Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#1876 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 4:19 PM
I like everything. And confused. Possibly I won't participate cottagecore theme.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1877 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 9:31 PM
umm so I completely expanded that little cottage I started into a full blown Gothic/ Tudor Revival manor
Floor plans to follow but liking the exterior
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1878 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 7:11 PM
Here is A few exterior shots and the Floorplans! As you can see I completely expanded to this !!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1879 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 6:11 PM
Testing the 1st cottage, and so far everything works out. All chairs and sofas are useable, and there are no severe routing issues when manoeuvring, only when 2 sims want to use the stairs at the same time.
Nothing is blocking doors, but Sims do use the whole lot to navigate into and out of the house (Leaving through the sideporch, re-entering through the front door).

These results however are statisfying enough for me, and I think the Saltbox cottage will yield the same results.

As for bathing dogs, my Sim was able to stand infront of the tub, and call Doggo, but Doggo refused, though he wasn't complaining about not being able to go there in any way. Just refused. Might have to check on that, but again, the home isn't planned with pets in mind, and there's barely any space to place pet items.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1880 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 8:43 PM
Users could make special houses for bath pets outdoors. Just leave some free space in the back yard for that. I remember pet baths for outdoors were in Sims 1. Aaaah. They were so delicious! They would fit.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#1881 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 5:23 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 15th Jul 2021 at 3:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Users could make special houses for bath pets outdoors. Just leave some free space in the back yard for that. I remember pet baths for outdoors were in Sims 1. Aaaah. They were so delicious! They would fit.

The issue is not whether dogs can be bathed outdoors, they certainly can, simply by placing a Maxis tub somewhere outside. Additionally, there are at least 2 CC outdoor-type tubs, that I'm aware of, made especially for dog bathing.
The issue is realism. While it's realistic to bathe dogs outdoors in the summertime, it is not during wintertime. If a player doesn't care about that, there's no problem. Or if it's a house made for a desert neighborhood there would also be no problem in that regard, since even wintertimes are warm in the desert.
Or the house owners can just get a cat. Not every house has to be dog friendly.
Like I said previously, the dog bathing issue is nothing more than a pet-peeve of mine (no pun intended), and almost none of the Lot uploads here at MTS or elsewhere even take the issue into consideration. They should, in my opinion, but most Lot makers don't go that extra mile.
Theorist
#1882 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 7:25 PM
Johnny won't do that anyways. He said already that his house is not for dogs. :D
I don't see any reason for disputes. Just wanna say winter bathhouses exists in this world! And we call it here Banya.

Alchemist
#1883 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 1:23 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 14th Jul 2021 at 3:29 PM.
Doggy bathing somewhat works. The dog can get in and get washed, but can't leave the tub unless the toilet is moved. This shouldn't be a problem in the Saltbox Cottage since it has a bigger bathroom.

Edit: The Saltbox has the basic pet needs, place to sleep, food and a toy.
Fireplaces work without incidents. Routing works fine, Sims can pass each other on the stairs. I have included a feature in the Saltbox which may not be weather-proof, pics will follow.

Edit2: Jesus Christ, how much can one fuck up taking pictures. Accidentally deleted all the pictures I had, and while re-taking them I accidentally closed the game

Anyway: Will this area cause a problem? It's open to below, directly under the roof.
Screenshots

#1884 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 9:40 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 14th Jul 2021 at 9:50 PM. Reason: conclusion
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Anyway: Will this area cause a problem? It's open to below, directly under the roof.

You won't know until you test ^_^ Well I decided to test it with Gavaigans and made an improvised shelter likewise your house. I made second floor with halfwall and trapped them there.
Well, with worst weather there is no snow animation in this room. And they were not change to outdoors clothing. However after a half of the day spended, this pair got frozen, start to caugh and rub their hands to warm themselves. Their frozen state wasn't drop below the certain level. Everything come fine when you place there a battery.
And first floor space was totally fine when I deleted floor tiles under roof piece. It's still warm and weather proof as usual.

SO my conclusion that second floor space works like a balcony. Or partly weather-proof space.
Screenshots

Alchemist
#1885 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 1:31 PM
That's exactly the reason I came here, to ask the professionals to save me from testing that bit Seems to be working though

#1886 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 3:01 PM

I don't think there should be a problem with that, weather-wise, by the looks of it.
I did have to look at it for about 30 seconds before figuring out what I was looking at because it's kind of an odd configuration, imo. If you want some kind of opening there by the stairs, maybe instead try a dormer with a window?

Try to remember, folks, that you can always put a ceiling across an area, which will definitely make an area weather proof. The Sims don't care about vaulted ceilings, and pitched roofs are mainly for exterior show and don't really mean much on the inside of a house. (I know this doesn't apply to Johnny's house in this particular case, but maybe Victor's.)
Alchemist
#1887 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 4:34 PM
The dormer thought has crossed my minds several times. I think these are 2 options:
Option 1 is a small, 2x2 dormer which adds natural light and space for a study corner.

Option 2 is going all out with a huge dormer, adding a 2nd bathroom + a 4th bedroom. Plenty of extra space, but still no natural light in the hallway.

Screenshots

#1888 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 5:20 PM
Either dormer would be better than the half-wall opening to the floor below, imo, although if you go with the big dormer I would not add another bedroom (bathroom is ok), but just leave the area open as a loft. Keep in mind that if you add another bedroom it would mean possibly having 5 Sims trying to move around on that second floor and I can't help but think that the narrow corridor would be very problematical. It's already crowded with 3 bedrooms, imo.
Another option with the large dormer would be to combine the two existing small bedrooms into one larger one (getting rid of part of that long narrow hallway) and add a third bedroom in the area where you now have the bathroom.
Man, I'm so tempted to fire up my game and play around with this layout myself...
Theorist
#1889 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 5:46 PM
I know Johnny you did not ask for my opinion but am into little dormer. That looks neat ❤

Theorist
#1890 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 6:07 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 15th Jul 2021 at 7:19 PM.
I couldn't resist. How about something like this:

Presumably there's already a full bath downstairs, so instead of that little toilet stall bath you could instead add the area to the bedroom or loft or both.

This one would actually be better, with a full bath (no dog bathing though) and natural light in the loft/hallway:

Optionally, you could enlarge the main bedroom by adding the 3 squares from the adjacent smaller bedroom to it.
Alchemist
#1891 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 6:08 PM
I know Johnny you did not ask for my opinion but am into little dormer. That looks neat ❤

I'm asking anyone and everyone here, Vic :D

Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob

That looks neat, roomy bedrooms and a study loft. I think a 2nd bathroom could be useful, since a Sim would have to walk through the whole house from upstairs, just to reach the bathroom. They could miss a few Sim-hours of sleep, just by going to the toilet.

#1892 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 6:33 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 15th Jul 2021 at 6:46 PM.
That looks neat, roomy bedrooms and a study loft. I think a 2nd bathroom could be useful, since a Sim would have to walk through the whole house from upstairs, just to reach the bathroom. They could miss a few Sim-hours of sleep, just by going to the toilet.

I added another plan, better I think because it has a full bath - take a look.
Yes, I like bedrooms no smaller than 3x3 for a single bed, and no narrow hallways.
Yeah, I know two of the bedrooms have doors that are in the corner, which is not ideal, but it's a small house.
Also, in the main bedroom if you don't mind putting the bed against the window at the front of the house it may be a furniture layout that makes a little more sense, but no big deal either way. You could even put the bed against the wall next to the door, whatever you like.
Theorist
#1893 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 6:36 PM
Why loft would be for study ? I'd rather made it dog's corner. Because ScaryRob's plan allows dogs! Anyways I am into little dormer Lalala. I am here to throw fairy dust that will bring you confusion. I like dogs but also a little dormer. Lalala. I am old drunk pixie. Don't mind me.

Theorist
#1894 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 7:53 PM
SO my conclusion that second floor space works like a balcony. Or partly weather-proof space.

I don't understand the problem with the second floor in your house at all, Victor. You should be able to add a ceiling across both of those rooms, making it all weatherproof regardless of the pitched roof layout.
Wait, is it because of that opening by the stairs? What is that opening for? Maybe you also need a dormer there, like in Johnny's house.
Theorist
#1895 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 4:03 PM
There is a scratch for test Johnny's house situation. Hope that was helpful. It will be demolished, ScaryRob. I am not interested in developing. That's why I don't wanna add ceiling tiles and place there dormers.
I'd like to see Johnny's house progress. I will wait for the final result.

Alchemist
#1896 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 4:03 PM
I went for the 2nd option, had to remove one 2-tile window in the back, but it still looks fine from the outside.
Screenshots

#1897 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 7:01 PM
Great!!

Theorist
#1898 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 9:29 PM
I went for the 2nd option, had to remove one 2-tile window in the back, but it still looks fine from the outside.

Why? Just move the showertub to the opposite wall in the bathroom and then you can place both 2-tile windows:

Looks good to me:

(No matter how you place the showertub, you won't be able to bathe dogs.)
Theorist
#1899 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 11:09 PM
(No matter how you place the showertub, you won't be able to bathe dogs.)

Just to make it clear for me. I thought that he will. But my guessing is based on this Cat's pic shooted for Bravo House:
https://thumbs.modthesims2.com/img/...thRoofProof.jpg
There was a bath tube. Does the same work with combos?

Alchemist
#1900 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 1:43 AM
Why?

I had the 2-tile window exactly in the middle of the dormer. I'll try your placement and decide by the exterior look.

Page 76 of 98