Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 12:53 AM
neighbourhoods
Hi,

On the Sims 3, you can explore the whole neighbourhood, right? Well, is there any camera mod avalible for TS1 that can do this

(Made up image)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 10:01 AM Last edited by fairywitch : 12th Aug 2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: removed quote
In all the years that I played Sims 1, I have never come across a camera mod on any "hack" site and my downloads folder was bulging. And what's kind of funny is that I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday! How neat would a camera mod be! I don't think anyone ever considered it back then, or, it just wasn't possible.
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 2:07 AM
That would be awesome! Did you know someone made a Sims 1 Aging Mod? I've been trying to find it. And Cha-Cha Answer Service didn't help at all -_-.

But it can't be that hard to make a camermod like that! But I doubt that Maxis actually has all the houses "rendered" -_-.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 5:20 PM
Naturally, I doubt it would be called a camera-mod, as it wouldn't be accurate as Sims 1 uses polygon based images, 4 for each view, and the neighbourhood itself only has one view.
To be able to incorporate neighbourhood view's ability to see all the lots while you're playing a single lot would mean it would potentially have to load in a lot more detail every single house and family, it would slow the game down tremendously and the polygon images, again, would suffer, as there is one image for every stage of the zooming process, to be able to see it in a neighbourhood view would require additional images for further zooming out points for the further the camera gets. Unless of course you don't mind being quite zoomed in when you navigate around your neihbourhood.
Put bluntly, the game wasn't designed for such a thing, and this therefore wouldn't be doable.
Hope I helped