Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 11:31 AM
Thanks For quick reply, I have found the BHAV for the leave command. Browsed through it a lot of things like Pick up carry sim, Age sim and etc... Cant find the command in it that would make them selectable and stopable. Any ideas?

Thanks again echo

Joe
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#152 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 11:50 AM
Well I think several of us have tried it before without luck, so if you find out how to do it, you can let us all know

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#153 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 4:03 PM
Hi guyz
been at this for 2 days now and still strugglin lol, runnin out of ideas, found the Bhav for leave just cant work it out lol ideas welcome and needed lol

Joe
Test Subject
#154 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 7:58 AM
Default Making other sims interact with object
Hi found away to get my sims to stay in wihout disabling leave, used the prison bhavs as a guide for it. Guess what i have hit another problem lol. I am tryin to make an option so that when u click on a bed it will come up with the option
"Send "sim" to bed
i have been tryin this myself for a while and cant get it to make other sims go to bed just keeps sending the selected sim to bed or the sim initiating the command.

Does anyone have any ideas

Thanks
Joe
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#155 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 9:13 AM
You want to ask TwoJeffs at Simbology. Maybe he could add an "all sims" option to his Smart Beds?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#156 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 9:31 AM
Hi Inge what i mean is say Sim A Clicks the bed it would come up with a menu that has default options and Send sim to bed-
so say we had sim b and sim c it would have send sim be to bed, and send sim c to bed.

Its hard explaining what i want does that give you a better idea?
Joe
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#157 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 3:38 AM
You want a plugin social which pushes the "go to bed" interaction of the bed onto Sim B (The target of the interaction).
Test Subject
#158 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 9:28 AM
Hi cheers echo, do u know any good tutorials for making these never done that before ?

Just done bhav editing with objects.

Thanks
Joe
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#159 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 12:15 PM
Test Subject
#160 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 4:08 PM
OMG lol i think im out of my comfort zone lol.
Ive cloned the socialdownloadtest dont no where to go from here lol
sorry for being a nuissance but can you offer anymore help thanks

Joes
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#161 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 1:20 AM
Okay, best thing I can suggest is to download an existing social plugin. There's a nice simple one by Marvine attached to her dancing animation, or if you're worried about cloning someone else's stuff without express permission then you're welcome to grab the wand social object from my Sourcery download (but it's not as bare-bones). Read through those and see if you can figure out how they work, then post any questions. Unfortunately I can't really write a full end-to-end tutorial on socials at the moment, but I'm always happy to answer specific questions.
Test Subject
#162 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 6:09 AM
Thanks echo i certainly will have a look at ur social object i do really appreciate this thanks and ill let u know how i get on or if im stuck lol

Thanks
Test Subject
#163 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 12:54 PM
hi echo i have attached a package can u have a look it is a clone ofur wand social package. I dont know what ive done wrong no pie options in game. Also do u have any info on the push interaction (how to code opcodes) thanks Joe
Attached files:
File Type: rar  tEST.rar (7.3 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#164 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 1:08 PM
Wrong object to clone for pie menus. The pie menus come from the social plugins (spellset) rather than the social object (socialobject). The former generates the pie menu options which, when selected, push interactions from the latter onto the sim's queue.

Regarding "Push Interaction", the main important parameters are "Object" (which should be the object ID of the social object) and "Interaction" (which should be the line in the TTAB of the social object which you want to push onto the sim). The others you can just copy from a sample object without too much fuss.
Test Subject
#165 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 12:08 AM
Hi echo, I was thinkin these social interactions are puzzlin me soo much do u think i could add a "send (a sim on lot) to bed" and "send all sims to bed" using the push interaction (add these to a bed) or will i have to figure these social interactions.

Regarding push interaction -
does the GUID(object ID) go in opcode boxes 0-4 backwards like others
and for interation what is the opcode boxes and where can i locate the numbers to go in them.

I must be really dumb lol cant seem to get this at all.

Thanks
Joe
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#166 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 12:48 AM
Object ID != GUID. Object ID is the identifier for the *specific instance* of an object. If you want to find the object ID for an object with a particular GUID which is on your lot at the time, you'd need to run a "set to next" to find the object, then run whatever checks you need to on it (eg, is it currently unoccupied?), then push the interaction onto the relevant sim.

Have you done much complex object modding before? Social plugins are a little bit mind bending if you're not too familiar with BHAVs.
Test Subject
#167 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 7:39 AM
Hi echo,
wouldnt say complex nodding lol just basics like trying things out read the articles at the beginning of this thread as well as doin a few tutorials most things i have done is object based. Iam tryin to make a functional psychiatric hospital lots of advanced mods needing done and i am strugllin but i am withit. but iam dedicated lol. I am able to do all other like recolouring, object meshing and adding some basic bhavs.

Joe
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#168 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 8:48 AM
Ah, okay. Since you have done the standard tutorials, then what I would suggest a bit of experimental learning. Take a working object, change a few things, then test in game and see if that's achieved anything. Don't try and make the full hack in one go. Take a working social plugin, and try to change the text of the pie menus while keeping the same behaviour. Then change the behaviour slowly until it matches what you're trying to achieve.

For some social interactions, the easiest option is to build the interaction into a regular object, then just migrate that code into a social afterwards. That way you don't have the overhead of actually getting your code to run to start with.
Test Subject
#169 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 8:18 PM
Hi echo, I got my pie menus workin, dont ask me how lol NExt part the interaction wish me luck lol any tips or advice i think im pushin it lol
Thanks Joe
Test Subject
#170 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 9:19 PM
ty this is helpful
#171 Old 17th Dec 2008 at 8:15 PM
Default Missing In Action?
AdidasSG2:

Last Activity: 13th Jul 2007

Does anyone know if he is still working on this?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#172 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 12:08 AM
As far as I know, he is no longer updating these documents. However, the information presented is still accurate, and any questions posted will still be read by people who have a good chance of being able to answer them.
#173 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 1:34 AM
Yeah, I`d noticed that questions were still being answered, but ShoeGuy seems to have dropped off the radar rather abruptly, judging by this thread, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything. I`d like to be able to thank him for making the results of his work available to learn from.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#174 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 4:51 PM
He hasn't been seen in over a year, so based on the fact that he talked too much, he probably suffered a common fate typical of those who delve too deeply in this field without taking precautions to protect their privacy: Assassinated by EA.
If you don't believe me, recall that BHAV editing didn't open for at least 3 expansions in TS1, because at that time, EAxis was able to move faster and had the people who made inconvenient discoveries in this field "disappeared".

Let this be a lesson to you: Always treat the Internet like it is made of antimatter. Never, ever, touch it with any physical object you don't want to see annihilated. Never be standing near anyone who does touch it with a physical meatspace object.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#175 Old 13th Mar 2009 at 1:53 PM
Hey all, I return, but with some baaaad news....

I have not been on in a very very very long time as I do not really play TS2 anymore, since a national disaster happed where I lived, so in effect I lost all that I had (computer, files on the computer and all my TS2's. But my memory still works good though but I do not know what has been updated/added to the new expansion packs. But when I get everthing going, I would most likley to be a part of the new TS3. (Due out some time this year!), but will just have to see and wait!

So this is just a basic update as to what has happened to me.

Also I want to say thanx for all those who took over in my place when I was no longer able to be there, Numenor, Echo, Shoeguy and a few others I might have missed. You help and knowledge were/is/are appreciated!

Thanx VERY MUCH guys!

SimAntics, What would life be without 'em!
Page 7 of 7