Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#276 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 2:25 AM
Thanks for the link SeeMyu. I've just finished converting the files to a different format, so even though it looks like I lost quality, at least I can work with them now It's weird that I had this problem in the middle of my project, as if all of my files somehow converted/compressed themselves without my knowing.

I will probably be a late entry as well, but of course I'll try to submit my film ASAP.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Advertisement
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#277 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 4:07 PM
Round 5 Closed
Late Entries will be accepted from today through Wednesday. Entries later than Wednesday will not be counted

I hope to see your entries soon. Scores then will be put up and then Superlatives will be awarded as well.

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Lab Assistant
#278 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 10:40 PM
I hope I won't be the only one to post the final round, but here it is.

Title: Marsie
Director: Sol Frost (Sulyuki)
Cast: Marsie, Sander, Joe, Emely, Cade, Ramona, Hjalle and Truls
Genre: Drama
Rating: 11+
Time Length: 5:44

The CC is by me, there's just some on Marsie, that's all.

I think I'm bankrupt, I don't have a million to pay back the loan, unless unused GOJF cards are refundable.
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#279 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 12:32 AM
Awesome! Thank you for submitting your Round 5 entry! I'll be updating further on what I plan on doing with these round 5 entries.

Tomorrow is the very last day I will be accepting Round 5 entries. If you submit your Round 5 entry after the late entry deadline, it will not be counted. Please be wise!

Instructor
#280 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 3:32 AM Last edited by PunkyBreester : 30th Jan 2013 at 8:01 AM.
Yay, I'm so glad you were able to finish and submit your entry Sulyuki!

SeeMyu, I plan on getting mine in ASAP, I'm just running into "unknown error" every time I try to export my project to video Can it be turned in any time tomorrow (well, technically today), or is it before midnight of the 31st, or another specific time...?

The Adom Legacy
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#281 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 8:38 PM
Unfortunately, I am having to close it officially tonight... or... in the morning of tomorrow. :/ I hope you can get past your unknown error! Have you tried searching for any fixes for it? There might be some out there..

Instructor
#282 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 4:00 AM
Thanks SeeMyu! I eventually did figure out what the issue was, thankfully.. And just in time!

The Adom Legacy
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#283 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 9:34 PM
Final Scores and Winner Announced!

To be completely fair.. I decided to not judge the fifth round..partly because majority of my judges were in-responsive. If you did submit a machinima for the final round, you were rewarded bonus points; +50 points if submitted in time and +25 if submitted as a late entry. Those points have been added to your final score. If you were not able to pay back the loan you had taken out, you lost -10 points for every 100,000 you were missing, and -5 for every 50,000. Those estimates have been concluded in your final score as well. Your total has been bolded. Check underneath the table for the winner announcement.

Overall Scores
ContestantRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5FINAL
King_Deadly69.2558.67000127.90
kikiavicenna70.7580.00000150.80
eyelleenn87.2595.3380.3300262.90
PunkyBreester94.0096.3395.3387.00(+25)397.70
Jaguwar94.2590.0083.0083.660350.90
naiyasfury87.5083.3384.3300255.20
Sulyuki75.2582.3387.3380.33(+25)335.20
Bread Pit82.50000082.50
GrayLeeStudios56.50000056.50
lauratje8684.50000084.50
Sparklycookie64.25000064.25

And the winner is.....................

Place Orders and Superlatives.

I want to thank all of you guys for hanging in there and participating! An exhausting 5 months!! But we made it through! Each and everyone of you guys did an amazing job with your entries! I would love to see you guys in the machinima world soon!

Once again, thank you for making this contest a great and successful one!

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#284 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 9:49 PM
Holy fuckin' shit PunkyBreester, that's amazing. I'm impressed with everyone's films, but, wow. Where the hell did you find that soundtrack?!

</offtopic thread-jacking by easily distracted mod handing out achievements>

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#285 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 11:36 PM
Holy wow Punky, yay! Good for you! I have to agree with White, that soundtrack rocks! And Suly, what a sweet, sweet story, nice work!

Congrats to you both. At least you actually FINISHED your movies! They look great, too.
Site Helper
#286 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 12:50 AM
Congratulations Punky!!!!!

(It's kind of sad to see this contest ending now, though.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#287 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 9:16 PM
Oh wow, thank you everyone! I'm so glad my machinima was well-received, because when I look at it all I see are the things I didn't have time to change or fix!

I'm also sad to see this contest go.. I can't believe its actually been five months! When's the next one SeeMyu?

For those of you who are interested in the music I used, you can find it here!

The Adom Legacy
Lab Assistant
#288 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 10:27 PM
I knew Punky would win as soon as I saw the trailer, which was very good.

Well done SeeMyu to keep it going for five months even with almost everyone leaving.
Instructor
#289 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 10:56 PM
Thanks Sulyuki I was very impressed with your movie, particularly some of the effects (like the newspaper picture, and especially the stick hitting Marsie with the blood)! And as Jaguwar said, it is a very sweet story.

And yes, thank you so much SeeMyu for sticking with us all this time. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have most people drop out of the contest, lose contact with your judges, and especially to keep getting asked for extensions But this was a great contest and I'm really glad it was my first to enter (let alone actually win)!

The Adom Legacy
The other one
#290 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 5:52 AM
Congrats to all those who made it to the final few rounds (contestants and judges alike) and to See for finishing his first contest (eventually ). And of course, congrats to Punky!

I may have missed this being discussed earlier in the thread but if not:

To all of those who finished or got close to finishing their entry; have you thought about finishing up/polishing it if needed and submitting it as an entry to EA’s official Inspiring Creativity Contest? As far as I understand it, you’re allowed to submit something you made in game so why not; what’s the worst that could happen? There’s a couple of weeks left until the deadline and there’s pretty damn good real world prizes up for grabs
Forum Resident
#291 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 8:17 PM
Well done punky!!!! But I am really sad I didn't get to see Jags film *sad face* This on my, was huge dedication of time and efforts and sanity. But was totally worth it on all levels, I am glad I could help out Seemyu where I was and so sorry it too me so long at times. O.o these summer holidays have been so full on for me!!!!

Im so proud of everyone apart of this xx Love you all.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Test Subject
#292 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 8:57 PM
Congratulations Punky!! Congratulations Jaguar, Congratulations Suly!!! YOUR ALL WINNERS!!!♥

Hey, my butt is not slender at all so stop wondering!
Check our my yearbook page! get to know me :)
http://yearbook.modthesims.info/2012/slenderbutt/
Oh, and help me out, I'm creating a non-CC sim
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#293 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 12:30 AM
Thank you all once again for competiting in this competition! If you really enjoyed making a machinima or really wanted to make one.. I recommend you participate in SIFF! (Sims International Film Festival)... The deadline for this semi-annual season is March 1st! Make sure you follow these rules and whatnot http://simatography.webs.com/rulesandinfo.htm

I'd love to see you guys take part! I did it last season and am doing it again this season. Look out for my SIFF Spring 2013 Machinima Enlight. Watch trailer here

See you all soon!

Page 12 of 12