Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 8:45 PM
Default Dating
So I am playing the sims 3 base game and my sim has meet a man that she is attracted to. They are best friends and she can do a variety of flirty and romantic interactions with him he reciprocates.He does have a partner,but not a wife.

What would prevent them from having a date or does the sims 3 base game simply not have a dating interaction. I can't reference the book that came with the game because I'm borrowing from my sister and she's lost the case.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 9:10 PM
You can't really date, however you can invite someone to meet you at a location downtown in a couple of ways.

1. Go to a downtown venue (eg. a park) and then use the mobile phone to invite over the person who you want to see.

2. When you are with the sim you can select the restaurant and select "eat here with" or "get drinks here with". Both of the sims will then go to the location together.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 9:13 PM
No dating , booo!!

Does dating come with one of the other expansion packs?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 10:23 PM
If he's taken, they won't be able to "go steady". He'll have to break up with his girlfriend first.

There isn't a go on a date option, as far as I know, but I think there's a "go out on the town with..." wish.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heartbreak
If he's taken, they won't be able to "go steady". He'll have to break up with his girlfriend first.

Thanks for that info, this could get interesting.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
No dating , booo!!

As of yet no EP has added in dating.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heartbreak

If that's true, how do you achieve the 10 girlfriends at the same time LTW?

Just call me Nickey.

The Godfrey Legacy
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/lolipopsims
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NickeyElysse

You ask them to be your girlfriend/boyfriend, then break up and ask somebody else to be the girlfriend/boyfriend. You just can't have multiple spouses at the same time.

Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
No dating , booo!!

LN added outing groups, which makes it easier to be on a date with somebody, but there is no official "date" situation, even thou I know I've seen dates mentioned in the code, so maybe it's something that will come later on.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 7:23 AM
My sim keeps getting the want to go on a date with a celebrity. I tried having her go on a group outing with just her and Matthew Hamming. It was a great success, he became her romantic interest, but it did not fulfill her want.
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 1:37 AM
Recently, I've been getting this weird message that says something along the lines of "You have too many people in your group for it to be romantic. Do you want to dial down your group?" I can't remember exactly what it says, but usually it happens after I invite someone over. I had never even tried to form a group. And it doesn't seem to make a differnce whether I say yes or no. It started happening after I installed the latest patch (I only have the base game).
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NickeyElysse

The LTW is to be the boyfriend/girlfriend of ten different sims, it just means in total not all at the same time.
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiemytiepleese
Recently, I've been getting this weird message that says something along the lines of "You have too many people in your group for it to be romantic. Do you want to dial down your group?" I can't remember exactly what it says, but usually it happens after I invite someone over. I had never even tried to form a group. And it doesn't seem to make a differnce whether I say yes or no. It started happening after I installed the latest patch (I only have the base game).

I was also puzzled when I received the is message after patching as, as far as I was aware, I hadn't asked anyone to be part of a group. I wondered if it was a glitch of some kind.

I also noticed, after the patch, that if my sim's love interest was invited over and they both had a swirling tiny blue plumbbob circling above their heads, then after he left I had a report on how the 'outing' or 'date' had gone.

He had a great time if they only chatted, shared a meal or watched tv - when they finally got it together for woohoo he had an awful time ... that is not how it would go in TS2.

So, I don't think that the outing function works like a date - at least not in just a patched game without Late Night.

I so hope that I am wrong.

I've recently installed Late Night and have not received any messages about needing to 'dial it down' and I have yet to go on an outing or invite someone over; I think I need to experiment.
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 4:06 AM
Hahaha, I forgot that twice I invited Sims over who were about to pass away... I didn't think about the swirly blue plumbobs above their heads at the time since I didn't know about the new group feature. Needless to say, when the Sims died, the "group outing" was over and the ghost informed me that they'd had a horrible time...
#14 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 9:36 AM
Op sims can now go on groups even if you don't have LN there was a recent patch that added the group feature to the base game. Have your sim ask the other on a group. You can do more with this you can buy the other sim food,have picnics together,see a show,game,concert together and even swim in the pool together. A group of 2 can be considered a date especially if you choose the see show with group feature.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#15 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 11:33 AM
One of the romantic interactions is "ask x to break up with y". If you are getting on well enough with the object of your affections, he will agree to split up with his partner. Then you can become his partner.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#16 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 8:40 PM
Be aware that the sim that the romantic interest breaks up with, will be your enemy. Beware meeting them in town, can be a slapfest/fight. (love, love, love it!)

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 9:09 PM
LOL Well, you can't have the best of both worlds, right?
Inventor
#18 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 10:17 PM
I once had my sim go skinny dipping, and once had him 'convince another sim to go skinny dipping', and each time when the group member left the party, a text sidebar came up saying something about "someone in this group has issues."
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Be aware that the sim that the romantic interest breaks up with, will be your enemy. Beware meeting them in town, can be a slapfest/fight. (love, love, love it!)

There wouldn't be any fun in it, if the other sim wasn't angry. But anyway the other couple was married and while I had no problem splitting up a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship I didn't want to split up a marriage so I found her a cuter single guy.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gheez
He had a great time if they only chatted, shared a meal or watched tv - when they finally got it together for woohoo he had an awful time ... that is not how it would go in TS2.

But that is how it works in real life, not everyone is good at woohoo!

They should add that skill to the game. And sims could get a good or bad woohoo moodlet!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
But that is how it works in real life, not everyone is good at woohoo!

They should add that skill to the game. And sims could get a good or bad woohoo moodlet!

They should, and then if the guy is bad in WooHoo he should get a want to buy a fancy car.