Replies: 412 (Who?), Viewed: 14776 times.
Page 7 of 17
Mad Poster
#151 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 9:45 PM
How is what I said funny?

"...the window will arrive to the kit in an upcoming patch."

It's written 2 posts above mine.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 3:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54

Welcome to ModtheSims forums.
And I don't say that to be funny or sarcastic.
As you clearly know, that is the way it is here - whether fortunately or unfortunately.

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. - Bob Dylan
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#153 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 3:54 PM
Clicking the funny button is the same form of trolling as those that get off doing alligator rolls on the disagree button. People need to stop feeding the trolls. The trolls have caused enough problems around here; especially lately.
Forum Resident
#154 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 5:06 PM
Yeah, it's the same with "Disagree" being "your opinion is wrong."

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#155 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 7:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Clicking the funny button is the same form of trolling as those that get off doing alligator rolls on the disagree button. People need to stop feeding the trolls. The trolls have caused enough problems around here; especially lately.

I object to being called a troll!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#156 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
I object to being called a troll!

Are you one of the people that is going around clicking the funny button on every post? If so, I'd be curious to know why that is.
Mad Poster
#157 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54

I guess its cuz some people have weird sense of humor I guess and probz clicked it for that reason, not "Haha, that's where you're wrong". I think

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Smeg Head
#158 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 9:01 AM
Whenever I spot the Funny tab has been selected on a post that wasn't intentionally funny, I can sometimes interpret the button pusher was going for the "typical irony" relating to TS4 and/or Maxis - which has a sense of humor to it. In this instance, Maxis typically do a boo boo and have to resort to typically patching in something that should already be there or it needs fixing after release as if not previously tested. All too Typical and Ironic of Maxis, and funny, in an "I'm so frikken sick of this" way. You have to laugh, (Hit Funny Tab) or you'll scream. If only there was a Scream tab button to hit instead, to get to the heart of the true, recurrent and typically ironic frustration.

Similar to when a noob makes a new post asking a silly or redundant question. Nobody answers for a week, but the Funny and Disagree tabs have been hit multiple times till someone steps up and helps guide the noob in the right direction, or the post is deleted by a moderator if warrented.

The Disagree Tab hit on ten new posts in a row? Well we've all heard the fable of the Disagree Fairy, right? Don't drink and drive, don't drink and dial, and don't drink and visit MTS. Every time a bell rings, an angel gets their wings, and every time someone visits MTS, a fairy gets their wings. Some can be very ungrateful and disagreeable - and maybe drunk - it seems.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#159 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspear1
Whenever I spot the Funny tab has been selected on a post that wasn't intentionally funny, I can sometimes interpret the button pusher was going for the "typical irony" relating to TS4 and/or Maxis - which has a sense of humor to it. In this instance, Maxis typically do a boo boo and have to resort to typically patching in something that should already be there or it needs fixing after release as if not previously tested. All too Typical and Ironic of Maxis, and funny, in an "I'm so frikken sick of this" way. You have to laugh, (Hit Funny Tab) or you'll scream. If only there was a Scream tab button to hit instead, to get to the heart of the true, recurrent and typically ironic frustration.

Similar to when a noob makes a new post asking a silly or redundant question. Nobody answers for a week, but the Funny and Disagree tabs have been hit multiple times till someone steps up and helps guide the noob in the right direction, or the post is deleted by a moderator if warrented.

The Disagree Tab hit on ten new posts in a row? Well we've all heard the fable of the Disagree Fairy, right? Don't drink and drive, don't drink and dial, and don't drink and visit MTS. Every time a bell rings, an angel gets their wings, and every time someone visits MTS, a fairy gets their wings. Some can be very ungrateful and disagreeable - and maybe drunk - it seems.

I didn't think of the funny button being used that way, but I can see where you're coming from. That being said, there always seems to be a uptick of that button being used after certain events. I'm not going into specifics, those that pay attention know what I'm talking about. Along those lines, people that talk about the buttons are usually targets to more of a button being used. No names mentioned as I don't know who is doing it, but it happens without fail. If somebody questions why the disagree button is being used, they're always hit with more disagrees. Matrix mentioned the funny button and was hit with more of the funny button being used. The buttons are being used in these cases to get under a person's skin; it's trolling. The button in question is being clicked just to be annoying. If people don't like that I don't sugar coat trolling, they're free to click the disagree button.

I've had disagree fairies follow me around just to click the disagree button even if when I'm posting something that wouldn't go against the grain. As a social experiment, I'd like to see the buttons go away for awhile just to see what would happen. I know that won't happen, but I'd like to see it. I don't place value in buttons, disagree fairies don't ruin my day and if people really think false advertising is amusing, that sez more about them than it does me.

I tell people all the time to ignore the buttons. They don't mean anything, they're just buttons. There was a massive meltdown on Twitter about month ago over whether the down vote button was going to be brought back again or not. I guess I'm living life wrong as I failed to see what the big meltdown was about. I'm also not on any kind of social media, so that may be playing a big part as to why I don't give any flying figs when it comes to the ol' mighty buttons.
Top Secret Researcher
#160 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 12:26 PM
Quote:

Yes everybody who disagrees with you is a troll, they couldn't possibly have any other reason for it, that wouldn't just be impossible, it would be downright unpossible!

Sorry for the sarcasm, but yeah dismissing everybody who disagrees with somebody as a "troll" is a bit...."eh"

Really people worry way to much about those buttons under posts.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#161 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 12:32 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 31st Aug 2021 at 12:49 PM.
I explained what I meant and why I said it. Nuff said.

EDIT:

EA doesn't post their budget numbers for any of the games in their portfolio, just as they don't break down their profits per game publicly. People however keep insisting that DLC for better or worse is based on budget. It would be great if people posted a link to these budgets that they keep talking about.

CRITIC'S TAKE: TOO MUCH DLC- SIMS 4 NEWS & COMMENTARY 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2cTztGgtJw
#162 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 12:38 PM
Quote:
Are you one of the people that is going around clicking the funny button on every post? If so, I'd be curious to know why that is.

Not until people started going on about it and gave me the idea! I'll try anything once, and the more people go on about something the more attractive it seems :shrug:

Also it helps people get their Funny achievement badge. Don't you care about getting MTS achievements? Lots of people do.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
#163 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 12:39 PM
Quote:
I explained what I meant and why I said it. Nuff said.

Just saying it seems very dismissive to me, while I definitely think there are some people who troll, not everybody will.

"Nuff said"

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#164 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 1:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
Not until people started going on about it and gave me the idea! I'll try anything once, and the more people go on about something the more attractive it seems :shrug:

Also it helps people get their Funny achievement badge. Don't you care about getting MTS achievements? Lots of people do.

Fair enough.

I don't pay attention to MTS achievements...
Field Researcher
#165 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 1:05 PM
Something can be fun in many contexts. I use it with good intentions because humor seems like something positive to me. But obviously also ironically, especially with regard to EA / Sims4.

It's a bit like: "I laugh for not crying (getting angry)"

By the way, humor is the best weapon against totalitarianism.

Obviously some of the defenders of S4 and EA have caught it and use the same weapons, but it feels forced.
Smeg Head
#166 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 1:06 PM
Open a window, lean out then scream "I'm as mad as Hell, and I'm not going to take it any more!!!" (Remember that movie?)

Or, conversely, while visiting an internet forum, just hit one of the convenient tabs appropriate to your feelings on the matter. Modern life, eh? Screw windows. Can't open mine anyway. Last time I painted them, their now all stuck shut - dipshit. The internet will have to do for my regular venting. The irony being, I still do that through windows - of the Microsoft variety.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#167 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 1:59 PM
Quote:
Open a window, lean out then scream "I'm as mad as Hell, and I'm not going to take it any more!!!" (Remember that movie?)

Or, conversely, while visiting an internet forum, just hit one of the convenient tabs appropriate to your feelings on the matter. Modern life, eh? Screw windows. Can't open mine anyway. Last time I painted them, their now all stuck shut - dipshit. The internet will have to do for my regular venting. The irony being, I still do that through windows - of the Microsoft variety.

I think you're on to something with your drunk theory in more ways than one. LOL
Smeg Head
#168 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 3:13 PM
Quote:
I think you're on to something with your drunk theory in more ways than one. LOL

What are you - hic - insinuating? That I've had a - hic - drink? I sherious... I sherious... I seriously resent the implication - hic.

To be honest, I actually have had a wee tipple today. Looking forward to the Anno 1800 dlc coming later today. Just had a few swigs of merry juice as I look over my current Anno game save, making sure it's ready for the new high rise skyscrapers of said dlc. Though only a few swigs, as I don't want to be a totally wrecked by the time the dlc is released (6pm GMT). It's the new buildings I want to be high in my vast empire, not me!

Test Subject
#169 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 5:20 PM
I like it when somebody throws humor at EA greediness (humor can be one of the most influential weapons in spreading awareness about something).
Alchemist
#170 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 1:20 AM
I actually am not a fan of the buttons, but they are here. I sometimes do think we need a WTH one? The disagree fairy definitely is back in some places. Guess person does not know it is meaningless when put on darn near every post? Guess some folks have nothing better to do?
#171 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
Guess some folks have nothing better to do?

I know I should get a hobby

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#172 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 1:57 PM
Quote:
What are you - hic - insinuating? That I've had a - hic - drink? I sherious... I sherious... I seriously resent the implication - hic.

To be honest, I actually have had a wee tipple today. Looking forward to the Anno 1800 dlc coming later today. Just had a few swigs of merry juice as I look over my current Anno game save, making sure it's ready for the new high rise skyscrapers of said dlc. Though only a few swigs, as I don't want to be a totally wrecked by the time the dlc is released (6pm GMT). It's the new buildings I want to be high in my vast empire, not me!

I think the whole button discussion was educational, cleared up a lot of things up, I have a much better understanding of things, that's all I'm saying. I didn't place any value on the buttons before, I place even less value on them now. If people were earning badges for reading 100 books a year, that would be cool and I'd ask what they're reading just as a example because every book I've picked up lately sucks. Just clicking buttons on random things to earn a badge from where I'm sitting doesn't hold any value, but that's just me.

I have no idea what Anno 1800 is about, but have fun with it.
Alchemist
#173 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 4:19 PM
Badges? I did not even know that site has them and, UM, I just looked and I have been here almost 16 years! Even if had known, things like that do not interest me.
#174 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 6:59 PM
Isn't that kind of rude to the admins who spend time thinking of ways to draw us in and reward us, and designing the graphics? I mean you may not be interested but must you say it so bluntly and dismissively?

Field Researcher
#175 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 9:45 PM
@Inge Jones Totally. Anyway, I don't understand where the drama is. From what I've seen, you are both big naysayers of EA / Sims4 and want more or less the same improvements. We all have things in common.
Page 7 of 17