Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Open Underneath Maxis Stairs

by crocobaura Posted 25th Dec 2007 at 2:22 AM - Updated 26th Dec 2007 at 11:34 PM by crocobaura

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Field Researcher
#26 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 7:06 AM
thank you

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Test Subject
#27 Old 6th May 2008 at 11:12 AM
Oh Jeeze! These are wonderful! I've been wanting somehting like this for too long! Thank you so much for the upload!
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 4:08 AM
These are awsome, thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 3:40 AM
Could you implement this mod to your open underneath stairs? It enables Sims to pass directly through under all Maxis modular stairs, just like base game Holy Smoke stairs.

Extract one of "CT - No Supports?" BHAVs from this mod, add it to your custom modular stairs, and change the group to 0xFFFFFFFF.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Field Researcher
#30 Old 5th Nov 2008 at 9:47 PM
gorgeous stairs - but i get the "cant place top landing" error whenever i try to use them. scripts are properly installed with scriptorium, and i can place the maxis stairs in the same spot, just not these. do you know why???
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 5:33 AM
Fantstic job and very useful. THX
Test Subject
#32 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 7:38 PM
I'm not sure if I did something wrong here - the stairs work in the game and look great, but I can't put objects under them, unless I use a cheat, in which case my sims can't access anything I put there.
Test Subject
#33 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 11:05 AM
If you want to create another mesh. You SHOULD create the all-in-one package, I tire if I must download 1 by 1. But this G-R-E-A-T!

Anybody can create a mirrored armoire? Iwant to make it but so hard!!
Test Subject
#34 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 7:19 PM
uh, I have a problem....
I can't get the changed modularstairs.txt file to save. message= "Cannot create the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\modularstairs.txt file. Make sure the path and file name are correct."

I extracted the files, put the package files in my downloads folder, and opened each txt file individually and copied/pasted the text to bottom of the modularstairs.txt file found in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts. But when I try to save, that popup appears. Is it a problem with Double Deluxe? I'm pretty sure the Almost Indestructible Concrete Stairs came with uni, so do I have to put that in the modularstairs.txt file found in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University Life Collection?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 11:22 PM
Would you be willing to do the Stair steppers for me? thanks.
Test Subject
#36 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 1:11 AM
I dont ave the TSData folder?

D:

Helppp meee.

Throw a stranger and unexpected smile.
Test Subject
#37 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChristineFML
I dont ave the TSData folder?

D:

Helppp meee.

It's not in your Ea Games/ The Sims 2 folder. you have to go to the Sims 2 folder in your C drive
Test Subject
#38 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 5:09 PM
hi! I've tryed to put the .txt files in the modularstairs script....but the stairs don't appear in the game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 10:11 PM
i have sims 2 and all eps, i cant find waht your saying i need to find in order to keep the stairs... All i can find in two folders that say lotcatalog and logs, unless i am having a severe blonde moment and am constantly over-looking something i would greatly appresiate feedback pls! I really like these stairs, lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 10:16 PM
thnx bunches tsunade93!!!! i was having a severe blonde moment...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 8:44 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 4:33 AM
thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#43 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 9:11 PM
Do these overwrite the original stairs or are they completely different?
Theorist
#44 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 6:08 PM
Crocobaura, I was wondering whether you would be willing to update this set by including a version of the darker Wooden Stairs that is not open underneath. You know, to match.
Test Subject
#45 Old 24th Mar 2023 at 8:03 PM
This isn't working for me Is this mod compatible with the UC? It looks awesome!
Page 2 of 2