that fun, but to the extent that you force your sims to have more kids, so majority of the older sims have something to date can be a bit overwhelming. I used to have a shortage of females where I had like 30 single males and 8 females. The females always end up dating the widowed middle aged while the teen boys wanted sugarmoms).

I also play heavy on realistic aging (determine what human age a sim would be buy counting the simdays as years), where it's kinda cringy seeing a 13 year old boy dating a 45+ year old on a DAILY basic, especially their STEP-parents. :P

I think I know which setting I forgot, I always tweak the woohoo/pregnancy ones but not the flirts (how would they woohoo if they cannot flirt first? ). I have SP flirts/pregnance disable with non-residents and elder females, because my previous saves, the elder females got knocked up constantly.
Mad Poster
#9213 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 1:32 AM Last edited by igazor : 20th Dec 2020 at 5:59 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florentzina
Well, everyone play the game differently and I'm one of those gamer that DECIDE what my sims do

You can try to play it that way if you want, but trust me you are bucking the trend. Honestly, it is we who do what our sims decide to get us to do. The thing with the worlds full of age-imbalanced couples is just another example of your sims messing with you, to see what your reactions will be. They are devious, clever little critters who always try to get their way and often succeed, at other times they are merely conducting complex behavioral experiments on us while making us think we are the ones in control.

I mean, another example. For those of us who have them in play, did we really pay to have things like mixology, show business careers, roller coasters, playpens, cute pet animals, bakeries in our games to make US happy? Or did our sims convince us to acquire these things to make THEM happy?
Scholar
#9214 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 5:43 AM
^^This is what I've missed. It certainly isn't game lag.

Lab Assistant
#9215 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 7:49 AM
I cannot for the life of me find an answer to this question... is there anything besides tents that you can’t put into WA treasure chests? I am scared to lose some things, mainly fish my sims have caught while during travel & seeds/produce they’ve collected abroad.
Instructor
#9216 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 2:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimyourLife
I cannot for the life of me find an answer to this question... is there anything besides tents that you can’t put into WA treasure chests? I am scared to lose some things, mainly fish my sims have caught while during travel & seeds/produce they’ve collected abroad.

All of the above are fine, and of course by sims logic you can keep fish in a chest for a year and it still won't spoil - go figure. If you're traveling you may want to take them out of the chest and separately put them in the family/personal inventory, cause iirc just plonking the whole chest full of stuff inside can cause issues during transition. Tents also won't disappear on anything btw - it's your lot thumbnails that will go missing.
Scholar
#9217 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 1:42 AM
What's with the mine entrance I see in buydebug? I think I saw two different ones. I never played the adventure in WA, so I figure they're related to that situation. But I've never seen discussion of mines the way I've seen discussion of tombs, for example. Is building a nice functional mine possible? What does it entail? Also, do you use the mine entrance in conjunction with the miner machines I see in buydebug? Do you salt the mine with mineral and gem spawners? So many questions. I'm thinking a mine would be perfect for Lucky Palms, if it works the way I've imagined it in my head.
Scholar
#9218 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 7:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy kemnitzer
What's with the mine entrance I see in buydebug? I think I saw two different ones. I never played the adventure in WA, so I figure they're related to that situation. But I've never seen discussion of mines the way I've seen discussion of tombs, for example. Is building a nice functional mine possible? What does it entail? Also, do you use the mine entrance in conjunction with the miner machines I see in buydebug? Do you salt the mine with mineral and gem spawners? So many questions. I'm thinking a mine would be perfect for Lucky Palms, if it works the way I've imagined it in my head.

This lot sounds really cool. The boarded up mine entrance is a world decor object from the base game (it's in the mountains in Sunset Valley). If you go into the map and look for the mine entrance there's a U shaped clearing in a valley that has the entrance at the back and you can usually find metals around there. I think its also placed in Riverview, but don't know off the top of my head. I don't think there's any metal crafting stations for TS3 the way that modders have made for TS2. But yeah you could totally use those debug items and rocks and build a mine to find metals and gems. That would be really cool! You could even put a few down and have some things spawn in some locations and not others.

Scholar
#9219 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 2:28 AM
So the mine entrance is just a decor item? It doesn't lead to a tomb-like thing? That's fine, I'll do what you've described probably.

I remember there's something you do with the metal and mineral finds. Do you mail it away and it gets sent back as bullion? Or just take it to the consignment store? The gems I remember can be either sent away to be cut or cut in the Gem-U-Cut machine. I don't know whether you can use those gems in the Artisan Kiln store item, or whether those gems are just hammerspace items unrelated to what you can find. But I did put a gem-u-cut and an artisan kiln into Las Palmas Fortunadas Arts Center anyway. The optics are good even if they don't enhance each other. Same reason I put the sculpture station next to the artisan kiln.
Scholar
#9220 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 6:34 AM
You send the metals off and they return them in bar form. You can sell them raw or as a bar at the consignment store with Consigner. I don't think I've ever used the artisan thing.

Mad Poster
#9221 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 9:20 PM
Anyone got some links saved up regarding choosing your gaming rig setup for TS3? Recommendations, requirements and all that from players. Please do leave them here so I can find it under one place when needed

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#9222 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 6:10 AM
what do the giant dew flowers from ITF do? besides look neat. I feel like I remember them doing something.
Scholar
#9223 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 3:38 PM
I think they make sims act funny.

Test Subject
#9224 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 9:46 PM
Is there a way to release caught fish, like you can release caught bugs? I don't see an option when clicking either fish or water. I just want an immersive way to get rid of catches without selling them or stocking a pond.
Page 369 of 376