Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#226 Old 5th May 2011 at 6:15 PM
i remember a mod for sims1 that had a chicken, you could pick up the eggs and either sell them, or cook them, if you left them long enough, they'd either hatch, or die, you had to feed them... i loved that damn chicken. i also remember the garden bunnies, they were great.

if they could figure it out for sims1, i sure hope they can figure it out for sims3. pets in sims2 were ok, but it was a pain to need to type in a cheat to control them. i LOVED what sims2 pets did for my toddlers though. the sleeping in pet beds saved my sanity. when the toddlers would sneak up and eat pet food i'd almost lose it again, but sleeping in their beds always brought it back. what does EA have against kids sleeping on the floor or on blankies, or in the toybox BY CHOICE? not just because they were exhausted and passed out there?

wait, all that last part is for another thread isnt it?

ummm... i'd also like ti see the reptiles and amphibians repped a lil better. sure we have fishbowls and we can catch frogs ang crocodilles if we want to buydebug cheat, or go to egypt or france, but what about turtles? and ya cant play with anything in a fishbowl. i play with frogs when i have them... i never said they like it... i just said i do it. my turtle, he likes it.

i just guess it would be great if they could have more variety PERIOD. even if we cant "ride" horses, if we could use them as small cart horses... seeing eye horses, companion horses. pack mules maybe.

i just know sure there were lots of "breeds" of "dog" and "cat" but beyond that, it was "wormrat" "bird" or "fish" i dont recall anything else cept the cowplant, and that doesnt count as a "pet" so much. it didnt even come with pets
Advertisement
Instructor
#227 Old 5th May 2011 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by somethingelse
i remember a mod for sims1 that had a chicken, you could pick up the eggs and either sell them, or cook them, if you left them long enough, they'd either hatch, or die, you had to feed them... i loved that damn chicken. i also remember the garden bunnies, they were great.

if they could figure it out for sims1, i sure hope they can figure it out for sims3. pets in sims2 were ok, but it was a pain to need to type in a cheat to control them. i LOVED what sims2 pets did for my toddlers though. the sleeping in pet beds saved my sanity. when the toddlers would sneak up and eat pet food i'd almost lose it again, but sleeping in their beds always brought it back. what does EA have against kids sleeping on the floor or on blankies, or in the toybox BY CHOICE? not just because they were exhausted and passed out there?

wait, all that last part is for another thread isnt it?

ummm... i'd also like ti see the reptiles and amphibians repped a lil better. sure we have fishbowls and we can catch frogs ang crocodilles if we want to buydebug cheat, or go to egypt or france, but what about turtles? and ya cant play with anything in a fishbowl. i play with frogs when i have them... i never said they like it... i just said i do it. my turtle, he likes it.

i just guess it would be great if they could have more variety PERIOD. even if we cant "ride" horses, if we could use them as small cart horses... seeing eye horses, companion horses. pack mules maybe.

i just know sure there were lots of "breeds" of "dog" and "cat" but beyond that, it was "wormrat" "bird" or "fish" i dont recall anything else cept the cowplant, and that doesnt count as a "pet" so much. it didnt even come with pets

No, the cow plant came with University. But it was a great way to get rid of your enemies and lengthen your life while you were at it! As a pet keeper, I know it's necessary to "train" your pets. But Sims 2 took it to an almost annoying level. Dogs always seemed to chew furniture and pee after your sim fell into bed with exhaustion. Or while they were at work. The pet job thing was, well, for lack of a better term, lame. Although it was a great way for your pet to provide income for their upkeep. In Sims 1, I vaguely remember, you could take your pets to shows. I think that would be a great thing to bring back. I realize that for computers' abilities, this likely would have to be a rabbit hole. The horses, deer, and raccoons were great. Maybe bring the skunk back and Claire the Bear. I agree with a previous poster that the dogs should actually react to burglers. Additional animals? While farm animals would be neat, I don't think they'll actually see the light of day, sorry ya'll.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Test Subject
#228 Old 5th May 2011 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelicScot
Additional animals? While farm animals would be neat, I don't think they'll actually see the light of day, sorry ya'll.

then what's the point for buying the EP, just for some cats, dogs and random animals(*whatever) running around? ummm... no thanks... If there will be pets, I want more action than in Sims 2 Pets...
Mad Poster
#229 Old 5th May 2011 at 8:32 PM
Farm animals aren't really pets...
Test Subject
#230 Old 5th May 2011 at 8:42 PM
yeah, your'e right not all the animals are pets... neither the deers and horses, and...what animals were in that supposed trailer?
I'm going to correct myself if there will be an EP with animals, i wish that there will be more action...
Field Researcher
#231 Old 5th May 2011 at 8:42 PM
I want rats. :3

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Instructor
#232 Old 5th May 2011 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nadinne89
yeah, your'e right not all the animals are pets... neither the deers and horses, and...what animals were in that supposed trailer?
I'm going to correct myself if there will be an EP with animals, i wish that there will be more action...

I think the deer and raccoons are intended to be "pest" animals. Horses ARE pets. At least, mine always have been. I've also known people here in the midwest who have deer for pets. I have kept rats from time to time. They're fun to keep. I think there will probably not be too much "action" because it would tax most people's computers resources. If we do get the animals shown in the trailer, and they (the Sims Team) reintroduce showing, it will be in a rabbit hole to keep the resource use to a minimum. That way more people with middle or lower end computers can buy and run the game comfortably.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#233 Old 6th May 2011 at 4:12 PM
Everyone is fussing over farm animals. Yes, farm animals would be interesting to have, but do they really have a place in such a suburban-centric game? If they are introduced, they would need to have their own EP, not be lumped in with Unleashed.

That said, a few 'farm animals' could fit in a pets EP. Pygmy llamas, for instance.
Test Subject
#234 Old 6th May 2011 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tasselcat
Everyone is fussing over farm animals. Yes, farm animals would be interesting to have, but do they really have a place in such a suburban-centric game? If they are introduced, they would need to have their own EP, not be lumped in with Unleashed.

That said, a few 'farm animals' could fit in a pets EP. Pygmy llamas, for instance.

I agree that farm animals don't really have much of a place within a city but I do like the zoo idea.

Maybe something like Barnacle Bay but a farming community for the cows, chickens, horses and whatnot?
Test Subject
#235 Old 6th May 2011 at 4:52 PM
I'd like a parrot or an Iguana
Test Subject
#236 Old 6th May 2011 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelicScot
I think the deer and raccoons are intended to be "pest" animals. Horses ARE pets. At least, mine always have been. I've also known people here in the midwest who have deer for pets. I have kept rats from time to time. They're fun to keep. I think there will probably not be too much "action" because it would tax most people's computers resources. If we do get the animals shown in the trailer, and they (the Sims Team) reintroduce showing, it will be in a rabbit hole to keep the resource use to a minimum. That way more people with middle or lower end computers can buy and run the game comfortably.

um... sorry, I live in a big city, and in my country(I'm from Europe) , a few animals are considered pets(mostly cats, dogs, parrots and hamsters ) I didn't thought at the moment that other animals can be considered pets...stupid me
I thought for the farm animals, and just some more interactions, just because 4-5 animals for an EP is not enough for me to buy it...
I really hope that if the Sims 3 Unleashed is the next EP after Generations, that trailer is "under construction" , what is shown is just the basics, and we will have a great surprise just like with the Generations...
Scholar
#237 Old 6th May 2011 at 9:43 PM
I really hope that rabbits are not forgotten about, they are really popular pets but are often overlooked.
Test Subject
#238 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 9:19 AM
I Would Like Dogs-Cats-Birds-Horses
Instructor
#239 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 2:47 AM
This thread hadn't had a reply for about two months. Please do not dig up old threads.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Page 10 of 10