Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#9351 Old 14th Apr 2022 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Looking at the downloads, I see a distinct lack of houseboats on MTS... is there any particular reason for this? It's what I'm having the most fun with as I'm starting out in the game, and at least at this point seems like a likely prospect for being the first type I'll want to create and upload content for other TS3 players...

With TS2 I noticed a similar lack of skyscrapers and had fun making them, so most of my early uploads were skyscrapers, and I was lucky enough that there did turn out to be a lot of interest in them, but I don't think I know enough yet to make that same kind of judgement for TS3, so what's the deal with houseboat uploads?

The main reasons for this are, imho, partly because Island Paradise is not one of the popular EPs, it has (rightfully or not) a bad reputation of "laggy", "makes the game lag", so many players didn't buy it. And partly because even if players have it, there's not many worlds (EA or custom) where you can use houseboats (and Ports). Either the sea shores are not suitable, or if you can build a Port, it doesn't mean necessarily you have enough room for undocking and docking. So playing with houseboats are very limited geographically if you don't want to play in Isla Paradiso but in other worlds.

Also, if you build them, you must pay attention to the routing. In my game, I have bad experiences with sims who live in the houseboat not finding the entrance to the lot. One day they can easily leave the houseboat for work and come home after that, but other days they signal routing failures and can't find the point where they can enter the boat lot. It's certainly an EA design issue. So even if I would love to play in houseboats more, I have a bit of bitter taste in my mouth when I think about them, it can be a struggle when it comes to everyday routing.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#9352 Old 14th Apr 2022 at 4:17 PM
I'm a bit mystified. I discovered an island on IP and now I own it. I built a little shack with everything a sim needs. I want my sim to be a landlord. How do I do this? I have pjsutton's Apartment and Roomate fix but I still don't understand how I make someone move in there and pay me rent.
I keep getting these messages that amount to 0 simoleons my non-existent renter pays me.

Can someone walk me through it? Most of NRAAS with add-on modules are in place. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#9353 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 4:14 PM
Is there any way to tell what breed an in-game animal (specifically, horse) is?
Alchemist
#9354 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 8:58 AM
Are there proper Pets spawners in Lunar Lakes?

what does his name even mean?
Scholar
#9355 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 5:39 PM
Does anyone know what this item is? It seems to be 'stuck' in my CAS. It has a male and female version, and I see it in Everyday, Sleepwear, and Athletic, apparently. I initially thought it was something that came with Roaring Heights because I think it started appearing after I installed that world.

But, on the one hand, I deleted majority of items from there (except for the Toddler outfit and the Classical Fixer-Upper Car). And, on the other hand, it doesn't have a store item image, but that of CC items. I have deleted all my CC clothes before, but this thing is, well, back. It's not causing any problems, from what I know, I just find it a bit baffling that it's there and not leaving.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#9356 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Does anyone know what this item is? It seems to be 'stuck' in my CAS. It has a male and female version, and I see it in Everyday, Sleepwear, and Athletic, apparently. I initially thought it was something that came with Roaring Heights because I think it started appearing after I installed that world.

But, on the one hand, I deleted majority of items from there (except for the Toddler outfit and the Classical Fixer-Upper Car). And, on the other hand, it doesn't have a store item image, but that of CC items. I have deleted all my CC clothes before, but this thing is, well, back. It's not causing any problems, from what I know, I just find it a bit baffling that it's there and not leaving.

Downlod CCMagic and delete it!

what does his name even mean?
Inventor
#9357 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 8:38 PM Last edited by marydehoyos : 25th Apr 2022 at 8:55 PM.

Do you have any CC Sims installed? It's probably CC attached to a Sim or do you have your CC merged and it's in a merged package?
The original is from the Stones Throw Greenhouse - Layered Coat - The Road Not Taken. The one from the store has a necklace
Scholar
#9358 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 11:56 AM
I was gonna say yes, I have saved sims, but no, I recently made a fresh load of the Sims 3 Folder. I do have a hairstyle packaged for all ages... I'll try the CC Magic thing. It seems to be some lilka clothes? Which I don't think appeared in my CAS... but the item is still there.
Inventor
#9359 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 1:18 PM
I was gonna say yes, I have saved sims, but no, I recently made a fresh load of the Sims 3 Folder. I do have a hairstyle packaged for all ages... I'll try the CC Magic thing. It seems to be some lilka clothes? Which I don't think appeared in my CAS... but the item is still there.

Ok but you have other CC clothes. Do you have those in as individual packages?
Scholar
#9360 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 1:38 PM
Yes, they all are.
Inventor
#9361 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 2:06 PM
Yes, they all are.

Ok so I would remove all CC clothes out, clear your caches, load your game.
If the Jacket still shows up that means it's attached to something else loaded in your game. If you merged hairs could be the off chance you accidently merged the jacket as well. If when you have removed all clothes and the jacket goes away then you know it's mixed in with your clothes CC. If you only have a few things the tedious method of checking the clothes packages looking for two casps might be it.
Scholar
#9362 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 6:56 PM
Well, I have narrowed it down and can say it seems to be attached to something in my maternity clothes CC.

I have found it. The issue seems to have been a package that made the EA Store Distant Horizon dress maternity enabled. According to the name, it came from 'gowiththeflowxx' or so. Admittedly, I have not played the game in years, so I barely recall getting this package.
Inventor
#9363 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 8:06 PM
Well, I have narrowed it down and can say it seems to be attached to something in my maternity clothes CC.

I have found it. The issue seems to have been a package that made the EA Store Distant Horizon dress maternity enabled. According to the name, it came from 'gowiththeflowxx' or so. Admittedly, I have not played the game in years, so I barely recall getting this package.

Well at least now you can fix the issue!
Scholar
#9364 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 11:51 PM
I got rid of it, it removed the item out of CAS... and now it's back.

Right-clicked on it with testingcheats enabled, this is what popped up. Doesn't tell me much, unfortunately. At least, nothing that lets me identify to what it has attached itself again. Unless this is something that can attach itself to WORLDS?
Screenshots
Inventor
#9365 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 1:32 AM Last edited by marydehoyos : 27th Apr 2022 at 1:44 AM.
I got rid of it, it removed the item out of CAS... and now it's back.

Right-clicked on it with testingcheats enabled, this is what popped up. Doesn't tell me much, unfortunately. At least, nothing that lets me identify to what it has attached itself again. Unless this is something that can attach itself to WORLDS?

I would run anything you have CC through the multi extractor and see if that instance number package shows up.

So process
Move every thing CC related into a folder on your desktop
1. Run Custard and see if it picks up that instance number https://modthesims.info/d/390235/cu...ck-cleaner.html
and/or
2. Run your CC worlds and any other CC through the multi extractor https://modthesims.info/d/364038/de...-sept-2009.html

Keep the instance number for it handy and look for it using either one of those processes should help you find the file.
I noticed it's enabled for Racing and Jumping (horse categories I do believe) this might be why it's attached itself to something. Usually the case with broken CC is it's categorized wrong. If you have downloaded anything from the exchange you should always run it through both Custard and the Extractor. You wouldn't believe the amount of CC attached to things they shouldn't be that comes from downloads from there.
Scholar
#9366 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 5:35 PM
Two different questions, though.
It is okay to combine Package CC, as long as it isn't a counter or a pattern, correct? What about tuning objects?

And a bit of a glitch (?) that I noticed. After aging up a Sim, regardless of if I use the Stylist or the Edit In CAS option to change their clothes, it sometimes happens that I change (or just leave it alone) their Outerwear. But then it results in two Outerwear clothes, with Outerwear 1 being the game-generated one and Outerwear 2 whatever I set. This usually includes whatever game-picked hair.
Is this a known glitch? I personally noticed it happening with Ambitions installed.
Inventor
#9367 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 6:07 PM
Two different questions, though.
It is okay to combine Package CC, as long as it isn't a counter or a pattern, correct? What about tuning objects?

And a bit of a glitch (?) that I noticed. After aging up a Sim, regardless of if I use the Stylist or the Edit In CAS option to change their clothes, it sometimes happens that I change (or just leave it alone) their Outerwear. But then it results in two Outerwear clothes, with Outerwear 1 being the game-generated one and Outerwear 2 whatever I set. This usually includes whatever game-picked hair.
Is this a known glitch? I personally noticed it happening with Ambitions installed.

It's ok to merge CC - My personal merging style
I merge everything categorized by type - I merge counters with the understanding I will probably have to recolor after I set them down. Not a big deal because I recolor to match the style of kitchen.
Patterns I merge after I check the package to make sure they will not have the materializing issue. If they will have that issue I found some great tutorials on how to fix those. If not I would have over a hundred individual patterns loaded.
You can find a lot of tutorials on how to merge CC but I will tell you I test the individual CC in a testing folder I created in my mods to see if it's going to have issues first. I also keep folders on my external of the individual merged content with a copy of the merged package so if I have an issue or want to unmerge I don't have a ton of work to do. I run those all through the conflict checker before merging. I then run the conflict checker on my whole mods folder after placing the merged package in. This comes from years of not being thorough with my mods and having stupid things go wrong.

I have not had the outerwear issue but if you go in using the dresser you can delete the second preset.
Scholar
#9368 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 6:48 PM
Small issue is, the second outerwear set is usually the one I want to use and not the first, game-generated one. Unfortunately, I cannot delete the 1st set to turn the 2nd set into the first. Gotta redo the first set into the second one, if I want it.
Inventor
#9369 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 6:53 PM
Small issue is, the second outerwear set is usually the one I want to use and not the first, game-generated one. Unfortunately, I cannot delete the 1st set to turn the 2nd set into the first. Gotta redo the first set into the second one, if I want it.

I don't know. I have never had this issue other than with the graduation robes which drive me nuts but I'm making my own mod for that issue. So I'm really not understanding the steps you are having to get this issue to occur.
Sim is aging up
After aging up are you taking them into CAS and changing outfits then? Using MC? or are you aging them up and taking them into CAS using the dresser?

We probably should move this into the Help Section forum. If you want to start a thread there.
Instructor
#9370 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 8:07 AM
IIRC If you put them in the 2nd outfit in stylist and exit wih them wearing it, it changes that one to Outfit 1 and you can them delete the ea one.
Inventor
#9371 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
IIRC If you put them in the 2nd outfit in stylist and exit wih them wearing it, it changes that one to Outfit 1 and you can them delete the ea one.

Right I believe you can use Master Controller to remove the extra one without even going into CAS. This thread Igazor has the steps for removing an outfit this way somewhere in the middle of the thread. https://modthesims.info/t/618902 and this one talks about how to get the sim into the correct outfit before deleting the unwanted one. https://www.nraas.net/community/mod...ssion/topic6723
Mad Poster
#9372 Old 9th May 2022 at 6:59 AM
Does anyone know what the Hoi Polloi Event Center in Starlight Shores is based on?

Most of the Starlight Shores rabbitholes have a clear real-life Los Angeles inspiration, but I can't seem to put my finger on this one.
Top Secret Researcher
#9373 Old 14th May 2022 at 10:04 PM
Has anyone combined a resort with a nectary? I am imagining putting a nectary store and paraphernalia in a resort B&B. Kind of like vacationing in a winery.
Lab Assistant
#9374 Old 15th May 2022 at 3:40 PM
Will sims 3 work with windows 10?
Scholar
#9375 Old 15th May 2022 at 4:03 PM
Where are people getting CC these days that isn't TSR? I can't stand that site.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Page 375 of 385