Replies: 16 (Who?), Viewed: 4412 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 2:58 AM Last edited by engdalmagnus01 : 22nd Jul 2019 at 2:58 PM.
Default Pompeii neighborhood
Description: Due to the recent earthquake and a shortage of new slaves from conquered lands, the Roman city of Pompeii has in recent years been deteriorating. Still, life goes on in this beautiful coastal city.

I am working on a Pompeii world. It is currently in the beginning stage, but I think this will be a success. The setting is in the first century, before the fall of Rome and the eruption of the Vesuvius volcano.
The world features a Roman amphitheatre and theatre, a forum, a bath and other community and residential lots relevant to life in Ancient Rome. There are roads in this world, so I would advice installing a no-vehicle mod when playing it when I release the download. The world uses Monte Vista store content objects (ruins, distant terrain etc).

Obviously I just recently began the work on this world, so there is a lot to be done. Below are screenshots of how it currently looks.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 8:39 AM
I have always wanted to do something like this! I am sure you will do it far better! This looks wonderful so far and I cannot wait to watch the progress on this. I love the themes you pick for worlds!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 7:29 PM
Woah. This really speaks to the Roman phase I had about 8 years ago. I was fascinated with ancient Rome for a while and built a variety of villas and insulae in TS3. This world is beautiful already.

Hypocrisy is only okay if I do it.
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 8:26 PM Last edited by engdalmagnus01 : 18th Jul 2019 at 5:54 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyCalledPi
Woah. This really speaks to the Roman phase I had about 8 years ago. I was fascinated with ancient Rome for a while and built a variety of villas and insulae in TS3. This world is beautiful already.

Thank you!! I too am in a fascination with ancient civilization right now. I had to attempt making Pompeii in the Sims after visiting Italy this summer and seeing the Pompeii movie.
I included more pictures below!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 8:28 PM
Have you tried using the Egyptian windows from WA, the ones with the woodwork over them? I found they kind of look like something you might've seen in the Western Roman era.

Hypocrisy is only okay if I do it.
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 9:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyCalledPi
Have you tried using the Egyptian windows from WA, the ones with the woodwork over them? I found they kind of look like something you might've seen in the Western Roman era.

yes, I find that window, and the other tomb window from WA work in this world, as well as the matching 1x1 door.
Screenshots
Theorist
#7 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 9:29 AM
I really like what you are doing. This looks great!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 7:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
I really like what you are doing. This looks great!

thanks, I am glad you like it mods l would suggest using in a Roman setting is "No Shopping from Fridge", and some kind of no car/taxi/carpool mod to make it more difficult and again, realistic.
Theorist
#9 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 9:56 PM
I really like the look of this. Its amazing the way theres hundreds of medieval hoods out there in Ts3 but no Roman ones.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Theorist
#10 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 9:54 AM
I wanted to do Atlantis and may try again someday. Got frustrated with the one I was working on and did my Greek Island world instead. I love what you are doing and hope I can get back to doing this someday somewhat soon. I miss working in CAW.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 5:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
I wanted to do Atlantis and may try again someday. Got frustrated with the one I was working on and did my Greek Island world instead. I love what you are doing and hope I can get back to doing this someday somewhat soon. I miss working in CAW.

I think an Atlantis world would be cool. Could do something similar as a diving lot in this world, in Roman style. Thanks fo the idea! I`m happy you like it. I am making progress on this world and I really am enjoying it too! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 5:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizerist
I really like the look of this. Its amazing the way theres hundreds of medieval hoods out there in Ts3 but no Roman ones.

Yes! And the Roman ruin set that came with MV is amazing and fits perfectly. Thank you
Theorist
#13 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 10:10 AM
You could do a really cool bath house with outside pools as well. Watched a documentary about Petra and there were some amazing ones there. I have a mostly done world in a somewhat ancient style and did a somewhat bath house in it. But you can do a far more interesting one I am sure.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Feb 2020 at 6:55 PM
Dude this is really cool! If you have any questions about the roman lifestyle, I'm an ancient history graduate. I might not be able to answer all, but I can ask my professors :D
Theorist
#15 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 1:11 AM
I hope this is still being worked on. That is the only good thing about what is going on now, that we actually are going back and getting some things done.
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 4:45 PM
Impressive project, keep up the good work!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 10:17 PM
This is beautiful! Love how much details you put into the buildings, all the way to the rooftop. I have a gladiator RH custom career as a work in progress - the arena would be perfect to disappear in for work!