Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Is Claeric
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 8:00 PM
Default Saved Camera Positions?!?!
I am browsing through my game stuff and there's a card in the base game box that has key shortscut buttons on it. One of them is

Save Camera Position 1-5: Control + 5 through 9
Restore Camera Position 1-5: 5 through 9
Snap to camera position 1-5: Shift + 5 through 9

I didnt know you could do this!!! You get the camera how you want it and where you want it and press control and one of the numbers, then if you press one of the numbers again, the camera goes right back there!!! So you can use 5 for your living room, 6 for the baby room, 7 for the kitchen, or something. It is so cool!!

Sorry if this is something known by everybody.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 8:15 PM
The function is also very useful for Machinima panning effects when used with adjusted LerpDuration settings.
#3 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarity
I am browsing through my game stuff and there's a card in the base game box that has key shortscut buttons on it. One of them is

I didnt know you could do this!!! You get the camera how you want it and where you want it and press control and one of the numbers, then if you press one of the numbers again, the camera goes right back there!!! So you can use 5 for your living room, 6 for the baby room, 7 for the kitchen, or something. It is so cool!!

That card is very useful. It's like the Kama Sutra except for camera positions.
Inventor
#4 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 6:04 AM
Thank you I finally got my camera to work right too, I will try this trick

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alley_Gaytor
That card is very useful. It's like the Kama Sutra except for camera positions.

... Camera Sutra?

BTW, you can also rotate camera angles and stuff too - maybe not quite as useful, but can be kinda useful if you've got a sim that's doing a nice pose, but with their head tilted in a way you don't like. Scroll down on this post here to "camera tips" for the list of how to do 'em (and the other camera commands):

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...974#post3435974
#6 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
... Camera Sutra?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...974#post3435974

Exactly!
Theorist
#7 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 12:04 PM
Thanks, this is good, but shift+8 never works for me.
Anyone else?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarity

I can't restore my positions...