Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Abduction Effect Equalizer

by drake1storm Posted 8th Jul 2013 at 2:21 PM - Updated 13th Jul 2013 at 12:28 AM by drake1storm

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 2:36 PM
Love the mod you've made, drake1storm
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 3:03 PM
Thank you thank you thank you for this!!!
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 4:12 PM
I've been waiting for this for quite some time, thank you so much for sharing it. I do have one question, though. I've not been a big fan of male pregnancy, so can I use another mod that eliminates male pregnancy in conjunction with your mod, and not have a conflict?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 9:07 PM
All should be well, mate. This mod doesn't modify any files, and thus should be compatible with just about everything.

Also, you are welcome guys. Let me know if you have any ideas on where else to take this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 9:10 PM
I have a mod that lowers the chances of male pregnancy chances. If I use this mod will it decrease as well or is it independent and will still be at 33% even if I have a mod that decrease male pregnancy?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 9:28 PM
Currently it is set at 33%. I'm planning on working on this after dinner today, and fixing that issue is on my todo list.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 5:48 AM
I`m really very happy about your mod. I always thought that it's quite unjust that only males could have alien babies. I'm so thankful to you!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 9:54 AM
As I understand the pregnancy bit in the default game and from all my observation while playing, it is only my active sims who can be abducted by aliens and impregnated. Whereas I would like to see the inactives, those townies, being abducted and possibly impregnated by the aliens. Is it possible in your mod to turn this on for the inactives, or swap it around such that it is those other inactive sims who are targeted?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 10:51 AM
This is cool and useful as I'd prefer my female sims to be pregnant with aliens. So now at least they have a chance. Thank you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 1:07 PM
Shimrod, that is actually due to how EA does alien abductions. Only the active household is, currently, considered as valid abduction candidates. Now, if they were ever abducted, this mod should do its job well enough.

However, I will be adding that as something to look into.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 10:13 PM
wonder if there's any way to get supernaturals kid with the alien pregnancy since far as my results been, they seem immune to it.

But great work, downloading now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RShini
wonder if there's any way to get supernaturals kid with the alien pregnancy since far as my results been, they seem immune to it.

But great work, downloading now.

It is currently not possible. However, it will be possible in the next version, which should be out this weekend.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 2:27 PM
drake1storm,
Thank you, thank you, thank you soooo much! I have been begging for a mod like this since Seasons came out! It's never made sense to me that the males are the ones that get pregnant and it's always kinda creeped me out. I would have done this myself but they seem to have hidden that coding rather well. So, props to you for discovering it and being able to tweak it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 4:49 PM
This is really a wonderful mod. I LOVE this mod very much.
Thanks for making this. And I'm looking forward to news mods with higher chance of getting pregnant.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 6:19 PM
SO, yeah, the update is going to be a little delayed. Something is causing my test versions to not load all the time, and I can't make make much progress until I can test if it is working.
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 11:42 PM
For some reason, this is not working in my game. :c
My Sims have an action to go investigate the strange lights but there are no strange lights in the road and then the action just goes away after they stand there for a while.
Any idea why? I'm playing in Dragon Valley.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 2:27 PM
Could you make children also be able to be abducted? (But make them have a lower chance)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 4:06 AM
Thank you! I was rather irked when I found out female Sims couldn't spread around the alien DNA!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 8:49 PM
Sorry about the late replies, work has been rather nasty lately and has been causing several (both literal and figurative) headaches.

Siha- Several worlds suffer major pathing issues, including IP. This isn't so much a problem with this mod as EA flubbing their pathing.

OpelSpeedster- When I get the time to finish the next update, it should be a rather easy change using the "abduction simulator" bit I am trying to add with only a few changes. However, this would only be a simulated abduction, currently.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 11:01 PM
I'm looking forward to the improvements you have planned for this mod. But even as it is, it is going on my must-have list. Ever since I installed Seasons, I'd never get any natural alien pregnancies, because they always abduct the women - every single time! I got so fed up that I started using Pollinate to give abducted females their babies. All because I couldn't find a mod like this one. Thank you! ;D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 11:03 PM
This mod is so awesome drake1storm! I was beginning to wonder why none of my female sims were getting pregnant! AND I liked the funny pictures too :-D
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 10:03 AM Last edited by KyaraRose : 1st Sep 2013 at 11:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by drake1storm

Siha- Several worlds suffer major pathing issues, including IP. This isn't so much a problem with this mod as EA flubbing their pathing.

I'm having this issue too. Is there a mod or fix for pathing issues? I was really disappointed I didn't get abducted. I worked so hard and... nothing.... .

As for everyone else not being able to get the women pregnant by aliens... Umm you can fall in love with one and try for baby that way. I'm finding it hard to believe that no one knows that.... That's what I had to do because I couldn't get abducted, it got canceled.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 4:41 PM
Thank you....I never understood why they did guys only.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 7:39 AM
Does it still work with 1.57?
Page 1 of 2