Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 3:52 AM
Default "Cannot create a file when that file already exists."
I keep getting this error when I try to export my mod package. Any solutions?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 12:52 PM
I May Have Found A Fix!
Quote: Originally posted by nightgate
I keep getting this error when I try to export my mod package. Any solutions?

Mod Constructor - "Cannot create a file when that file already exists."

For me, I had downloaded the wrong version of Python. I downloaded the most recent version which is version 3.8.2 as opposed to the recommended 3.7.0. After realising this, I Uninstalled and installed the current version (3.7.0). I tried to export my package again as was met with the error you mention above: 'Cannot Create File When File Already Exists'.

Solution:

1) Firstly, ensure that you have downloaded the correct version of Python (3.7.0)!!! If you have not got or downloaded this version then please Remove/Uninstall any other version of Python BEFORE you download the correct version.

2) Open the file where you have downloaded/exported 'Mod Constructor' to. Then click Mods>'YourModTile'>Python. Delete the files in this folder that have the name of the mod you want to export. There should be a Python File and a Compiled Python File (these are what you want to delete). Then Click the _pycache_ folder and delete all the files here. This is where I found 2 compiled Python Files (one for version 3.7.0 and one for 3.8.1), so I assume that Mod Constructor was not able to save the file due to a conflict of version and thus produced the '...File Already Exists' error.

3) Reboot Mod Constructor and try to save again. Hopefully, you can now save as I have been able to!

Cheers