Replies: 354 (Who?), Viewed: 13036 times.
Page 15 of 15
Mad Poster
#351 Old Yesterday at 10:58 PM
Most of the player-made TS4 versions of the premades I've seen are a whole lot better than the "relaunch".

All of the other launched versions look like they've gained at least 15-20 years on their youthful TS2 versions with those bags under their eyes and greyish skins. If you asked me to guess who they were supposed to be, I'm not sure I'd even guess Nina and Dina. Maybe Bella, but the years haven't been kind to her either.

Can't say I was too impressed with the original TS4 versions, but they looked a little better, even if some details were wrong (a bit younger, at least - in my head they're in their mid-to-late 20s, not going on mid-40s). I still prefer their 2004 look...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#352 Old Yesterday at 11:16 PM
I don't put a lot of hype and spin on EA's job listings, but sometimes one does reveal a nugget worth mentioning. Full job description linked below...

Quote:
Director, Global Brand Management, The Sims

In partnership with our development team, you will lead our Sims 4 business (HD-Live Service) to excite players with innovative ways to experience The Sims not only for the current product year, but with an additional focus on the multi-year experience roadmap. Additionally, you will inspire cross-functional teams to execute a compelling strategy that takes the franchise to new heights. Reporting to the Senior Brand Director of The Sims/Lifestyle, you will be an essential contributor to the broader Sims and Lifestyle Global Brand Management teams.

https://ea.gr8people.com/jobs/16981...-the-sims?sid=4

I'm not going to guess how they define 'multi-year'. It could mean another fiscal year, it could be many fiscal years. HD-Live service? Really? Do people really want to see TS4 sims feet in HD? Or how about the wonky textures on things like appliances?
Alchemist
#353 Old Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
I think it's a quick superficial fix that they can assign an intern to do, and which they can stick into a list of "We're updating the basegame!!!" features.

Makes sense. Keeps someone busy and they can say we are accomplishing things. Even though as said, not really what any significant number of players want.
Mad Poster
#354 Old Yesterday at 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
I don't put a lot of hype and spin on EA's job listings, but sometimes one does reveal a nugget worth mentioning. Full job description linked below...

https://ea.gr8people.com/jobs/16981...-the-sims?sid=4

I'm not going to guess how they define 'multi-year'. It could mean another fiscal year, it could be many fiscal years. HD-Live service? Really? Do people really want to see TS4 sims feet in HD? Or how about the wonky textures on things like appliances?

It amazes me how the game is STILL Swiss cheese at this point, and they want to keep putting years into it.

Kill it and move on.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#355 Old Today at 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
It amazes me how the game is STILL Swiss cheese at this point, and they want to keep putting years into it.

Kill it and move on.

I don't know what they're doing. Sometimes I think they don't know what they're doing either. I digress.

I find myself playing Animal Crossing a lot these days. No drama, it's peaceful, the food in that game looks edible, ect... I have no clue how the Animal Crossing community behaves, but I have zero interest in finding out. If I need to know something, I look it up, then leave.

I'm not quite to the point of pulling the plug on sims, but I'm getting there. I will have to find another use for the rig I bought to play my game on. I like playing with Photoshop, that is is like a black hole for me. I start doing something and the next thing I know, 4 hours has gone by.
Page 15 of 15