Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 112 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 4:48 AM
Default WCIF: Sims for Mac Super Collection?
Hello there! I have the Super Collection for Mac and it is quite hard to download sims without needing apartment life as it gives me the error "this content requires expansion data that is not installed"

I don't really use Body Shop so I wanted to download some Sims that were more "recent", since the only ones that I could download are from 2008 lol

To show what I'm kiiiiinda looking for i added some ref pics

pls help your girl out !!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 6:16 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 28th Oct 2021 at 6:27 AM.
Have you concidered using for instance non-default face templates along with blending faces in either CAS or Bodyshop? That could give you a lot of unique sims and you don't have to find way around installing sims. The method is fairly easy, too - you get a good result in relatively few steps, and you don't need to be particularly good with face sculpting to do this.

A couple videos on the how-to (one for Bodyshop showing how to blend faces, and one in CAS showing you can do the blending trick there, too).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogUpqPMt0JA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnbOM5ZR-Cc

Sims2pack files are really just a collection of package files in one handy format (kinda like the game's answer to a zip file) - they can be uploaded as a set of package files and work just fine that way too, bur would be much more Mac friendly (plus, they wouldn't risk changing names with the default installer). Technically they don't ever need to be a Sims2pack file if the creator knows each and every single piece of CC item they've used and could add these alongside the face/sim file.

You can also download CC you like instead of getting a lot of random stuff that clutters your Download folder.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 9:34 AM
Ooh, that really curly hair. Any idea where to get it?
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Ooh, that really curly hair. Any idea where to get it?

Can be found here
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 11:12 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 8:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Have you concidered using for instance non-default face templates along with blending faces in either CAS or Bodyshop? That could give you a lot of unique sims and you don't have to find way around installing sims. The method is fairly easy, too - you get a good result in relatively few steps, and you don't need to be particularly good with face sculpting to do this.

A couple videos on the how-to (one for Bodyshop showing how to blend faces, and one in CAS showing you can do the blending trick there, too).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogUpqPMt0JA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnbOM5ZR-Cc

Sims2pack files are really just a collection of package files in one handy format (kinda like the game's answer to a zip file) - they can be uploaded as a set of package files and work just fine that way too, bur would be much more Mac friendly (plus, they wouldn't risk changing names with the default installer). Technically they don't ever need to be a Sims2pack file if the creator knows each and every single piece of CC item they've used and could add these alongside the face/sim file.

You can also download CC you like instead of getting a lot of random stuff that clutters your Download folder.


omg i can't believe I've been playing sims for over a decade and i didn''t even know the trick in the second video!! thank you so so much!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Oct 2021 at 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashwaht
Hello there! I have the Super Collection for Mac and it is quite hard to download sims without needing apartment life as it gives me the error "this content requires expansion data that is not installed"

This worries me a little. As some of you may know, I am planning to download The Romanov family (the last Tsar and his family) as soon as Mischief Managed uploads them. Now my highest EP is Open for Business but Mischief Managed normally shares her TS2 Sims as requiring all EPs and SPs. I was under the impression that Sims, unlike lots (but like other Body Shop items), could be opened in a game with a game engine from a lower EP than the one in which they were created, provided that the Sim is not using Maxis content (e.g. hair) from a higher EP. nashwaht's post would suggest that I'm wrong.

Now I seldom download Sims -- generally I prefer to make my own in Body Shop and CAS, but I do have some imported Sims. For a start I have the Newsons (from Apartment Life). marka93 extracted them for me. (I'm sure I have a legal right to play them, as I have the Ultimate Collection in my Origin account -- even though I've never opened it.) They are all OK in my game, though I may have had to change the clothes of some of them, and perhaps the hair of one.

I've also got three Sims by d_dgjdhh, that I met when I was doing his Monopoly Game Town Contest. "Rich Uncle" Milburn Pennybags I downloaded from MTS here. He needed the Celebrations! Stuff Pack, but that was no problem as it comes with Double Deluxe, which I've always had. I have incorporated that contest intto my regular game, by adding an initially nearly empty version on the Monopoly Game town (as a shopping district). I renamed the sub-hood "Monopolis". Andrew and Julian have continued to run the construction firm they set up for the contest, and they're still building new houses there. A little later I decided that I also wanted two other Sims that we met during the contest: Val Briggs, Milburn's Head of Planning, and Lore Yitzek, his Accounts Manager. d_dgjdhh kindly shared them both for me. I had no problems with Val Briggs, but Lore Yitzek had a Maxis hair from one of the later EPs. She appeared in my Bodty Shop and CAS with a hole in her head, and all attempts to give her hair failed. In the end I made a new Sim, sculpting her face as close as I could get it to d_dgjdhh's Sim. Since I'm nearly face blind, it probably isn't very good, but it's near enough for me! That was the version of Lore that I imported into my game,

So what are my prospects of being able to Import the Romanovs into my game? As far as I know Mischief Managed uses CC hair and clothes rather than Maxis content, so I am (or at least was) reasonably confident, but what if I get error messages like OP's?

I'll be very disappointed if I can't get Mischief Managed's Romanovs into my game, and so will some of Sims. Her Esteemed Grace Juliette Capp, Grand Duchess of Veronaville is offering the Romanovs sanctuary in Veronaville in order that they may escape the fate that befell them in real life. (They were murdered by the Cheka [forerunner of the KGB] in Yekaterinburg in July 1918.) On her orders we are preparing a large house in Bard Boulevard for them. At the moment electricians are wiring the house for electric light. (A surprising number of the old houses in Veronaville lack this modern essential. The place has been a backwater for centuries.)

Apologies for being so verbose!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Back to top