Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Glass Wings - All Ages

by Esmeralda Posted 11th Nov 2014 at 4:29 PM - Updated 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:51 PM by Esmeralda : Added toddler version by Yunanesca

102 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 5:45 AM
Thank you so much for the wings!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 12:02 PM
I cannot find them in my game. Please reply back soon. :-)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by svckmeoff
I cannot find them in my game. Please reply back soon. :-)

They are in the Glasses section in CAS, with a thumbnail as below:
Attached Images

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 9:39 PM
Thanks you so much! these are so nice and i cant wait to use them for my new lets play sims !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 2:12 PM
s beutiful
Test Subject
#31 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
They are in the Glasses section in CAS, with a thumbnail as below:

i don't know how to downlode from this website. can you help me plz?
you have video to expline?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 3:02 PM
thanks you! but i don't know how to downlode from this web, can you tell me how???? plz!!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lihi12312
i don't know how to downlode from this website. can you help me plz?
you have video to expline?

Click on the tab called 'Files', then click on the name of the file (Esmeralda_GlassWings.zip). It will then automatically download to your PC. I don't have a video to explain how to do that, sorry. If you still have questions on how to download files, please ask in the Help forum: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=691
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 11:04 AM
These look very nice indeed. Now, I just need to locate some "devil wings" for my more evil sims. I will note however that putting them in the "classes" slot is a rather odd decision. I would expect them to be in the body accessories perhaps using the necklace slot, about 90% of my sims wear glasses so this is a huge drawback for me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 11:33 AM Last edited by Esmeralda : 20th Feb 2015 at 9:46 AM. Reason: typo
Quote: Originally posted by anarchyinc
These look very nice indeed. Now, I just need to locate some "devil wings" for my more evil sims. I will note however that putting them in the "classes" slot is a rather odd decision. I would expect them to be in the body accessories perhaps using the necklace slot, about 90% of my sims wear glasses so this is a huge drawback for me.

It was not 'a rather odd decision', it was a very good one. You are not to know this since you don't make cc yourself, but the part of TS4's CAS texture composite allocated to accessories is very, VERY tiny, unlike in TS3 where accessories could use a quite large texture. I in fact originally cloned the wings as accessories, putting their texture into the tiny accessories template, but the wings had such a blurry texture in-game due to the tiny texture being stretched so much, that it would have been unacceptable to the majority of players. So I re-cloned them as glasses, because the texture allocated to glasses, although small, is not near-microscopic like necklaces and other accessories. It still resulted in a less sharp texture than I wanted, but looks just about acceptable in-game. Unfortunately, we all have to make compromises in TS4 which are not always ideal. HTH!
Test Subject
#36 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 10:56 PM
Hey there thanks so much for this mod However, I'm having this strangle little problem- the game can't seem to save my sims if they have the glass wings on. It won't even save to "My Library". Every time I want to save my sims, I have to take the fairy wings off. Has anyone else ever had this problem, and is there a way to fix it?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 9:39 AM Last edited by Esmeralda : 20th Feb 2015 at 9:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by NiaraTiara
Hey there thanks so much for this mod However, I'm having this strangle little problem- the game can't seem to save my sims if they have the glass wings on. It won't even save to "My Library". Every time I want to save my sims, I have to take the fairy wings off. Has anyone else ever had this problem, and is there a way to fix it?

Everybody has this problem, with ALL cc, not just the wings. In one of the game's recent update patches, EA stupidly changed the game so that we can no longer see any sims we save wearing cc in My Library unless we enable online access from within our game and connect to the online Gallery. When you're online, in your Library you'll see a box you can click called something like 'Show custom content'. You will only see this if you're online - there is no way to access it offline. Once you're online, all the sims you saved which you couldn't see before, should now be visible. Sims wearing these wings (and all other cc) saved fine for me before EA made that ridiculous move.

All you can do now is save your sims wearing no cc, so that they do show up in your Library offline, and then add the wings and/or other cc when you're ready to move them into a house. Once they're in a house, then when you save your game the sim will be saved wearing the cc. (ETA: That is, they will be saved wearing the cc in the house, in your Save Game - not in the Library.)
Test Subject
#38 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 1:35 PM
Everybody has this problem, with ALL cc, not just the wings. In one of the game's recent update patches, EA stupidly changed the game so that we can no longer see any sims we save wearing cc in My Library unless we enable online access from within our game and connect to the online Gallery. When you're online, in your Library you'll see a box you can click called something like 'Show custom content'. You will only see this if you're online - there is no way to access it offline. Once you're online, all the sims you saved which you couldn't see before, should now be visible. Sims wearing these wings (and all other cc) saved fine for me before EA made that ridiculous move.

All you can do now is save your sims wearing no cc, so that they do show up in your Library offline, and then add the wings and/or other cc when you're ready to move them into a house. Once they're in a house, then when you save your game the sim will be saved wearing the cc. (ETA: That is, they will be saved wearing the cc in the house, in your Save Game - not in the Library.)

Oh thank you Yes, I did notice the same problem when I downloaded another mod. Thank you for explaining this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 5:00 AM
I need help? I downloaded the mod properly and it showed up once I launched the game to say that I did download it, I clicked the check to accept, and I went to glasses but they are no where to be found? Do I need to be online to see them?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cynalia
I need help? I downloaded the mod properly and it showed up once I launched the game to say that I did download it, I clicked the check to accept, and I went to glasses but they are no where to be found? Do I need to be online to see them?

You don't need to be online to see them. I play offline and they're visible in the Glasses section. I have heard of this kind of problem happening to other players with other cc, though, where things show up in the game's opening screen that shows you what cc you have installed but then don't appear in the game.

But unfortunately I don't know what the solution is, as I've never had the problem - it might be something to do with the directory path to where your cc is. You'll need to ask about the 'cc in the opening menu but not showing up in game' problem in the Help forum, or see if someone has already posted a thread asking about it there - there's a good chance someone already has.
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:49 AM
You don't need to be online to see them. I play offline and they're visible in the Glasses section. I have heard of this kind of problem happening to other players with other cc, though, where things show up in the game's opening screen that shows you what cc you have installed but then don't appear in the game.

But unfortunately I don't know what the solution is, as I've never had the problem - it might be something to do with the directory path to where your cc is. You'll need to ask about the 'cc in the opening menu but not showing up in game' problem in the Help forum, or see if someone has already posted a thread asking about it there - there's a good chance someone already has.

I finally found out what happened! Thanks, even if you weren't sure about the problem for responding, haha.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#42 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 12:13 AM
I loved them so much, I did some recolors but with DDS format in Sims Studio, and they all look solid without the transparency, what did I do wrong?? Thank you a lot for these beautiful wings.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlineFrrr
I loved them so much, I did some recolors but with DDS format in Sims Studio, and they all look solid without the transparency, what did I do wrong?? Thank you a lot for these beautiful wings.

It sounds like either you made the alpha white rather than grey like it needs to be (as is the case with the .bmp file included in the recolour templates zip file), or you saved it in DXT1 format, which has no alpha channel. You need to open the .bmp file in Photoshop or similar program that has alpha channels, do your recolour and then save it as "DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha" in order to preserve the grey alpha. (Be sure you also have the .dds Save screen set up to 'Generate Mipmaps' and 'All'.)

Hope that helps you get the recolours working, and glad you like the wings!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 4:31 AM
COOL!!! THANK U!!! XD XD XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 3:22 PM
Cool!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 9:10 PM
:)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 5:31 PM
Amazing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 4:53 PM
Omg that's sooo cool I have been looking for ages for wings thanks so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:54 AM
Awesome! I even managed to get it to work on my mac!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 7:00 PM
Thanks you very much. I like that.
Page 2 of 5