Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Default Replacement Fixer - V3.0 10/12/2020, fixes default eyes, eyebrows, makeup, and skins broken by patches

by CmarNYC Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 7:14 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2020 at 11:02 PM by CmarNYC

265 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 11
Test Subject
#51 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
They work fine in my game. What do you mean that they don't work? Do they not show up in CAS or the appearance isn't what you expect? Did you remove the original package?

they show up as the default ea eyes and yes i removed the old packages
Test Subject
#52 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 1:13 AM
All of the converted packages you uploaded seem to work fine in my game. Did you remove the old packages? When you say they don't work, do you mean they don't show up in CAS or that you don't see the appearance you expect?

yes, the old files have been deleted and I'm just seeing the maxis eyes. I will try without my non- defaults, which all work fine, and also remove the skin detail version of the fancy eyes.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#53 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cutieje
they show up as the default ea eyes and yes i removed the old packages

Quote: Originally posted by octoweirdo
yes, the old files have been deleted and I'm just seeing the maxis eyes. I will try without my non- defaults, which all work fine, and also remove the skin detail version of the fancy eyes.

Do you get the wrench icon on the thumbnail?

Are you running on Mac?

I've been seeing issues with the one non-default eyes I use, so I'll have to take a look at that too. It would be very disappointing if using this workaround fix causes conflicts somehow but possibly we can ask EA about a patch fix. First I have to check out a few possibilities. Tomorrow is another day!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#54 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tysakasa
Seems to be hit or miss for me. I use Bright Eyes by joannebernice
(link if you want to take a look: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...lts/id/1300720/ )
It only seems to fix 5 of the colours and they only seem to semi work (at least when viewed in CAS). When one of the sims that CAS gave me landed on one of the fixed colours, it would show it, but when I imported one of my sims from the library that uses the red colour, the game wouldn't recognize the fixed ones, remaining on what ever colour that didn't get fixed. Tested a few others sims to see if their colours would cause the same thing as the red one, but all of the ones I've tested still recognized the eye colours that your fixer managed to fix.

I use joannebernice's "Defaults Tales" and it didn't work either. I had the same problem as you, only 5 colors fixed.

Does anyone know where I can find default eyes that work? It would be nice if people who comment here post what default eyes they used, when it worked.
Test Subject
#55 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 1:39 AM
Do you get the wrench icon on the thumbnail?

Are you running on Mac?

I've been seeing issues with the one non-default eyes I use, so I'll have to take a look at that too. It would be very disappointing if using this workaround fix causes conflicts somehow but possibly we can ask EA about a patch fix. First I have to check out a few possibilities. Tomorrow is another day!

FIXED IT! was because of luumia's eye shine remover
Test Subject
#56 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 2:05 AM Last edited by octoweirdo : 6th Jun 2020 at 2:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by cutieje
FIXED IT! was because of luumia's eye shine remover

yup, that was it.
Test Subject
#57 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 2:12 AM
I can confirm that it's LUUMIA's eye specular remover (AllEyesShineRemover) that's messing with people's fixed packages. I also use the VampirePrincess edits of the Meteor default eyes; I took the specular remover out and the batch fixed packages worked just fine. While we're here, LUUMIA's pet eye specular remover (NoEyeSpecPets) doesn't even work anymore (now that you can change the color of each eye individually, his pet eye specular remover only works for the pet's left eye), so you might as well take that out too. However, I found that Bienchen's baby eye specular remover (nobabyeyeglow) is still fine and doesn't affect anything because babies are objects and not Sims (lol). Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#58 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 2:55 AM
Not so weird, I forgot to turn on compression. Fixed in 1.2.

Thank you so much! This tool is such a blessing...and it made me so happy when I could finally use my default eyes again! :D
Test Subject
#59 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:36 AM
Yes. The Kijiko packages are replacements of the textures only. The fix needs to modify the CASP files that define the eyes and link to the textures. Unfortunately those replacements would have to be redone by cloning the CASPs and replacing the textures.

Edit: I'm going to look at the possibility of using the texture identifiers to clone or create a default replacement CASP, which would fix this.

Thanks very much for the answer, Cmar! And if you end up doing this update about the textures too I would be even more grateful to you than right now. Maybe I can also try other default replacements but I am afraid of bugging my existing sims with eyes that become impossible to change for ever by changing the default replacements I've been using so far. This glitch happened with some of my sims and I have no clue as to why.

You're awesome and thanks so much again!
Test Subject
#60 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 4:23 AM
I can't find these eyes. Please post a link, thanks.

She's under a new username now, that's probably why you couldn't find them,
https://princess-of-sims.tumblr.com...nd-far-too-many
Test Subject
#61 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zapcracklepop
I can confirm that it's LUUMIA's eye specular remover (AllEyesShineRemover) that's messing with people's fixed packages. I also use the VampirePrincess edits of the Meteor default eyes; I took the specular remover out and the batch fixed packages worked just fine. While we're here, LUUMIA's pet eye specular remover (NoEyeSpecPets) doesn't even work anymore (now that you can change the color of each eye individually, his pet eye specular remover only works for the pet's left eye), so you might as well take that out too. However, I found that Bienchen's baby eye specular remover (nobabyeyeglow) is still fine and doesn't affect anything because babies are objects and not Sims (lol). Hope this helps!

Oh, I need to go try this out! I forgot I still had that lying around in my mods folder, even after I updated my defaults.
Test Subject
#62 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 8:18 AM Last edited by peaudebanane : 6th Jun 2020 at 1:06 PM.
Yes, very strange.

I converted the reticulates eyes again and they still work in my game. The Nolan cat eyes have a problem, it looks like the secondary colors are there but the primary ones don't appear - there are no swatches at all in CAS. When you say they don't work, what do you mean exactly?

I'll have to come back to the animal eyes (and the rest of the problems) tomorrow.

I mean I put the fixed packages in my Mods folder but they don't appear in-game, my Sims (except for aliens since the fix worked for those) and pets have the EA defaults and the eye color icons don't have a wrench that would indicate CC. It's as if there were no packages at all. But as you said, I guess that's because all of them were marked as alien eyes and therefore were overridden by my actual alien defaults.

I'm playing on a Mac and I had to ask someone with a PC to run the fix for me, so unfortunately I don't know what they did exactly other than it worked for alien defaults only. Since you're able to convert reticulates' daydreamin' eyes I'll try again later when I can put my hands on another PC.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 8:53 AM
cannot update this Alf-si_eyes_01_default_3
this is my favorite default eyes <3
it says 0
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Alf-si_eyes_01_default_3.zip (112.8 KB, 12 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 9:00 AM
How to fix eyes that are just "texture replacements", until Cmar can figure out how to support them.

Download NEW default eyes (that replace the same eyes as your broken ones) that can be fixed with Cmars tool, fix those, save package
Open your currently broken eyes in sims 4 studio, export their textures as dds, it'll show up as a somewhat broken package, but all the textures are still there, export them all.
open the fixed package in sims 4 studio, and import your broken eyes textures to the corresponding eye swatch.
save that under the same name as your broken default eyes.

put the now fixed version of your eyes in game, they should work again. I have noticed a very subtle drop in quality of the textures, but oh well.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#65 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 9:06 AM
Thank you! This new problem drove me crazy! Your fix worked for me :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 11:00 AM
It worked for me! I didn't understand what was going on after the patch. Now I know :) Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 11:01 AM
ea should really fear you
thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you just saved the entire sims 4 community!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are a
Forum Resident
#68 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
it says 0

It only does HQ, does it matter? If yes, that's why then ...
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#69 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 12:24 PM
Merci, il fonctionne pour les yeux de https://dangerouslyfreejellyfish.tumblr.com/, c'est génial
Field Researcher
#70 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
It only does HQ, does it matter? If yes, that's why then ...

It's not just HQ. The eye textures look different. It somehow looks between mm and alpha and that's why I like it so much. Suits townies so well. It's HQ compatible though.
I didn't put the link because it was old cc and has adf link.

Here is what it looks like.
http://alf-si.blogspot.com/2017/01/...fault-face.html
Instructor
THANKS POST
#71 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 2:20 PM
Thank you very much. Could use it with success, am happy.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#72 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
it says 0

This is also a replacement of textures only and the tool can't fix it. (Yet.)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Mad Poster
#73 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:00 PM
Well I'm glad I came back and discovered why the tool wasn't fixing my default Alien eyes. I made them with textures only to keep the original file size small. Any word from EA why the change was made? I doubt it.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#74 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peaudebanane
I mean I put the fixed packages in my Mods folder but they don't appear in-game, my Sims (except for aliens since the fix worked for those) and pets have the EA defaults and the eye color icons don't have a wrench that would indicate CC. It's as if there were no packages at all. But as you said, I guess that's because all of them were marked as alien eyes and therefore were overridden by my actual alien defaults.

I'm playing on a Mac and I had to ask someone with a PC to run the fix for me, so unfortunately I don't know what they did exactly other than it worked for alien defaults only. Since you're able to convert reticulates' daydreamin' eyes I'll try again later when I can put my hands on another PC.

The DayDreamin' eyes are available in a fixed version here: https://maxismatchccworld.tumblr.co...an-default-eyes

Probably most default eyes will be fixed by either their creator or someone like the above if they're no longer active.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#75 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Well I'm glad I came back and discovered why the tool wasn't fixing my default Alien eyes. I made them with textures only to keep the original file size small. Any word from EA why the change was made? I doubt it.

I'm guessing, but the patch notes say something about new and better looking cosmetics. My feeling is that for eyes, brows, and makeup they're now using a different kind of image compression that's presumably less lossy. I can see what I think is the new image resource in s4pe but don't know how to decompress it. Assuming I'm not totally wrong about this!

Page 3 of 11