Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Numenorean Hibernation Cell (Aspiration reward OR Buyable) - *UPD 08 NOV 2006*

by Numenor Posted 31st Oct 2005 at 12:03 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 12:14 PM by -Maylin-

475 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 458 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 16 of 20
Test Subject
#376 Old 8th Jul 2006 at 5:09 PM
it is really brilliant like idea!!! thank you thank you
Field Researcher
#377 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 1:14 PM
You are genius! Cool, thank you :yippee: :jig:

To err is human. To forgive is divine. Sometimes:)
Test Subject
#378 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 2:19 PM
hi can sombody do a swedish translation pleaseeee
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#379 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 5:32 PM
If you know Swedish, you could do the translation.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#380 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 4:25 AM
This is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I wanted this soo badly I even stopped being so lazy and registered with the site so i could download it. Good job keep the genius coming please
Lab Assistant
#381 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 8:15 PM
Doing translation is not that hard if you have SimPE and some basic skill to use it or some basic smarts to figure it out. Open the package, find the strings you need to translate. In this case they are in Catalog Description and "MakeActionString prim string set". You could put the translations right there, but in my case, I PMd the translations to Numenor to be added. I'm not worthy enough to muck about with such a great creation

I guess I could theoretically do a swedish one as well, but my already poor swedish skills are so rusty that the results would be abysmal.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
Test Subject
#382 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 11:39 AM
ok im build a swedish translation
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#383 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 6:21 PM
Default Thread Update
11 SEPT 2006: FIXED the bug that caused the children to sit on the floor after exiting the Hibernator; also improved compatibility with other hacks involving beds by removing the categorizaton of the Hibernator as "bed".
Thanks to TwoJeffs for both bug-fixes.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#384 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 9:29 PM
this is my first post and im new to sim2 and dont have the expansions yet and im a regular sim1 player , who lives in canada.hopefully im following the forum rules correctly .

ah this some kind of a hack thingy, i like hacked or cheats, make life so much easier for me since im not the best sim player. mmm i do wish for more explanation on what to do with this thing. really what can i use it for, so it make a sim sleep for long time , im wondering what ways is this useful though, i need some ideas really i guess. i m jsut starting the sim2 nowadays im a newbie but used to play the sim1 . so it good for legaies something huh? that something to do with family i think and genetics , etc. mmm interesting but i have not explore that much yet. i do love the suspensed animation themes in books and movies , love that idea where u can sleep for centuries then wake up so refreshed and young in another time, mmm this might be good for strangeville perhaps? ideas ideas , please. i see in the screenshot there a menu for how long to sleep mm. so a month is how long in a sim life? i have turned of the aging thingy . dont like to lose my sims if i can. im bound to make a mess of things at first. i will read the posting here to see more of what the hiberantor is about , but there 16 pages of posting gee whiz. have a great simmie weekend ! mamxnb
Test Subject
#385 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 5:44 AM
Default Very awsome
this is great I love this object thanks for it and many other of your awsome objects hacks and mods. I have tons of your stuff from here realized i never said thanks so here it is THANK YOU
Test Subject
#386 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mamxnb
this is my first post and im new to sim2 and dont have the expansions yet and im a regular sim1 player , who lives in canada.hopefully im following the forum rules correctly .

ah this some kind of a hack thingy, i like hacked or cheats, make life so much easier for me since im not the best sim player. mmm i do wish for more explanation on what to do with this thing. really what can i use it for, so it make a sim sleep for long time , im wondering what ways is this useful though, i need some ideas really i guess. i m jsut starting the sim2 nowadays im a newbie but used to play the sim1 . so it good for legaies something huh? that something to do with family i think and genetics , etc. mmm interesting but i have not explore that much yet. i do love the suspensed animation themes in books and movies , love that idea where u can sleep for centuries then wake up so refreshed and young in another time, mmm this might be good for strangeville perhaps? ideas ideas , please. i see in the screenshot there a menu for how long to sleep mm. so a month is how long in a sim life? i have turned of the aging thingy . dont like to lose my sims if i can. im bound to make a mess of things at first. i will read the posting here to see more of what the hiberantor is about , but there 16 pages of posting gee whiz. have a great simmie weekend ! mamxnb

(1) Read the item description and posts, then try it out.
(2) When you hit a question about this item, repeat step 1.
Everything you need to know to get started is quite well documented in this site.

\\ - =God is coming, and she's bringing donuts!= -
\ \ __ __ ^.^._______
\\______/_________|_)
/ / ` \ \
\_\__ \ \

PS -- I dislike pointless posts!!
Lab Assistant
#387 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 1:46 PM
Useful and cool. Yesh. o__o THANKS! Too bad I didn't find this download earlier! Oh and extra kiitos to Kissamies for the Finnish translation! Eihän kukaan katsos enää Englantia ymmärrä...

"Practice, practice, practice until you eventually get numb on rejections."
~Brian Klemmer
Lab Assistant
#388 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 1:56 AM
I've been using this item since you 1st released it.
I recolored it for a story I was making.
It was a snow white type of story.
Anyways, I'm pretty happy with the result.
The glass recolor now looks more like glass in my opinion.
If you would like to see my recolor, just let me know by PM, Numenor :D
I'll e-mail it to you, I don't really plan to host it myself.
Eeveryone else, please don't ask me for the recolor ...
If Numenor wants to look at it and likes it enough to post it ...

Keep up the great work,
CyberBob
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#389 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 2:40 AM
Check your PM, CyberBob

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#390 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 1:32 AM
08 NOV 2006: ADDED BUYABLE VERSION. Many users asked me for a version of the Hibernator buyable from the catalog; at first I resisted, because I think it's a nice idea to have it as an aspiration reward. But anyway, if people want to buy it from the catalog, well, here is the buyable versio
NOTE: YOU CAN'T HAVE BOTH! Choose either the Aspiration Reward OR the buyable version. The buyable version is attached to this post, in the archive "Hibernator_main_(BUYABLE).rar". Install it as usual (the QX works fine, too). Once installed it, the buyable Hibernator can be found in the normal Buy Mode catalog, in the section Misc/Misc, at a price of §15,500 (sorry, but you have to earn it anyway! ).

08 NOV 2006: Also ADDED a new "Glass" recolour made by CyberBob: it's more transparent then mine, and has a transparent base, too (not only the door).

Lab Assistant
#391 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 7:58 AM Last edited by Blacksmith2 : 23rd Nov 2006 at 8:04 AM.
i downloaded it as an aspiration and want to download it as a buyable will the buyable overwrite the aspiration one or do i have to un install the aspiration one, and if i download either of the updated versions what will happen to sims in the hibernation cell.oh and can you upload pics of what the new recolour looks like. P.s i love the way the sims stare in to space like that its like 'Help me, Helpme'oh and they will automatically wake up if there husband/wife WooHoos with another person but not when they kiss.strange.(they were in the same room) did kiss first then WooHoo)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#392 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 8:09 PM
If you install another version of the bed, it will overwrite the one already existing in the Downloads folder.
When you start the game, you won't notice any difference: for the game, the two versions are the same object.

I didn't post a screenshot of the new recolour because it's basically the same as my old "glass" recolour, only, more transparent.

Lab Assistant
#393 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 8:27 PM
are there any other recolours apart from the ones here and the two made by PattyMcPat2666 . i dont want to miss out
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#394 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 2:09 AM
Not that I know of.

Instructor
#395 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 2:36 AM
Holy crap. Have I mentioned how much you ROCK? Can you please come to my place and give me private lessons on how to do some of this modding?

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Test Subject
#396 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 1:07 AM
This is great. Could you make one that stands vertically and/or one that the sims could be in their clothes in (I want to make a story where someone is puched into a chamber). Thanks
Test Subject
#397 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 5:47 AM
I like this object! If the animation of adult sims is like the vampire lying in the coffin (cross arms in front of chest) will be perfect. In my opinion, putting their hand on the cap is a little weird if they are falling asleep, especially when using the transparent recolor. Can you make one or I'll try to make one myself, plz. Thanks!
Test Subject
#398 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 12:19 PM
Holy shit, thank you sooo much for this!!
Test Subject
#399 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 7:54 PM
Awesome!!

(¯*♥..♥*¯)Have you thanked a Mod today?
NO MORE PAYSITES FOR EA/SIMS STUFF, SIGN HERE IF YOU AGREE:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...tion/index.html
Test Subject
#400 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 8:01 PM
Awesome!! I like!! :D

(¯*♥..♥*¯)Have you thanked a Mod today?
NO MORE PAYSITES FOR EA/SIMS STUFF, SIGN HERE IF YOU AGREE:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...tion/index.html