Replies: 28899 (Who?), Viewed: 808137 times.
Page 1156 of 1156
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#28876 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 12:13 AM
@CASnarl AH's lotfullofsims and Kestrellyn's lotfullofpets should help:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/92519/
http://faiuwle.pbworks.com/w/page/7...vision=76253070

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Top Secret Researcher
#28877 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 1:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASnarl
I have an embarrassingly noobish question considering I've only been playing since 2004 but how does one have a house with more than 8 sims in it?

Whenever I wanted to do so for story purposes I'd just make them selectable but doing it that way they're always gone when you reload the lot. I want to do it in a way that they actually all permanently live in the house.

I've got the cheat in my startup for maxtotalsims but I'm not sure how to actually move more than 8 on to the lot. Do I need to use like simblender or something to add them to the family? And if I do that will they stay?



I use this mod https://modthesims.info/d/250640/la...-04oct2008.html

My Simblr
They/He
Lab Assistant
#28878 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 3:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefalldreams
Speaking of both, I think I know why people don't like reading long discussions of corruption or the workings of mods. They tend to be pretty clear here, but on other sites they can get long, complicated, needlessly discoursey, and self-contradictory because either the creator doesn't know what they're talking about, or they feel they have to act like they don't in order to avoid offending their audience.


Then that's because you haven't seen Simler90's 192 updates to their Romantic Standards mod. Your point would switch up pretty quickly after reading the essay-long changelog. Good luck
Theorist
#28879 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 3:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefalldreams
Using sarcasm online without tagging it is a bannable offence, remember? /s
Seriously, it's about as ableist as banning workplace/academic use of Comic Sans sight-unseen (as in, not even knowing what Comic Sans looks like!) and since we play a game that pretty much exclusively favours that font, perhaps we should act in its spirit when discussing corruption.


As someone with autism, the reason it is hard for us to detect sarcasm is because of difficulties interpreting tone of voice. In a text-based format, we're just as capable of detecting sarcasm as anyone else is, although notoriously allistic people are much worse at it without tone of voice cues as well. So no, I don't consider not marking text-based sarcasm to be ableist. It helps everyone the same amount. Some utterances, however, you don't need tone of voice cues to pick up the sarcasm.

Quote:
Speaking of both, I think I know why people don't like reading long discussions of corruption or the workings of mods. They tend to be pretty clear here, but on other sites they can get long, complicated, needlessly discoursey, and self-contradictory because either the creator doesn't know what they're talking about, or they feel they have to act like they don't in order to avoid offending their audience. There are some very gifted creators who really should be made to understand that we want to know what their mod does, not see repeated effusive thanks to everyone who taught them how to make it and pretty pictures that do not actually show how to make it work. Read enough of those, and you start wanting to just scan everything you read, even if you know better.


Yes, I can imagine that's a problem sometimes. I actually have not even considered installing a number of Simler mods just because I don't have the time to read an entire novel about the mod. But I really do think that if you can't read the description for whatever reason, the correct course of action should be to not install the mod. If you really really want it, you can probably find time to read the description. And at the very least, if you have questions about the mod, they should go to the creator, as other people are not generally going to know how it works, particularly if you never mentioned that you were using a mod in the first place. Numerous people in this thread assumed the pregnancy would not advance unless the maid was moved in, for example, when clearly that person's mod was causing the pregnancy to advance when she was unplayable. Stuff like that. You could answer the question based on how pregnancy works for playables, but who knows, maybe this mod does it differently and we would be giving out wrong information.
Mad Poster
#28880 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 4:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
Well, I'm glad you've managed to find something funny about all of the hard work people have put in to make this knowledge widely available.


but..but ...that isn't what she said..what you said. ..or meant...or maybe I'll just go eat pie

Namaste... or "go"
Field Researcher
#28881 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 4:58 AM
I've been noticing a certain fear popping up in Strangetown. "Sim is chased by X" You may have noticed that X usually refers to a pet, but I'm seeing this fear in reference to actual sims. Is this caused by hood corruption? If so, then it was corrupted since the beginning, and I'm just gonna roll with it.


I kind of miss my carefree younger days, when I'd just make my families, and delete them all willy nilly when I got bored with them. Seems like everything and its brother causes corruption in this game.
Alchemist
#28882 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 8:43 PM
Can anyone give me a hint on how to do a thing?
I want to put a CC bookcase on the wall above other furniture (like a bed, or a pot plant), and have sims able to use it. I tried adding BHAVs for person and object intersection, but it made no difference. Sims are still blocked from the books. Is there a way to enable using the bookcase from a slight distance?

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Field Researcher
#28883 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 8:51 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 2nd Dec 2021 at 10:02 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I've been noticing a certain fear popping up in Strangetown. "Sim is chased by X" You may have noticed that X usually refers to a pet, but I'm seeing this fear in reference to actual sims. Is this caused by hood corruption? If so, then it was corrupted since the beginning, and I'm just gonna roll with it.


I kind of miss my carefree younger days, when I'd just make my families, and delete them all willy nilly when I got bored with them. Seems like everything and its brother causes corruption in this game.


Well I'm grateful that this information exists now, as a child I hated starting a neighborhood and that everything ended up unplayable without knowing why, I always thought it was my fault.

When I came back to the sims a few years ago, I didn't know anything about 4gb patch, graphic rules, mods and everything else, and on top of that, I was playing with broken templates, it took me like a year or two to find out all of that first. I still miss my sims in my attempts to play in a totally broken Strangetown.
Mad Poster
#28884 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 8:52 PM
I don't mind reading the essays when it comes to mods. Or anything else.
If all else fails - read the instructions (I read those too It does not always help, though).
Alchemist
#28885 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 9:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I've been noticing a certain fear popping up in Strangetown. "Sim is chased by X" You may have noticed that X usually refers to a pet, but I'm seeing this fear in reference to actual sims. Is this caused by hood corruption? If so, then it was corrupted since the beginning, and I'm just gonna roll with it.


I kind of miss my carefree younger days, when I'd just make my families, and delete them all willy nilly when I got bored with them. Seems like everything and its brother causes corruption in this game.

Is that the only issue? Because there is a theory that this want is just badly written and it doesn't mean that the game is broken and thinks to your sim is a dog.
Lab Assistant
#28886 Old Yesterday at 1:54 AM
I won't resurrect an old thread, but I'm wondering whether a solution to the NPC glitch discussed in this thread has been found in the 10 years since the last post by Mootilda. Here is what is happening in my game. I'll use the example of Alec, but there are other Sims with the same glitch.

Playable Tessa stopped by the gas station one day to pick up some snacks, and in walked a Sim she'd never seen before: Alec, whose deep blue eyes, chiseled features, platinum man-bun, and disco outfit she found irresistible. By the end of the day Tessa had broken her engagement with Tarek, moved out, and established a new residence. She quickly invited Alec to move in with her. He accepted. Alec got a job as a musician. So far, so good.

The morning after Alec moved in, he headed off to work, and then Tessa went to her rug shop. When Tessa came home from the shop, Alec was standing on the curb, hours before the end of his shift. I sent him back to work. His boss wasn't happy. The next time I opened Tessa's household, there was Alec, standing on the curb. Sent him to work when it was time, sent Tessa to the shop, she came home, and Alec was again on the curb, hours before the end of his shift.

After digging around a while, I learned that Alec, and a few other new playables who displayed behavior like him, had not been new townies, but new NPCs that the game was generating every time my Sims went to a community lot, either as visitors or business owners. As the thread linked above reveals, these NPCs are witches, but as I have M&G but not AL, they have no powers. Despite no AL, the game kept generating the witches. I have since added Squinge's No More Witch mod, which has indeed stopped the generation of witches, but I'm left with a few dozen NPC witches wandering through my 'hood. Some have wound up in the NPC crypt at the local cemetery, but a few were moved into households before I realized the curb issue. As with the OP in the linked thread above, I'm working around the issue, but it can be limiting. For example, zombie Melody, a senior at Quadington, has fallen for an NPC witch turned vampire, a combo I just have to play. But I don't want poor Alon popping out of his coffin and standing on the curb any time Melody wants to go somewhere during the day (although he is a bit of a jerk, with the 0-3-3-3-0 personality of many witches).

Has a solution ever been found to this curb issue? Thanks in advance.
Field Researcher
#28887 Old Yesterday at 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
Is that the only issue? Because there is a theory that this want is just badly written and it doesn't mean that the game is broken and thinks to your sim is a dog.

Yeah, that's the only issue so far.
Scholar
#28888 Old Yesterday at 3:39 PM
Anyone else experiencing issues to upload images to the MTS forum?
I wanted to update my hood story, but the uploaded images do not appear
Mad Poster
#28889 Old Yesterday at 6:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amura
Anyone else experiencing issues to upload images to the MTS forum?
I had a bit of difficulty a couple of days ago with the pictures for my post about how my Sims buy their groceries. Most of the pictures had to be uploaded several times, and the last one, which is a tiny picture, took ages to appear in the post. I think I got there in the end though.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#28890 Old Yesterday at 9:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
Open it in Simpe, go to OBJD, and open the raw data tab. Make sure you're in hex mode. Look for the line "sale price' under the catalog price category. Change the value to 0x0023. Commit and save. You may assume that I misunderstood the question, because this sounds nonsensical, but that's really how it works.

@omglo @simmer22 So if I understood correctly, the object should at least cost $35 to be quarter-tile-placeable?
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#28891 Old Yesterday at 9:36 PM
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#28892 Old Yesterday at 9:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softlism
So if I understood correctly, the object should at least cost $35 to be quarter-tile-placeable?


Line 0x0022 Sale Price, which is not the actual in game price of an object. But if set to decimal 35 or hex 0x0023 works.
Field Researcher
#28893 Old Yesterday at 10:00 PM
can a sim in the sims 2 marry an adopted sibling and have children with them since they are not blood related?

My personal radio station link in first post (commercial free and all music) listen with Firefox enjoy, this is a gift
me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheAngelClassicRocKMix
Mad Poster
#28894 Old Yesterday at 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspersim
can a sim in the sims 2 marry an adopted sibling and have children with them since they are not blood related?

By default the game considers them related, so, not possible. There are probably mods to get around that though.

In this context, there's no disrespect ...We got five minutes for us to disconnect
Let's get retarded in here.

Mad Poster
#28895 Old Yesterday at 11:37 PM
And this is the mod to 'get around' such silly things such as socially unacceptable things like marrying your close relatives:
Polygamy or marriage of convenience by Marhis.
I thought she had it here, but couldn't find it in their listing, so Maty still has it. There are a lot of recolors and such like elsewhere.

Note: the hack was adopted by Inge and is on page two of that thread.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Mad Poster
#28896 Old Today at 2:16 AM Last edited by grammapat : Today at 2:40 AM.
Default and another thing...
I have an adult man who has developed a relationship with a collage girl (she's not playable). I want to pair them up because they both have the same wonky face. On a date, he could not "ask back to my place", and he can't propose marriage. Why?

I have a number of bunk beds that glitch; either they turn blue when someone gets OUT of bed, or the ladder traps them. Also some hanging plants (and other things) have some part that flashes blue. I have read this is because something is missing/wrong with it. I would contact the creator - if I knew who they were.

Namaste... or "go"
Lab Assistant
#28897 Old Today at 3:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
I have an adult man who has developed a relationship with a collage girl (she's not playable). I want to pair them up because they both have the same wonky face. On a date, he could not "ask back to my place", and he can't propose marriage. Why?

I have a number of bunk beds that glitch; either they turn blue when someone gets OUT of bed, or the ladder traps them. Also some hanging plants (and other things) have some part that flashes blue. I have read this is because something is missing/wrong with it. I would contact the creator - if I knew who they were.


Did you try asking the college girl to move in first? If I remember correctly, Young Adults can't get married. She will age up to Adult automatically when she moves in with your sim. I haven't played without mods in years, but I think that's how it works.

I also use bunk beds and they always flash blue. Blue flashing usually means that something is missing, but seeing as the master files for the bunk beds do it, it's likely that they are glitched somehow.

All's fair in love, war and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#28898 Old Today at 3:12 AM
^ Depending on which bunk bed set it is (especially the Grand Triannon-sometingorother), that glitch is known. I think it has to do with how they're set up in the BHAVs.

Midge has a tutorial-fix for the blue-flashy issue:
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...s-bunk-beds-and

Some of the bunk beds have possibly been fixed already, like these:
https://modthesims.info/download.php?&t=577087
Mad Poster
#28899 Old Today at 3:12 AM
YAs can't get married without a mod, but Ask/back to my place is definitely an option for them normally.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#28900 Old Today at 4:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
By default the game considers them related, so, not possible. There are probably mods to get around that though.

I remember encountering something weird like this. The dad was at work for a couple of hours after the kids got off the school bus because I had miscalculated. Social worker comes and takes them away. I get the kids adopted into another family. The new family was recognized as family. The original, birth father was not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyokoGirl5000
Did you try asking the college girl to move in first? If I remember correctly, Young Adults can't get married. She will age up to Adult automatically when she moves in with your sim. I haven't played without mods in years, but I think that's how it works.

I remember dealing with this. I think indeed I proposed -> move in, she grew up, and then I proposed marriage.
Page 1156 of 1156
Back to top