Replies: 10290 (Who?), Viewed: 419767 times.
Page 412 of 412
Scholar
#10276 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 12:02 AM
I recreated this scene from Lost in TS2 when the series first came out and that's how I discovered "leaping into arms" is a romantic interaction.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Lab Assistant
#10277 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 12:24 AM
I've noticed with my recent BACCs that having plantsims or servos in the challenge would make BACC incredibly easy to finish, because you can create/give a birth to pretty much infinite amount of sims with them (if the servo has the golden robotics badge which i think it will have if one doesn't have a mod that doesn't make the servo get the badges from the creator automatically?). The hardest part is just to have a sim become plantsim and to have a sim get the golden badge to create the first servo.

It doesn't help that plantsims can also have babies even when elders and that plantsims age very quickly, meaning you could make multiple generations in just very short amount of time. You could even finish Legacy challenge very quickly with just plantsims. With servos you could just have one sim either make multiple servos and/or have the servos create new servos.

Not that i dislike it though. I don't do this myself because it feels very cheaty but i'm sure it'd be useful info for people who want to finish a challenge quickly.
Scholar
#10278 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 3:52 AM
One small correction though: Servos get the skills of the sim that started them, but not badges. They will instead get random badges. Could be gold, silver or bronze, several or none.
Doesn't matter if the sim that made them has all 11 badges in gold, they still get random badges.

#10279 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 3:52 PM
I wanna build right now.
No, play.
No, build!
No, PLAY!

And continue the argument for however long it takes to start up the game.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10280 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 4:53 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 30th Dec 2020 at 7:22 PM.
PLAY!!

I always want to play. I think building is a chore. But my Sims need somewhere to live, somewhere to shop and somewhere to go and enjoy themselves.

And I suppose there's a sense of satisfaction when I see them happily living, shopping and enjoying themselves in places I built for them.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Scholar
#10281 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 5:06 PM
I don't build often, but when I do I get in the zone.

Mad Poster
#10282 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 1:04 AM
Thought about sharing my Egyptian 'hood, Nhw-Wr, but when it came time to sort out what CC I used I realized I had over 2GB of CC used for the neighborhood. So that won't work for sharing it unless I uploaded my entire CC folder and said hey, download this and you'll have all you ever need to run any neighborhood of mine. But that's not practical...

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
Mad Poster
#10283 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 6:02 AM
This is one of the worse cases of writer's block I've had when it comes to lot descriptions... I have another lot all finished and tested and ready to take pictures of, but I can't figure out a story that I'm happy with. And it doesn't help that my approach to writing lot descriptions pretty much renders any "how to write a story" guides useless, since I'm very deliberately NOT trying to wrap things up or lead towards one specific conclusion- quite the opposite, in fact.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#10284 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 4:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
This is one of the worse cases of writer's block I've had when it comes to lot descriptions... I have another lot all finished and tested and ready to take pictures of, but I can't figure out a story that I'm happy with. And it doesn't help that my approach to writing lot descriptions pretty much renders any "how to write a story" guides useless, since I'm very deliberately NOT trying to wrap things up or lead towards one specific conclusion- quite the opposite, in fact.

Kurt Vonnegut had one way of ending a story which works.
"And so it goes.."
He was a pretty good writer, too, don't you think?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Lab Assistant
#10285 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 5:15 PM
Today in my job searching notifications I got an ad for a position at a belgian company called "Whoohoo"

(edit: actually it is not the name of the company but the recruiting agency, still funny though)
#10286 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 5:15 PM
Simday 5 of playing the Newsons, I still have not learned all their names.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Instructor
#10287 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 9:45 PM
Reporting youtube channel WooHoo for NSFW content just to feel something
Scholar
#10288 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 7:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur_Oshima
Today in my job searching notifications I got an ad for a position at a belgian company called "Whoohoo"

(edit: actually it is not the name of the company but the recruiting agency, still funny though)

What position was it?

Lab Assistant
#10289 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 4:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra

Just wanted to say I absolutely love and am in awe of your lot descriptions!
Mad Poster
#10290 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 9:22 PM
Never thought that after installing The Sims 2 I need change files in so many places. It took me whole day to replace them and it is not yet finished, I haven't touched Scriptorium yet. But i took my time to try out Win10test hood and was surprised to see Pleasantview townies again (forgot disable that one )
Mad Poster
#10291 Old Yesterday at 7:37 PM
Chatting about games with the family (multiple teen boys and husband in the conversation with me).

"Minecraft is so ugly."
"But so popular."
"What does that tell you guys?" (me)
"Game graphics don't matter?"
"No, that's not right. Game graphics do matter. Look at Dark Souls."
"They just don't matter as much as game engine."
"Given that people are still playing Sims 2,"
"We know, Ma!"
"And you can mod it to look exactly like Skyrim or Fallout or whatever other game, because people have extracted the meshes and textures and converted them, if you design a game put all your money into the engine and let the modders have access for the rest."
"So . . . get people to work for free?"
"Yup! Pretty much."

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 412 of 412