Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED: Warrior Career (Custom Carpools, Uniforms, and Reward)

by FennShysa Posted 19th Jul 2007 at 10:58 PM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 6:00 PM by whiterider

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 10:24 AM
Wow what a great entry for the contest!!! Love it, wish you the best of luck for the contest and thank you!

Bre
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 1:40 PM
Thanks, I really appreciate the compliment. It would be nice to win.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 2:21 PM
Your Welcome And thank you for the update I dont think you will have a problem getting a place in the contest thanks again!

Bre
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 10:08 AM
Wow,
careers is something I'd never touch! I'm in awe of anybody who can deal with it.

Good luck, Leonie

Leonie
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 1:26 PM
Thanks. The mechanics of careers aren't all that difficult, sometimes it's difficult to find interesting things to write, though. Your Aries lot looks very nice. I'm not that much of a builder, myself. I get frustrated trying to make things work the way I want them to (connecting stairs the bane of my existance). Good luck to you too.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 9:56 AM
This career is just wonderfull. It always drives me mad when my medieval/fantasy sims have go have modern jobs... or fantasy jobs but go to work in cars.
Do you think it would be possible to make another version of the career that would replace one of the original Maxis ones? For people like me who play only the fantasy neiberhood it would be a change to get rid of something they never want to use, make the chance of getting the career a bit higher and also solve the problem with career LTW.

My medieval legacy: Rowena's Sims
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 2:31 PM
I'm sure it would be possible, I'm just not clear on how to do it. It might be as simple as using the same GUID as the career that you want to replace. It wouldn't bother me if someone wanted to make a version of my career that replaced a Maxis career. They would have to also get Hexameter's permission to use the carpools, though. As far as the lifetime wants go, I think there is some sort of cheat or hack to reroll one. So if you're running a fantasy neighborhood and you get a career-oriented lifetime want you could just force the game to give you a new one.

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 10:45 PM
Great idea for a career, FennShysa. My theme sims (& I of course ) are going to have a blast with this one. Thanks.

--- Tatiana ---

You can find out more about my creations at the SterlingSims2 Creator's Forum Tatiana's Tea Room.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 4:53 AM
Thanks, I have more on the way. Had to take a break to read the Harry Potter books, though.

Test Subject
#35 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 6:57 PM
Well, you've got my vote!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 9:45 PM
Thank you very much, it would be great to win.

Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 9:02 PM
very good. a bit similar to some of your careers but still very brilliant.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 9:37 AM
Thanks. Yes, it's a little similar to the Magic career (and to a certain extent, the Magic career for pets). That's because they are both based on Dungeons & Dragons. I plan on doing more in that vein. But first I have a kind of off-the-wall career that will be ready in just a couple of days. Keep a lookout.

Test Subject
#39 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 4:46 PM
this is great, its going in to my ancient celtic neighborhood!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 6:35 AM
Glad I could help.

Field Researcher
#41 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 2:32 PM
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I need for the fantasy neighboorhoods I have planned... I've been scrambling to find careers for my Suikoden V sims
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 7:50 PM
I'm glad you like it. I have two other fantasy careers with more on the way.

Test Subject
#43 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 10:39 AM
Dude this is awesome. I just downloaded this abd the Paladin carreer. You totally have to do Bard now!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 7:35 PM
Thanks! The bard is coming, slowly but surely.

Instructor
#45 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 9:24 AM
I found a small glitch in the Hansom vehicle: the driver is sitting lower tha he should and has the vehicle go through his neck. Must be painful
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:02 AM
What's happening there is that the hansom carpool is using the mesh of the rickshaw carpool and it is because I made them separately and forgot to test them together. They both worked fine separately without the other loaded into the game. In any event, I had just discovered that particular error a few days ago while I was working on my carpool replacements. I will be posting an updated version of the carpool so that that won't happen any more in a couple of days.

Test Subject
#47 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 4:51 PM
Nice but there's 2 minus:
1: Any houses, furnitures and any jobs i download doesn't work so this one counts too.
2: Check clothes from Rose (www.rosesims2.net) go to download, clothing then swing around the pages to find cool warrior clothes.
Hope u will create something cool from her ^^
Test Subject
#48 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 4:55 PM
Cuz those clothes aren't for warriors. Nevermind, can u help me with installing?
Test Subject
#49 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 4:57 PM
I created new FF warriors and i cant even find a good work for them T-T
Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 4:59 PM
"Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each." It's true? ok then can u try to create a work for FF?
Page 2 of 3