Replies: 2061 (Who?), Viewed: 171492 times.
Page 83 of 83
Forum Resident
#2051 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 1:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellasaurus
Is there a way to recover an urn/tombstone for a sim that died while you were playing another lot? I have searched and searched and various solutions have always failed.

I thought maybe if I spawn the ghost, add to family, find some way to bring them back to life, then kill them off again? Is there a simpler way than this?

You can use LittleMsSam's mod, "release all ghosts & and get urn for" which lets you generate urn for any sim that died in this save so far. You can find it in this mod pack.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#2052 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 1:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhaeyn
You can use LittleMsSam's mod, "release all ghosts & and get urn for" which lets you generate urn for any sim that died in this save so far. You can find it in this mod pack.

OK so now I feel really effing stuuuuuuuupid.

Just loaded up the lot and started to do my list of things and lo and behold... The urn is in the kitchen! Admittedly half hidden in a counter, but it is there.

@Anhaeyn - that looks very useful though thanks!

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Scholar
#2053 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 3:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspear1
***Text***

Thank you, that was really helpful. Yeah, I thought that some of the sims had some function and I have even seen some of them working. The funny fact is that if I edit a sim from the Homeless side they show up in the Played sims bin afterwards. Good thing I did discover that.

(I wanted to give you a reply but edited out your text to keep the reply smaller. Hope you don't mind )
Lab Assistant
#2054 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 2:58 PM
I wanted to ask this before, but when I'm here, I always forget. Well now I'm remembering.

Does anyone else's game "buzz" ? Ever so often, usually during loading screens between lots, I get a buzz sound. It roughly lasts about a second or two then the loading continues. Nothing basically happens to the game or my gameplay other than the usual. But that quick unexpected buzzing sometimes scares me into thinking I'm about to lose my game - so I do a quick save when I can just in case. I can't figure why I'm getting the buzz, and just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

I'm planning a repair - or, if necessary, a complete re-install. Hopefully that'll fix it.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#2055 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 3:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikosay
... Does anyone else's game "buzz" ? Ever so often, usually during loading screens between lots, I get a buzz sound. It roughly lasts about a second or two then the loading continues. ...

Just sounds like loading lag to me, but I am not super techy so I could be way off. Does it happen on anything else (other programs/games, playing movies/music etc) that is of equal or larger memory usage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikosay
I'm planning a repair - or, if necessary, a complete re-install. Hopefully that'll fix it.

If it is loading lag this probably won't fix it (?) If it is a load lag issue then maybe an uninstall, then a defrag of the hard drive, then reinstall. That way the game files may be closer together on the HDD and be easier to load with less reliance on memory. Or of course, upgrade your RAM?

Do not do ANYTHING without back ups of everything (not just TS4 but all data)

Beautiful Dinosaur
#2056 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 5:14 PM
Sorry to double post but completely separate!

Is there a way to get the roomies at uni to put food on a surface rather than the floor? I have surrounded the area they dump it in with various surfaces but they still use the floor!

Lab Assistant
#2057 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 7:55 PM Last edited by dikosay : 20th Jan 2021 at 3:11 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellasaurus
Just sounds like loading lag to me, but I am not super techy so I could be way off. Does it happen on anything else (other programs/games, playing movies/music etc) that is of equal or larger memory usage?

If it is loading lag this probably won't fix it (?) If it is a load lag issue then maybe an uninstall, then a defrag of the hard drive, then reinstall. That way the game files may be closer together on the HDD and be easier to load with less reliance on memory. Or of course, upgrade your RAM?

Do not do ANYTHING without back ups of everything (not just TS4 but all data)

No, it doesn't happen on anything else I do on my computer - just the sims.

I have done a repair. Lets' see what happens.

24 hour update edit: No, it didn't work.
Lab Assistant
#2058 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 8:23 PM
Did they remove the holiday decoration tab in some patch? I haven't played for some time but now that I have picked it up again, it seems to be missing. It was quite handy... I'm not sure where to find the holiday deco these days.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2059 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 10:02 PM
What holiday deco tab? I don't even remember there being one.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#2060 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
What holiday deco tab? I don't even remember there being one.

When you open build/buy menu while there's active holiday (like winterfest, thanksgiving) game used to open themed holiday tab with related to this holiday objects, usually it was annoying me because I had to click it off everytime when I just wanted to buy random unrelated thing, but I noticed recently that game no longer does that and there's no separate tab for holiday stuff so you have to search for all the items now.
Lab Assistant
#2061 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhaeyn
When you open build/buy menu while there's active holiday (like winterfest, thanksgiving) game used to open themed holiday tab with related to this holiday objects, usually it was annoying me because I had to click it off everytime when I just wanted to buy random unrelated thing, but I noticed recently that game no longer does that and there's no separate tab for holiday stuff so you have to search for all the items now.

Exactly! It's kinda annoying... but I found a work around. By filtering on Seasons/Christmas stuff/Spooky stuff it's easier to find holiday stuff. It's an extra step but what can you do?
Field Researcher
#2062 Old Yesterday at 2:50 AM
Okay, so this isn't exactly a question about the game, but rather about a couple of career mods for it.

I decided to update my game (which I have not done since the summer of 2018), so I'm hunting around for updated mods that work with the latest patch level. All well and good--except that another new update is coming in a few days, and I know darn well that everything will probably break all over again. With the belated implementation of the new Fear emotion, I think I'm pretty justified in thinking that I should just grab the mods that work currently and hunker down while the update-related chaos ensues.

So, if anyone uses any of the custom careers found here: https://midnitetech.tumblr.com/careers
How are they working for you?

I know they were never updated for the Snow-themed pack's patch level, but I am wondering if there is any chance at all that they are not completely broken. And if they are a bit busted, is there any way I can fix them for myself? I don't know the first thing about modding for TS4, but I'm willing to learn since there's a very good chance I'll go on yet another long update hiatus.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Page 83 of 83