Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster/Slower and/or Hidden Skills! (Updated for Into The Future/1.67) - UPDATE: 19/7/14

by gesimz Posted 9th Sep 2012 at 3:23 PM - Updated 19th Jul 2014 at 2:52 AM by gesimz

382 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 227 Feedback Posts, 154 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 16
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#76 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Garratte26
Yes im using other mods also, And I have not put any other mod that alters the skills or books in the folder.

Tell me which version you're trying to use, i'll check to see if there's a problem with the file.
Test Subject
#77 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 4:05 AM
Im not familiar with this mod so sorry for my question...does this work with the toddler skills (walk, talk etc)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#78 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by astrouran
Im not familiar with this mod so sorry for my question...does this work with the toddler skills (walk, talk etc)

Yes, the mod applies to all skills that can be learnt in the game for all Sim ages.
Test Subject
#79 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 12:48 AM
Ok thanks and Ill try a different one to see if its just something I did
Test Subject
#80 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 1:39 AM
yea its not working either Im starting to think i did something wrong. It was a great mod before I applied the patch
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#81 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 11:20 AM Last edited by gesimz : 17th Nov 2012 at 1:35 PM.
Looks like the Gambling skill can't be sped up for some reason.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 11th Nov 2012 at 5:43 PM
Wow! Thank you!!! :D
Test Subject
#83 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 10:29 AM
Will this mod work with version number 16.0.136.019017 Cause I'm trying to use it and there are no books either in bookcase or in book store. I have no other skilling mods and have checked all mods for conflict...removing and installing a few at a time.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#84 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbamagirl
Will this mod work with version number 16.0.136.019017 Cause I'm trying to use it and there are no books either in bookcase or in book store. I have no other skilling mods and have checked all mods for conflict...removing and installing a few at a time.

Strange. This mod is completely unrelated to books and shouldn't be causing books to disappear. I'll re-check in my game to see if such an issue exists in my game also.
Test Subject
#85 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 11:58 AM
Well, I updated this mod to my seasons one, and now instead of glitching out they now run around the skating rink D : (Humans work.. Vampires and Pixies..Don't..)
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 10:43 AM
Just to get some clarification...is this now working with Seasons 1.42?
This is one of my favorite mods, however I don't have time to sort through gigs of stuff if it glitches.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 11:16 PM
This might sound dumb, but once you download this mod, how do you use it? Is it automatic, or do you have to type something in shift+ctrl+c? Right click anything? Sorrrry.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xkeyboardwarriorx
This might sound dumb, but once you download this mod, how do you use it? Is it automatic, or do you have to type something in shift+ctrl+c? Right click anything? Sorrrry.

It's a mod that just works on it's own. No cheats needed.

Though nobody has confirmed yet if it's working with latest patch/Seasons.
Test Subject
#89 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 3:57 PM
Didn't work.
Test Subject
#90 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 12:15 AM
Yeah I don't think it's working correctly. On the hidden skills my sims gets to level 5 and then all of a sudden it says it's maxed but it's not. It still shows up as level 5 in the skill journal. BTW I have all expansion packs and I'm running on the latest patch.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#91 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gatecrazy
Yeah I don't think it's working correctly. On the hidden skills my sims gets to level 5 and then all of a sudden it says it's maxed but it's not. It still shows up as level 5 in the skill journal. BTW I have all expansion packs and I'm running on the latest patch.

Certain hidden skills do NOT have 10 levels of skill. This is normal.

For the seasons skills specifically:

Diving (hidden skill) only has a maximum of 2 levels;
Skating (hidden skill) only has a maximum of 6 levels;
Snowboarding (hidden skill) only has a maximum of 2 levels; and
Ballfighting (Snowball and Waterbomb hidden skill) only has a maximum of 3 levels;

Horseshoes is the only skill of the 5 introduced in Seasons that has all 10 levels.

===

On another note, I seem to be getting mixed messages as to whether this mod works or not. Although it seems to work fine in my game, i'm in the process of manually re-doing all the versions of the mod and should re-upload them by the end of the weekend.

The one skill though that can't seem to be tuned is the Gambling skill. Not sure why, but there seems to be no way to get the skill meter to fill any quicker with the Gambling skill via tuning.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 8:31 PM
Does this mod work on toddlers eg. reading books faster? I have installed the 50% faster and it seems its not going as fast as its adults sims.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 10:01 PM
Is there a just Hidden skills mod available for download? With no faster/slower learning ?

Never mind! Found it. Was part of your post, sorry sorry, my bad for not reading like i should
Test Subject
#94 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 8:19 AM
This doesn't seem to work with playing with magic anymore it worked in 1.38 but 1.42 doesn't D:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#95 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rabies
This doesn't seem to work with playing with magic anymore it worked in 1.38 but 1.42 doesn't D:

Tell me which version you're using and i'll look into it.
Test Subject
#96 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gesimz
Tell me which version you're using and i'll look into it.

I'm using "gesimz90% FasterSkills+HiddenSkills" thank you
Forum Resident
#97 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 5:23 PM
Quote:
The one skill though that can't seem to be tuned is the Gambling skill. Not sure why, but there seems to be no way to get the skill meter to fill any quicker with the Gambling skill via tuning.

It is in everyday life. A player's true form with a lot of work. You have to play well to get to win.
Test Subject
#98 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 10:31 PM
I loved this mod and it worked fine until I downloaded Twallan's Custom Careers now it doesn't work anymore. I have the 75% Faster and Hidden Skills mod in my game. I also have the no maternity leave mod as well. Oh yeah I have the base game and Ambitions
Test Subject
#99 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbamagirl

The issue that your having may not have anything to do with this skills mod, by any chance have you got the Harry Potter books mod installed if so that's most likely what's causing your problems in regards to the no book in the book shelf or book store.

I was experiencing the same problem and when I contacted the guy that made the Harry Potter books mod he quickly checked it out and found that some of the files in this mod weren't compatible with 1.42 causing books not to show up in book store or bookshelf.

If you have the Harry Potter books mod installed all you have to do is remove it and you'll find that you'll be able to place books back into your book shelf and the books will return back in the books store as well.
Test Subject
#100 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cnhubbs
I loved this mod and it worked fine until I downloaded Twallan's Custom Careers now it doesn't work anymore. I have the 75% Faster and Hidden Skills mod in my game. I also have the no maternity leave mod as well. Oh yeah I have the base game and Ambitions

That's really strange, have you made sure that all the mods have been updated to make them compatible with the 1.42 patch? I have exactly the same mods (plus others) you've mentioned and I don't have any problems with it.
Page 4 of 16