Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 1606 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 6:44 PM Last edited by engdalmagnus01 : 25th Jan 2020 at 11:42 PM.
Default New Medieval German Town Neighborhood
Hey! I am once again embarking on a new project! I have for a long time wanted to create a realistic medieval world for the Sims. The name of the project is Marienburg. Lots, streets etc will be in German (descriptions of households and lots in English). The setting is in the 13/14th centuries, and there will be many different neighborhoods within the city, such as a Jewish quarter. Many churches and monasteries, plazas and other points of interest dot the city.

As of now, I am still in the beginning phase of the project, with most of the walled city sketched out. Please let me know what you think, by my screenshots added below.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 5:30 PM
I think this looks good from an early standpoint. Share more pictures as it gets further developed.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 3:20 PM
I think it looks great! Love the medieval setting, though it does immediately create a certain expectation of, as this classic sketch puts it, plague victims crawling elegantly in its dung-filled streets.

Hypocrisy is only okay if I do it.
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#4 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 6:41 PM Last edited by tizerist : 24th Jan 2020 at 6:53 PM.
That is certainly a good base to start from. I like the way you’ve clustered stuff together, that’s really good.
EDIT: Wait, what happened to your other German town??

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2020 at 5:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizerist
That is certainly a good base to start from. I like the way you’ve clustered stuff together, that’s really good.
EDIT: Wait, what happened to your other German town??

I stopped working on it, my building style has changed a lot since then!
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 8:40 PM
Sounds ambitious but interesting! Will look forward to seeing progress shots!
Cheers!