Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 8:11 AM
Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge
Hey guys!

Have you heard of the #BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge?

I found it on the Simply Vanilla Sims Blog
Background

Both the cities of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs have suffered from a severe economic downfall and a major increase in violence, pretty much think Gotham City before Batman cleaned it up. Your sim wants to start a legacy but they think that both towns are too dangerous to start and raise 10 generations of a family in. They have heard that Simsvillle is expanding the suburbs around the Willow Creek area into a new city called Newcrest and they are looking for sims to settle this new town!
Your sim immediately signs up and since they are actually the first to sign up they are declared the unofficial mayor of Newcrest and it is going to be their responsibility to build the city of Newcrest from the ground up!
Since Newcrest is a new world with no development there are no houses or community lots for your sims to enjoy yet, this is going to be one of your founders responsibilities. Also your founder my never return to either Willow Creek or Oasis Springs until their legacy has been completed. However, they may travel to Granite Falls and Magnolia Promenade, but may not live in those areas. It will be your Legacy’s responsibility and gift to the community to build all the neighborhoods and community lots for the future of Newcrest. Each generation will have a specific building goal and cannot build until they have completed their job and aspiration that lays the foundation for their building goals.

View the full instructions Here

If you try it out please share. I would love to see how it goes.

I'm also trying it and documenting it on my blog Sim Out Loud!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 7:39 AM
My roommate and I love this challenge SOOOOO much! We aren't familiar with challenges but this looed lie a fun one but not overly challenging and so far we are loving it!!! Than you for this and if you have anymore please let us know
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 2:08 AM
I've just started this today. So far so good.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 10:36 PM
I've started this today too - I probably won't post pics anywhere, but I'm very much looking forward to it! I might insert an extra generation who wants to be a restaurateur!
Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 1:04 AM
I'm quasi-running one right now as well!
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 5:11 PM
a question. this requires 7 community lots, and 3 residential neighborhoods. Newcrest only has three 5 lot neighborhoods. that means there are only 8 residential lots, with spares moving out, and 10 generations to play one will run out of room fast. is there something I am missing here?
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cairee
a question. this requires 7 community lots, and 3 residential neighborhoods. Newcrest only has three 5 lot neighborhoods. that means there are only 8 residential lots, with spares moving out, and 10 generations to play one will run out of room fast. is there something I am missing here?

That's what I was finding as well with my old Build Newcrest save-game (I've had to restart because the game somehow went wonky when Vampires was installed...) There wasn't a whole lot of leftover residential space, particularly when you start realizing that up to 3 of the 5 lots in each neighbourhood could be community lots. I'm just about to restart. I think I may expand into other worlds: Willow Creek and Oasis Springs could add plenty of other lots once bulldozed, with Windenburg/San Myshuno/Forgotten Hollow being left as the "existing city" area.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 12:43 AM
I'm doing this one too, it's really fun. I just birthed my heir for gen 2. I may do some random presets to up the difficulty tho
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cairee

Your spares don't need to stay in Newcrest. They can move out and come visit every now and then.
Also if you have the MC Command centre mod it moves sims into empty houses so you can get people other than your legacy family moving into Newcrest.