Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 9:50 PM Last edited by grandma_on_a_kiling_spree : 18th Nov 2020 at 5:44 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 and 3 freezes my laptop completely (SOLVED)
My laptop is able to run Sims 2 and 3 perfectly fine by looking at its specs but it still often completely freezes almost always ONLY when I open The Sims that I need to restart my pc. The chance is higher if the laptop is charging. Are games the problem or my laptop?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 10:29 PM
Check your power settings; if your laptop is being charged then maybe it's in energy saving mode, which would mean that the performance may be capped.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 6:32 AM
I had things like that happen years ago when I had a computer fan that was broken and had to send the computer out for repairs.The fan ended up being replaced and it's not done that ever since then unless Windows crashes.It can also happen if you have an older style hard drive and it's badly fragmented which is what can make my computer crash because of Windows crashing.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Check your power settings; if your laptop is being charged then maybe it's in energy saving mode, which would mean that the performance may be capped.

Thank you so much!!!! It doesn't happen anymore.
I set my performance to low on purpose thinking it would save my battery. I thought I downloaded some sort of a virus that couldn't be detected when I was downloading CC.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 6:37 PM
Well done for fixing it! You might find it best to play Sims 2 and 3 with your laptop plugged in, because if it suddenly shuts down during gameplay you can lose progress.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 1:22 PM Last edited by vesko_sims3 : 24th Nov 2020 at 1:17 PM.
Hi! When I manage to enhance my Sims 3 game performance I used the steps in this thread :
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfi.../?id=1131162350
Also if you have ASUS gaming laptop, you can use a program to create a custom scenario like power usage, fan speed and more with Armoury Create. Plus there are fixed version of different EA wolds by @ellacharmed.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Well done for fixing it! You might find it best to play Sims 2 and 3 with your laptop plugged in, because if it suddenly shuts down during gameplay you can lose progress.

I can't even count how many times that happened to me
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 8:01 PM
It's very easy to lose track of time when playing, @grandma_on_a_kiling_spree !
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 8:53 PM
I tried almost everything to enhance my sims 3 performance...but at the end it work not so well. Recently i experiance terrible lag/freezing while creating or recreate a sim in CAS Can somebody help me?
Forum Resident
#10 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vesko_sims3
I tried almost everything to enhance my sims 3 performance...but at the end it work not so well. Recently i experiance terrible lag/freezing while creating or recreate a sim in CAS Can somebody help me?

This is the Sims 2 forum. You should have better luck if you ask in the Sims 3 forum.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vesko_sims3
But the heading of the thread says "Lag/Freezing - Sims 2 and 3 freezes my laptop completely (SOLVED)" Im sure that 3 in it says its also for The Sims 3 If this threat is all about The Sims 2, then why that 3 is in the heading?

Because I play Sims 2 atm but this happens to both games
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 4th Dec 2020 at 10:57 PM