Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#76 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 6:02 AM
I'm going to an exam in a few hours after an involuntary all-nighter. Go me!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 6:12 AM
That doesn't sound very healthy.

Then again, you do burn about the same amount of calories that are in an ice-cream cone (single scoop).

Isn't the internet informative?

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 6:17 AM
Too much homework. Plus, I don't understand Science. It's really confusing, and my teacher is giving us way too much work to do.
It's the third day and I'm already doing about an hour and a half of homework each night.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 7:47 AM
All I don't get in science is the periodic table. Then again, I have only been doing science for a year, and grade 7 Science is pretty easy.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 10:49 PM
Tree4me, 8th grade science isn't all that terrible either. The periodic table is also simple (in what you need to learn).

Vent:
I have metal-chair-butt :P
I completed our school's exit exam (we don't get the results yet) and I can't explain how much sitting still sucks. I tried to miss all my classes on both Tuesday and Wednesday so I litteraly sat for over three hours counting everything there was to count in our old gym.
I counted:
30 ceiling lights, only 29 work.
11 bleachers, only 10 move.
6 basketball hoops.
I failed, and had to bail and go to 3rd, I was going to go insane if I didn't.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 10:29 PM
I have to go back to that dreaded place on monday, *shudders*

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Mad Poster
#82 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 2:16 AM
School sucks. My maths/science teacher is fat and stupid. He has no idea what he is doing! I have homework due tomorrow, and I forgot to take it home with me, so I only have 40 minutes tomorrow to finish it off.

To top it all off, I have to set up the audio/visual for another assembly, so I have to be at school at 7:30 and then have to take it all down. Because of all the sexist freaks at our school, and me being the only girl on the team, I am stuck counting all the friggin' chairs!

Mad Poster
#83 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 10:53 PM
I love newspaper, but the disadvantage to being a writer is being low on the totem pole- even sophomore designers can be important because they spend so much time on the paper after school. We writers simply do our piece and it ends there. What's worse is that I have three years of middle school publications experience that few others have, so I know what I'm doing like the back of my hand and never get to use it because I don't get the opportunity. I hate having no say, and our advisor doesn't even read the opinion page, so when I go out for an editorship next year, he'll have no idea what good things I've done. I just hate being so... insignificant.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Top Secret Researcher
#84 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 9:00 PM
Ugh, I seriously do not want to do my Amer. Gov't project.

Me and my group began Monday and started our PowerPoint today. Since we didn't finish at school, someone had to take it home. My friend offered to do it, but she pratically never does any of her projects, so trusting it in her hands would be too risky. The other three people showed zero interest in doing it, so I reluctantly said yes.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Mad Poster
#85 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 1:46 AM
I don't like SOSE... SOSE sucks. SOSE is bad for my health. Well, not really, but it smells.

Mad Poster
#86 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 4:49 AM
What are you studying in SOSE at the moment? I remember I used to hate it, but then I began to realise that the subjects we were studying affected me in some way, and I began to enjoy it.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 5:25 AM
We are studying "Flags of the World". It really sucks. At least it isn't as bad as Science and Maths.

Mad Poster
#88 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 1:30 AM
Even though I've said in the past that I like my science teacher this year, I really don't. We got an assignment which was as to be expected, but he gave us a week to do it and it is about three times as long as any other assignment we've ever gotten. He marks very harshly, and he just piles the work on.
We also got another assignment where we have to build a race car out of a mousetrap, and it is so difficult if you aren't any good at building things. He doesn't seem to understand that we get other assignments from other classes.
I have two English assignments, a research report for World Issues, a 2,000 word essay for Japanese, a creative assignment for Young Chefs and an assignment on this year's yearbook for Photography.
I just don't have the time to do two more assignments for Science, especially when they are needlessly long.
Top Secret Researcher
#89 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 2:02 AM
Oh. My. God.

I have to write six essays for my AP English project that's due Monday, and I'm only on the third sentence of my first essay. I then have to finish Huckleberry Finn to do a test on the entire book also on Monday and write about it on Wednesday. Let's not forget the AP English speech and French IV speech (that's all in French) that're both due sometime this week. To put the cream cheese icing on the cake, I have to take my SATs tomorrow and I'm ABSOLUTELY DRAINED!!!!!!!! I felt like dropping dead at my job today, but seeing as I only had a 15-min break, that wasn't going to happen. Thankfully, I'm not sending these SAT scores to any colleges, so I can bomb the first time and do better next year. And then, I had a French IV test and Algebra III test today to end off my Friday.

I need a hug.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
#90 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 2:57 AM
Oh, how I hate school! And I really hate homework on the weekend! And, in tech-ed (woodshop) we have to build this stupid bridge and i hate it! I hate shop! and in english we just finished romeo and juliet
Mad Poster
#91 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 9:44 AM
Happycowlover: **hugs** That is a terrible amount of work to get done. I'm sorry.

simtastic: I never liked MDT either, or Romeo and Juliet. Honestly, I don't think anyone likes school.

Mad Poster
#92 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 9:50 AM
I like school. Except for the overload of assignments. And I love Romeo and Juliet. It's my favourite play.
Mad Poster
#93 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 9:53 AM
Oops. Sorry. Not that liking school is a bad thing. *shuts up before she says something stupid.*

Mad Poster
#94 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 3:53 PM
For my English class, we're doing competitive debates- whichever team of three wins receives a 3% bonus on their final debate grade. I'm fairly confident that my group will win, seeing as it includes three people who are well-read and highly interested in English, but we're the odd group and so we have a fourth wheel. He really shouldn't be in Honors English, and we're horribly afraid that he's going to screw it up for us. I would bet my life that he'll forget to dress up, and there goes a few points right there. What's worse is that my teacher assigned him to be the anchor of the debate, and he's going to sink our ship entirely.

Also, today I was standing in line behind my friend's boyfriend in my art class. He cut in front of me and I jokingly told him "no Chinese cutting" like we used to say on the playground as kids. The teacher overheard and berated me for saying something derogatory- he thought that I was insulting him, because the guy is Asian. He wasn't offended at all, but now the teacher thinks I'm a racist .

Mad Poster
#95 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 9:33 AM
I have an advantage in Japanese at school, seeing as I've lived there and I now know the language fairly well. However, my Japanese teacher never calls on me in class.
I don't want to be mean, but no one in that class can speak Japanese. At all. So, during my fourth year of learning Japanese at this school (my eighth year in total), I'm stuck learning things that I learnt in my second year of Japanese.
Today we were learning the expression you use when you are saying "have had the experience of", and I've already learnt this. After five minutes of asking random people in the class who had no idea what he was talking about, and five minutes of me waving my hand in the air like a lunatic, my teacher ignores me and gives the correct answer to the class without even looking at me. It's incredibly annoying, and normally the only marks I ever lose in that class are for "not participating in class discussions".
How can I participate in class discussions when he never lets me talk?
Mad Poster
#96 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 9:51 AM
Sophie, I know how you feel. I get reports saying that I don't participate in class discussions enough when, in fact, I am never called upon, so I need to make myself heard. Thanks to my "super-awesome-singers-lungs", I could do that, but it gets me into heaps of trouble.

My vent: I am always sick at school, because of the tablets that I have to take, (and a few other things.) and I don't get to participate in most of my favourite classes because of it. The teachers even tell me to sit out even when I am feeling fine. It's annoying, especially considering that I am as, if not more capable of everything that is being asked of everyone. It really ticks me off.

Mad Poster
#97 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 11:07 PM
I seem to have a lot of school related vents. Maybe that's just because I don't like my school...

Anyway, this time I'm complaining about my World Issues teacher. I've had her for the last three years of SOSE, and she has always been so incompetent. Now she's just being so incredibly annoying, I can't stand it.
She gave us an assignment about three weeks ago, but I got it a week late because I was sick. This assignment is a 1,000 research report on refugees. I asked for an extension because I got it late, plus the flood of other assignments I have is insane, and she just said no straight out. When I asked why, she wouldn't explain.
Then, on Friday, she hands out ANOTHER assignment, this time a fifteen minute oral presentation on terrorism, and we only have three days to prepare for it.
It's so annoying. I've lost all the time for things I like doing already because of these assignments, and now I'm going to have to stay up late tonight trying to finish that stupid research report and my presentation for Word Issues.

EDIT: Just re-read my assignment sheet for the research report, and it makes no sense whatsoever. I have no idea what I'm meant to be doing...
Mad Poster
#98 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 11:36 PM
I have a research paper over E. E. Cummings' life, times, and influence on avant-garde poetry due this Monday. It was assigned about a month ago, and while I'm trying to finish it this weekend, I just can't concentrate. At the risk of sounding incredibly conceited, I have a history of writing great, A+ research papers, but this one is throwing me for a loop. I just can't concentrate... MLA makes my head hurt, and even though a nine-page minimum is nothing to me (I'm already over the maximum ), I feel like I'm not doing enough.

Mad Poster
#99 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 7:46 AM
9 page minimum? And you're already over the maximum? Nice...

My Nutrition teacher is very, very unreasonable. I have an assignment due on Monday, and there is no real way I can finish it and hand it in by that date.
This assignment is a group assignment, and one of the members of my group can't do anything at all this week, and the two of us are going to be out of school on Thursday and Friday, so we can't work on it then. We are all busy all weekend as well. Then, on Monday and Tuesday, I'm going up to Sydney for a photography trip, and I won't be here, and neither will the third member of the group. We all have such a busy and interrupted week this week, and although it is a valid reason, we aren't allowed any extensions.
Mad Poster
#100 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 9:26 AM
Uhg... dissection...

It's gonna be horrible.

Page 4 of 6