Replies: 1056 (Who?), Viewed: 283841 times.
Page 43 of 43
Top Secret Researcher
#1051 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 1:18 PM
I've just got my own version adapted from the fact that mine is about a situation in Europe that led to the colonization of the new world as history happened in the TS2 version of history.My disaster event was a volanic eruption in Asia in the 16th century disrupting the weather patterns and causing crop failures that led to colonization in mine so they have different things to un;ock like schooling and expanding the town.My sims also have to unlock jobs and what unlocks that is population growth and sims can still earn money by alternative methods like growing crops and by trades or vocations.I've also got a perma fridge patch in because sims can't buy groceries and I don't want them to starve though I cna restrict use of the fridge in a food shortage.
Lab Assistant
#1052 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 7:00 PM
Well, hello. It's been more than a month but I'm still alive! I've been really busy (and I still am) but I could play a couple of hours today so I'm here with a small update:

Anthony lifted the Medicine restrictions (finally showers!). He also married a townie, Gwen, and had a baby, Vanessa. Gwen is both taking care of the baby and skilling to join the Military later. I hope she can make it...

What else can I say...? Well, I got a genie lamp but obviously I can't use it yet. Oh, I
also got 80k monies from a chance card! My problems to pay the bills just vanished. I should use some of that money to make a basement, that is, if I can find a place for the stairs...

I think that's all for today. See you next time, whenever it is.
Top Secret Researcher
#1053 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 8:52 AM
I've got a lot of setting up to do in my town before going live in mine.My town is a colony in the new world and they have to start from scratch though my settlers can garden though their new home might have a different lenth of growing season than they were used to back home.
Test Subject
#1054 Old 16th May 2021 at 1:25 PM
I started the apocalypse challenge (again), and I've been really enjoying it! It seems to be a lot easier than before, need wise, so I decided against getting need perks for my future sims.
The weirdest thing is that I haven't gotten even a single burglar, but my founder's spouse lit on fire when cooking grilled cheese sandwiches! And he was at the top of the culinary career! (luckily having lifted the restriction before dying, lol)
Top Secret Researcher
#1055 Old 17th May 2021 at 4:17 PM
I've got to get ready to create my first colonial couple for my apocalypse challenge and get them settled into the colony.
Lab Assistant
#1056 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 12:40 AM Last edited by Borja20 : 9th Aug 2021 at 4:22 PM. Reason: small update
Not being able to control elders is probably my least favourite rule. Please, I can't help him. (And he started another snowman in the front of the stairs, smh)

Ok so I'm back after many months! I swear, I want to play, i just don't have time...
Sadly, Gwen (the mum) didn't make it to the top of Military. She grew up to elder with 9 of body skill, and also with negative aspiration level because she feared ghosts. Gwen's life is being harsh... To make it worse, Anthony (the dad) died and all family friends were his. Looks like Vanessa (their daughter) will have it hard too. Why is making friends so hard without the phone...? I really want to top Military already. Not just because of the restrictions, but also I want do do some building.

Small update: Gwen was fired from a chance card, when I thought nothing else could go wrong for her...
Good news is Vanessa is making friends pretty fast.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#1057 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 11:02 PM
I won't be controlling any elders in my game for some time because nobody will reach that age for a while as mine is starting out as a new colony settled by young couples and they have to grow old over time.I can control my elders a little though I'll have to let them make mistakes once in a while as they might become forgetful with age.I'm starting my settlement from scratch and slowly building it up and some things like getting jobs are unlocked though some are allowed right away for sims being sent over as convicts.
Page 43 of 43