Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 1:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Buy Mode doesn't load
Hello, I have a problem with buy mode. When i click on it I have an endless loading.
Also when I try to build from edit town the UI doesn't show up.
Build mode works perfectly, Live mode too

Does anyone know what causing this issue ?

I tried to repair the game, did a factory reset, tried with other saves and nothing changed.
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 2:19 PM
Do you have custom content? If so, backup your game and test without. This guide should help:
Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Do you have custom content? If so, backup your game and test without. This guide should help:
Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki

I do have cc and mods but even without it I have this issue so i don't know what to do
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 3:50 PM
I only get that when I've been too long in buy/build-mode. Usually hitting F1, F2 or F3 "repairs" the issue long enough so that I can save and quit.

But if that is a permanent thing for you in a vanilla game right from the start, something else must be seriously wrong.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
I only get that when I've been too long in buy/build-mode. Usually hitting F1, F2 or F3 "repairs" the issue long enough so that I can save and quit.

But if that is a permanent thing for you in a vanilla game right from the start, something else must be seriously wrong.

I can leave the buy/build mode without any issue, it just doesn't load in buy mode.
I though maybe the issue comes from the saved sim folder even though the problem appeared very suddenly
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emilie234
I can leave the buy/build mode without any issue, it just doesn't load in buy mode.
I though maybe the issue comes from the saved sim folder even though the problem appeared very suddenly

Have you tried replacing your The Sims3 folder in Documents with a new one? Just move it out, start a new game and play a bit. If that resolves the issue, slowly add your stuff back in.
Not sure why you think it has something to do with the Saved Sims folder. Still, you you could start with it.

It does sound like it could be CC-related.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 5:11 PM
I agree with @310175 - in fact this is one of the steps in the guide I linked above.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Have you tried replacing your The Sims3 folder in Documents with a new one? Just move it out, start a new game and play a bit. If that resolves the issue, slowly add your stuff back in.
Not sure why you think it has something to do with the Saved Sims folder. Still, you you could start with it.

It does sound like it could be CC-related.

Yeah I tried this but it didn't work, unfortunately
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emilie234
Hello, I have a problem with buy mode. When i click on it I have an endless loading.
Also when I try to build from edit town the UI doesn't show up.
Build mode works perfectly, Live mode too

Does anyone know what causing this issue ?

I tried to repair the game, did a factory reset, tried with other saves and nothing changed.

So, this only happens when you are in Edit Town?
If you go to Buy mode in an active household, it's fine?
Do you have buydebug on?
moveobjects?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Sep 2021 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
So, this only happens when you are in Edit Town?
If you go to Buy mode in an active household, it's fine?
Do you have buydebug on?
moveobjects?

Hey, today my game works so I have no idea what caused it but it's not broken anymore
Maybe it was a problem on my pc i suppose