Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 10:40 PM
Default Simmlish Graffiti
If you were a sim and you felt the desire to spray paint random words and phrases in simmlish around town what would you choose to paint?
Silly question? Probably.
I'm working on a project of simmlish graffiti wall art and I need some phrases you would expect to see tagged around town.
Should I use only sim words or should I use english words written in simmlish.

It says bella, becuase she's probably the most famous sim, and her name has to be on lots of walls.
Screenshots

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 11:13 PM
It looks great! I think both Simlish and English written in Simlish would be fun to see! I would like to propose the famous "Shoo flee!?" line.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
It says bella, becuase she's probably the most famous sim...

(coughs)Mrs. CrumpleBottom(coughs)
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eronel
It looks great! I think both Simlish and English written in Simlish would be fun to see! I would like to propose the famous "Shoo flee!?" line.

Shoo flee shall be added.

Quote: Originally posted by igazor
(coughs)Mrs. CrumpleBottom(coughs)

I stand corrected. Crumplebottom should have a tag.
I think it will say "Crumplebutt" though

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#6 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 2:22 AM
In one city I visited there was a cute little alien figure that popped up all over. I really liked that. Same city had eyeballs painted in a lot of the same places, and an occasional hand.

As for words, I personally only like Simlish. Some all-purpose slogans: "Principled Struggle Keeps Me Regular," for example. Or simply: "Don't Let Them." "You Know Who We Are," "A Million In One," "Find Out." "CLANK HONK TWEET" "Whistle For It" Oh, and real ones from my town in 1990: "Two steps over and one step up!" "17 seconds" (these 2 refer to a Pretty Big Earthquake) "We All Live Here" Actually"Pretty Big One" would be a decent graffitto.
Scholar
#7 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 2:26 AM
How about the classic "Kilroy was here"? Nobody knows who Kilroy was, or what he was doing there, or why he thought he had to commemorate the fact, but everybody knows HE WAS THERE.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
As for words, I personally only like Simlish. Some all-purpose slogans: "Principled Struggle Keeps Me Regular," for example. Or simply: "Don't Let Them." "You Know Who We Are," "A Million In One," "Find Out." "CLANK HONK TWEET" "Whistle For It" Oh, and real ones from my town in 1990: "Two steps over and one step up!" "17 seconds" (these 2 refer to a Pretty Big Earthquake) "We All Live Here" Actually"Pretty Big One" would be a decent graffitto.

Thanks, there are some good one in there.

Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
How about the classic "Kilroy was here"? Nobody knows who Kilroy was, or what he was doing there, or why he thought he had to commemorate the fact, but everybody knows HE WAS THERE.

Ahh, yes, good idea. I do love a good reference in the sims.

Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 2:44 PM
"Do not pee here" is a common sign on walls in where I live. Thought there should be at least one weird or funny sign, you know, for the lulz...(if it's okay hihihi)

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 2:55 PM
Doesn't quite rise to the level of good old Kilroy, but how about "Sleppington washed here"?
Forum Resident
#11 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 6:02 PM
In the sims 4 we knows we pay our bills to the Landgrab's so I probably tag something against them jsut because they ruin us (probably also in other sims games without we know it)
Scholar
#12 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 6:18 PM
Oh the Landgraabs have their greedy presence in every iteration of the Sims and also Sim CIty and other games.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Oh the Landgraabs have their greedy presence in every iteration of the Sims and also Sim CIty and other games.

@lucy kemnitzer : thank you for confirming this I am grateful. I rarely play with the premade and I totally extinct them in ts3.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
"Do not pee here" is a common sign on walls in where I live. Thought there should be at least one weird or funny sign, you know, for the lulz...(if it's okay hihihi)

Perhaps as a small tag. I might have to end up doing 2 different kinds. Elaborate artsy large ones and quick and dirty small ones.

Doesn't quite rise to the level of good old Kilroy, but how about "Sleppington washed here"?

I'm afraid I don't know that reference and my search skills aren't helping me learn anything?

Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
In the sims 4 we knows we pay our bills to the Landgrab's so I probably tag something against them jsut because they ruin us (probably also in other sims games without we know it)

Yes the Landgrab's would inspire conspiracy theories and hatred the way of Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, and Jeff Bezos of our wolrd. Good idea.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
I'm afraid I don't know that reference and my search skills aren't helping me learn anything?

It's "Washington slept here" with the letters morphed around in an attempt to be amusing.

Meaning George Washington. That guy slept everywhere, and historical markers to that effect are a dime a dozen at inns and hotels on what is now the eastern side of our country.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 10:40 PM
It's "Washington slept here" with the letters morphed around in an attempt to be amusing.

Meaning George Washington. That guy slept everywhere, and historical markers to that effect are a dime a dozen at inns and hotels on what is now the eastern side of our country.

That went right over my head.

#19 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 11:26 PM
Some graffiti can be quite vulgar. I think the WooHoo heart would be a good Simlish equivalent.
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 12:06 AM
I've been working on a variety of images as well. So yes the woohoo heart is planned. Just a matter recreating it. I'm worried that some of the images are to clean to look like graffiti though and look more like decals. which is okay i guess.

gnomes and cowplant are ea images that I edited and added too, not my own drawing skill. Don't want to take credit for other peoples talent.

Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 11:33 PM
Did the woohoo heart.
I started this thinking ah this should be fun, quick, and easy.
At least the fun part is true.
Now off to work on llamas
Screenshots

Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I don't have any ideas; just wanted to say that I love the cowplant.

I can only take like 15% of any praise for it as I only drew the plumbob, sidewalk, and shadowing. Somebody at ea drew the actual cowplant, but yeah I think hes pretty cool too.

Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 2:39 PM
I haven't given up on this yet, not that anyone is waiting with bated breath, just some of my work has turned out to look good in game...

and some has turned out to look like crap.

So I have to rework some things. I also have to give my wrist a break from drawing due to carpal tunnel.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#24 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 6:03 PM
Man I thought that was a simified Tiktok logo lol. Been thinking about how I want to do graffiti in future in BRIDGEPORT'88. Dunno, same as always I think, in English if it's of any relevance to the viewer, Simlish otherwise. Been labelling stuff like that for years.

Time and place wise I'm not sure I'll get any further than tags that read "EAT SHIT & DIE" though. It's not a very high brow place. Tried ruining my semi-believable subway car with what I had in game already and it.......well, it's not really enough is it? I'd almost want to be found dead in here. I'll have to look into this right after I finish those new animations

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 1:22 AM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 11th Apr 2021 at 2:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Man I thought that was a simified Tiktok logo lol.

Which one, rainbow & unicorn? I also admit I had to search what the tiktok logo looks like, cause i pay 0 attention to that app.

Edit:Never mind, realize you mean the bella tag. I was only thinking about the recent images I posted.