Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 3:25 AM
Default School has no one to study
Hi,

My world has two school rabbitholes, but with sim-map tags on I can see that every single kid&teen in town is only at one school, the other one is entirely empty. I'm not sure how to get some sims to go to the other one too. I purposely made sure this new world (my family just moved) had a second school because of door jams making my family late everyday un the old world, but what good does the second school do if nobody's going to it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Oct 2021 at 4:14 AM Last edited by igazor : 26th Oct 2021 at 1:19 PM.
Sims can only go to the school they are registered for and they won't re-register unless there is a very good reason for them to do so (like their original school blew up overnight and no longer exists). Under EA standard, sims are supposed to register at the school that is closest, straight line distance I think and not travel distance, to their home lots but that only happens when it does for sims who are new in town or have just become old enough to attend for the first time.

One way to force a re-registration is to copy the existing school lot down to the bin, bulldoze it, and replace it with a copy. Note though that no matter how you do this the scholastic performance of all sims going there will reset to 0 (C average) and they will need to begin doing better or failing again. A mod, NRaas MasterController in particular, can be used to fix their performance scores, if you record or can remember what any of them were. MC can also be used to force a registration of one sim at a time to one school or the other, but again with the resulting loss of performance scores.

Sometimes, not always, the game requires that both schools be bulldozed and replaced a couple of times before it gets the idea that there is more than one school to choose from. A different NRaas mod, StoryProgression if that is in play, can be used separate the different schools by age (children to elementary, teens to high school), gender, net worth, or any other attribute that SP can understand but even then re-registration still has to happen. There may be other mods out there that can also accomplish this.

Homeless NPC children and teens will sometimes be seen attending a random school, but that's really just for show and these sims do not require registration.