Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#476 Old 4th Mar 2013 at 9:53 PM
You are correct, as I said I have not looked into the accessories method yet but will eventually. One problem we have with accessories is that CAS has too few slots and every time you put something in one of the existing categories you loose something else. My blush, eyeshadow, etc are getting quite full already. I still would like to have a mod that expands CAS to add more slots. I tried XCAS from TS3 but although it did not crash it did not work either.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#477 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 6:01 PM
Default failed :(
I tried to make a female body tatt using the clothing method, and based off afbody, which I packaged using the clothing tutorial; but it does not work, the game does not even display the thumb in CAS. I failed

I am attaching a 7z of all the files including the non-working package, if someone can please help me. I really want to learn this stuff so if you can find the problem and fix my file, please let me know where I went wrong. Thank you very much.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  afbodytatt_project.7z (4.46 MB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#478 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 9:54 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 5th Mar 2013 at 11:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
I tried to make a female body tatt using the clothing method, and based off afbody, which I packaged using the clothing tutorial; but it does not work, the game does not even display the thumb in CAS. I failed

I am attaching a 7z of all the files including the non-working package, if someone can please help me. I really want to learn this stuff so if you can find the problem and fix my file, please let me know where I went wrong. Thank you very much.

Check the settings in the casp for starters. You should spot the problems with it straight off.
So is this going to be a tattoo placed on a skintone? If it is you just need to put the tattoo on the skintone and it will appear in the game, no need for the mesh info unless you want to use a different nude mesh than the one the game is using. (My default nude mesh is Grim's enhanced female mesh, but if I make knickers & bras or crop tops or whatever as clothing, I use the original game mesh so the nipples don't show through whatever the top is, unless they're meant to be topless).
If it's going to be a clothing file I assume the sim is going to be naked wearing nothing but the tattoo?
The tattoo is placed on the wrong file for either of these to work anyway. It needs to be on the same ones you use when you edit the skintone.
The only way tattoos are going to work properly with numerous outfits in the clothing section is if CAS is modified to allow clothing to be layered one on top of the other, and then you could take your naked tattoo clothing and put another clothing on top of it.
I think the easiest thing to do all round would be to have it as an accessory, which would remain under any clothing and when naked...unless you're thinking of something that I've completely missed?
Field Researcher
#479 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 10:44 PM
The reason I used the mesh (it is the standard barbie doll from the game) was that I was trying to keep it when the sim gets naked, like taking a bath. It really bugs me that tatts fall off when sims get naked. I intended it to be used with all the skintones in the package, and I was not sure about putting it on the image where I did. It seemed to me that it might work so I tried but as yo say I was wrong there. Yes, as you said, I intended this to be a naked body tatt; it would not show up with most of the clothing anyway. I will have a go at editing the CASP and move it to the skin images. I hope that works, but since you say it will then I am confident.

I agree we need a CAS edit to do tatts properly, but want to fill the gap for now since there is interest in this. As far as accessory tatts, I am hesitant to do that. Since accessories appear over the clothing it would not be feasible for tatts I think. Also, as I mentioned previously I was wanting to make them so nothing else would be lost and wit the limited slots we have you always loose something.

So, as they say, back to the drawing board. I modified the album art from a Leonard Cohen album to make the actual tatt and like the way it looks. I think that it might look better if I greyscale it first, which I will also look at doing. I will also try doing one without the mesh and see how it turns out.

Thank you for your help.
Scholar
#480 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 8:43 AM
Tattoo as accessory. Made for TS3 by Marla Zarakorah. I made one that said just 'Sims' in black across one arm to test it out, but these are far more impressive
(Modified consorts outfit, and underwear by me, Lipstick by Cuniculosa)

beep, beep
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#481 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 11:41 PM
Nice tatts, I am glad to see they work. Do they stay on when she bathes? Any chance you can post them?
Instructor
#482 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 5:41 AM
Nice glowing Tron like boobies. JK

Great work Chickie. You always amaze me with what you are able to do. I think my clothing tutorial would benefit from your expertise. You have obviuosly gone further with this type of mod than I have.
Field Researcher
#483 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 1:12 PM
Default latest on my tatts mod
OK, I am getting closer to having a tatt that stays on even when the sim is naked. In fact, since the skin does not show at all (transparent body) if I try to use this with the naked clothing mod or as naked clothing; when the sim gets naked is the only time you can see the tatt (it is otherwise covered by clothing). The thing is though that I am getting close on this one. It seems to me I still am having an instance ID issue with cloning.

I am posting a screenshot and a 7z of the package if anyone has a moment to help me debug this.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  amBodytatt.7z (5.67 MB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#484 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
Nice tatts, I am glad to see they work. Do they stay on when she bathes? Any chance you can post them?

Sorry I didn't see this post before. Haven't tried them in the bath but they should stay on all the time (naked clothing, sleeping, bathing etc). Busy day, just sitting down to have a coffee or I'd test that just now for you.
The tattoos pictured aren't mine so I can't upload them, and I just made a boring tattoo that said 'sims' rather than spend ages on it, since tattoos aren't really my thing.
Field Researcher
#485 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 9:45 PM
No Problemo. No hurry either, I will just keep chipping away until I crack it. Have a nice cup of Joe, enjoy your day. :D
Instructor
#486 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 6:24 AM
I've looked at your package, and it seems you've used my cloner. The issue I see is in your trying to make a unique naked clothing. I think something must have gone wrong in creating your body blends. However, since you're not mesing with the mesh, I'd suggest you not use my cloner. Try this pack and see if it's what your looking for. If it is and you have questions about how or why let me know.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ambodytattgrim.zip (5.13 MB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#487 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 7:52 PM
Default body tatt
OK, I was able to successfully make a nude body for my tatts now, however I am still running into the same problem. When I use the mod it replaces all the default skin colors with the ones that have the tatt, but if I am using my custom skin colors mod then all the tatts disappear. I thought before the problem was that I needed a body, but now I see it is the skin clothing images. I need to change them to some other instance ID's so they will not confuse the game it seems. The problem is I do not know what to change the IID numbers into. Any insights on this?

I am attaching a screenshot and a 7z of the package. Once I get this wrinkle ironed out it is only a matter of adjusting my tatts to fit properly so the flames are on her arms rather than going under them, no big thing doing that.
Screenshots
Scholar
#488 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 10:19 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 11th Mar 2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: forgot to add the bit about committing the changes.
Take a note of the current instance ID
Write the name of your file in the resource box and then hit fnv 64.
Write down the new instance ID
Select the CASP, hit grid and then export the xml.
Open the xml and look for the old instance then change it to your new one
Save the xml
Select the casp again
hit grid
import the changed xml and 'commit' the changes
save your package and try it in game.
(and don't trust me, this is just off the top of my head, save your package as a new file rather than overwrite your old one till you try it out.....and remember to remove the old one from the package folder while you test it, I'm bad for that lol)
Instructor
#489 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 5:26 AM
I've been messing with tattoos, and I have them working well, but they keep adding the object I cloned it from too. I think the key is an accessory that has no mesh references. Truely I can clone lipstick and make a tattoo, but for some reason it still adds the lipstick, on the lips. I think a clean CASP will fix it, but I do think that the tattoo answer lies in cloning makeup. I'll keep looking.
Field Researcher
#490 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 1:09 AM
You keep working on the accessory angle Grim, I had a windows crash from which I could not recover and lost my game in the process of reinstalling windows (and some other things too: I am currently trying to put things back together again. Hopefully I can get the game to reinstall eventually, it is giving me some problems with that. Once I am back and running I want to try the latest method outlined by ChickieTeeta and see if that helps. From reading her post I am hopeful. Thank you ChickieTeeta for your guidance in that, and thank you Grim for fitting this project into your busy schedule.
Test Subject
#491 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 9:44 AM
I think it would've been nice to have aging or at least different styles of clothing and face kits that imitate aging... The idea of kids that never grow up reminds me of sims 1. And not in the warm, nostalgic way either... more like the annoyed, "forever stuck" way.
Scholar
#492 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jbakerpr88
I think it would've been nice to have aging or at least different styles of clothing and face kits that imitate aging... The idea of kids that never grow up reminds me of sims 1. And not in the warm, nostalgic way either... more like the annoyed, "forever stuck" way.

You can age the kids very easily, without having to retire the parent first, using Grim's core.

I find the age slider doesn't look like it's having much effect in CAS, but when back in the world the wrinkles are very evident, again you can access 'edit in CAS' using Grim's core (or Treeag's Edit in CAS mod) to apply the aging whenever you feel it's necessary for a sim to 'age up'.
Field Researcher
#493 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 8:37 AM
Of course, if you want more wrinkles you can just modify the images for them.
Field Researcher
#494 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 8:54 PM
I discovered something interesting about the tatts. If I run both my tatts body mod and the nude skin mod, then use the nude skin mod to put on the tatt, then remove the tatts body mod... I end up with just the one sim with tatts. This is the result I was after although a hard way to do it.
Instructor
#495 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 1:29 AM
Truely, Silver, I think your goal lies in accessories without a mesh linkage. Give me a bit.
Test Subject
#496 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jbakerpr88

How high are your graphics settings? The wrinkles actually catch the light and show up quite a bit if you have... I think it was the advanced 2d shaders checkbox on.
Instructor
#497 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 11:30 PM Last edited by grimreefer24601 : 23rd Mar 2013 at 11:59 PM.
I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and with the other stuff I've figured out, I may be able to figure out or at least fake aging. I can force an age up. I can also add timers, add callbacks, add almost what ever. I think autonomous aging is my next impossible I want to conquer. I think I have the basics, and ideas on how to bring it further.
Scholar
#498 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and with the other stuff I've figured out, I may be able to figure out or at least fake aging. I can force an age up. I can also add timers, add callbacks, add almost what ever. I think autonomous aging is my next impossible I want to conquer. I think I have the basics, and ideas on how to bring it further.

That would certainly be an excellent feature to have in an eternal kingdom.
Scholar
#499 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 6:24 PM
Thinking along the tattoo lines...How viable is it to make skintones as tattoos so your chosen defaults don't have to be over-ridden? I mean tattoos stay on when naked so logically they should take a bath etc in a "tattoo skintone" and hopefully it won't ever be noticeable that it's not 'real, so to speak. I haven't tried it yet though, just a thought.

Another thought, which SilverPrinz touched on a while back, is if there's a way to add more categories in CAS.
I'm thinking a simpler solution to the limited sections to place accessories, would be to allow items to be layered in the make up section, so more than 1 accessory per section can be worn at a time, if that's possible.
Instructor
#500 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 10:52 PM Last edited by grimreefer24601 : 25th Mar 2013 at 11:56 PM.
I have tattoos mostly figured out, in fact with the right changes you can use the sims 3 Tattooinater by CmarNYC. There's still some bugs, and I'm looking into a core option to expand the CAS menu to allow it. I think it's possible, just need some time to mess with it.

Here's my test shots, note though that it's a multicolorable tatt which I haven't got working yet.

It does however work with every skin, is shower proof, and clothing proof. I've almost got it.
Screenshots
Page 20 of 23