Replies: 399 (Who?), Viewed: 14461 times.
Page 16 of 16
Mad Poster
#376 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 5:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
I really don't get it. Yeah the Caliente Sisters look terrible and whitewashed in Sims 4, and yes Bella and Cassandra need a darker skin tone as well....but, that's just the tip of the iceberg with the premades in Sims 4. There's still so much that's just wrong about them if you compare it to earlier "canon" (if that word can be applied to Sims premades) Mortimer being a novelist instead of a Scientist (because the basegame lacked a Science career *facepalm*) The mother of the Calientes being some tart named Katrina instead of an active, though woman named Nighat, Don being Katrina's live-in boy-toy...and Nina and Dina's personalities and aspirations are also all wrong; Dina is supposed to be a cheerful, if lazy person who dreams of money and a life of luxury, while Nina is more active and strives for romance. Then there's all the premades who are based on long-dead sit-coms and memes from the
early 2010s
And that all being said...the Premades in Sims 4 don't matter anyway (just like they didn't matter in Sims 3) the game (just like Sims 3) heavily encourages you to stick with one custom-made Sim/family of Sims per safe file with the Premades just being another type of townie/NPC to give the world a semblance of being populated.
Yes you can play multiple families in one safe file, but it's clear from several aspects that the game was never laid-out, let alone optimized for rotational play of multiple households (same with Sims 3) As long as it stays that way, the premades will never again matter as much as they did in Sims 2 or even the original.

It's the same with their hair colours, there *are* South American AND Middle Eastern people with red or blond hair, it's rare but it still happens, so there's no need to give them dark hair just because it's more common among the various ethnicities from their ancestry. Their red and blond hair is just as iconic for the Caliente Sisters as their green eyes are.

TS4 would be better off if it fully went ahead and introduced a new set of base game characters, maybe instead introducing the TS2-3 characters via the gallery or as presets.

None of this half-baked 'alternate' timeline that ignores the intricate relationships that drew people to these chracters to start with.

Anyways, I think the character redesign is a bit of a red herring and distracts from the real issues, which is TS4's future plans for expansions and base game fixes.
Top Secret Researcher
#377 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 7:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
TS4 would be better off if it fully went ahead and introduced a new set of base game characters, maybe instead introducing the TS2-3 characters via the gallery or as presets.

None of this half-baked 'alternate' timeline that ignores the intricate relationships that drew people to these chracters to start with.

Anyways, I think the character redesign is a bit of a red herring and distracts from the real issues, which is TS4's future plans for expansions and base game fixes.

The versions of the Sims 2 premades in Sims 3 already didn't gel with what was shown in Sims 2, not in Sunset Valley, and not when they started to randomly dump them into the various store worlds.
Sims 3 was already an alternate timeline.

But yeah some parts of Sims 4 were even worse, like, I'm pretty sure Don only lives with the Calientes in Sims 4 because they had no way to create pre-existing relationships between households in Sims 4, same with Johnny Zest not recognizing the Landgraabs as his family (iirc)
But yeah this whole "premade redo" is nonsense.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#378 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 8:15 PM
At least in TS3's case, it brought new and different features to the table even if it wasn't what everyone wanted coming from TS2. It's understandable that people wanted an enhanced TS2, but I can at least give them props for trying something different. And I say this as 3 being my personal favorite still.

TS4, on the other hand, has always felt like they scrambled to find some way to add depth to the game ever since the base game, since emotions got very lackluster after a week of playing the game. Like, who really cares about the TS4 versions of the premades enough for this? And if it applies to every Sim in game - like the skintone changes, which I would think it would, then you risk pissing off a lot of people for "ruining" the look of their Sims.

Not only that, but the fact that the game is still missing important features 7 years later and they prioritize stuff like this.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#379 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 11:28 PM
Eh. If Maxis is never called out on anything, they sweep all things under the rug while giggling because they believe they got away with something. The latest example of this was 'the window' they advertised for the Industrial Loft Kit. They had zero intention of adding that window. They made a decision that not adding the window would get a pass or slide. Nobody will notice the big, glowing thing on the wall. How many more times does this have to happen before Maxis figures out that the gamble of not doing something the first time isn't worth the headaches? I'm guessing many as they continue to do it.

Yeah, bug fixes are important, but most of the time they are surface-type fixes that most people don't care about, especially those that only build or make pixel dollies. I don't hang out in Sims Land 24/7 , but I haven't seen the demand for keyboards to light up while people are playing. Why is this a thing? Why is it on a bug fix list? Who is asking for these things? So many questions, no answers. That was time that could be been better spent on something else such as like de-puffing Nina and Dina's cheeks. The poor girls look like they had their wisdom teeth yanked.

As for the next EP, since Maxis has called 2021 a wrap ( at least as far as announcing things goes) I guess we're going to have to wait until Jan and possibly beyond. They could make a EP surrounding every controversy they've started; they have plenty of topics to pick from. They can start from the very beginning... "All life stages will be in TS4"...later... "No Toddlers in TS4". They can make a board similar to a Monopoly board, then sims can roll dice to find out which controversy to play out. To keep things interesting, the chance cards can be a mixture of "What would Maxis do?" and "What Maxis should have done".
Mad Poster
#380 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 11:44 PM
Weren’t we supposed to get a delivery express drop today?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#381 Old Yesterday at 1:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
TS4, on the other hand, has always felt like they scrambled to find some way to add depth to the game ever since the base game, since emotions got very lackluster after a week of playing the game. Like, who really cares about the TS4 versions of the premades enough for this? And if it applies to every Sim in game - like the skintone changes, which I would think it would, then you risk pissing off a lot of people for "ruining" the look of their Sims.

Not only that, but the fact that the game is still missing important features 7 years later and they prioritize stuff like this.

I mean it's the old story; Sims 4's "big new feature" was supposed to be that it's multi-player and when they finally realized that multiplayer in Sims is a terrible idea they had to scrap that fairly late in development and had to scramble to piece together a single player Sims 4.

Though as much as we dislike Sims 4, there has to be *some* people who love it, since they keep selling those various packs and the other day I saw the basegame has a "Very Positive" rating on Steam.
Makes you really wonder what exactly they see in the game.

Forum Resident
#382 Old Yesterday at 1:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
I mean it's the old story; Sims 4's "big new feature" was supposed to be that it's multi-player and when they finally realized that multiplayer in Sims is a terrible idea they had to scrap that fairly late in development and had to scramble to piece together a single player Sims 4.

Though as much as we dislike Sims 4, there has to be *some* people who love it, since they keep selling those various packs and the other day I saw the basegame has a "Very Positive" rating on Steam.
Makes you really wonder what exactly they see in the game.

Yeah, definitely.

I bought TS4 back in December of 2015, and only played it a short while so I could have an informed opinion about it (meaning I would actually know how it played from personal experience). I barely played it at all because I got hopelessly bored. And the base game hasn't meaningfully changed since.

That's big problem #1. If your base game alone can't keep me hooked for hours, why on earth should I buy more content for it if I'm expecting the same amount of depth there as well?

TS2 and TS3 both have something to offer. TS2, it's the detailed neighborhood stories and huge amount of life simulation features. TS3, it offers a huge, seamless open world that allows you to have nearly unlimited creativity with CASt.

TS4 requires far too much imagination on the player's behalf to fill in the gaps, and doesn't have enough variance in its gameplay to have the same longevity. Everything feels samey, largely because it is. They recycle gameplay and assets constantly. Why should we expect any different at this point in time when this is the standard they've been setting?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#383 Old Yesterday at 2:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
Weren’t we supposed to get a delivery express drop today?

Have you had a toddler giving a adult sim life advice yet? That's a thing that is happening.
Mad Poster
#384 Old Yesterday at 3:19 AM
Bretman Rock ... Who is this guy?
https://simscommunity.info/2021/12/...ms-4-literally/

In this context, there's no disrespect ...We got five minutes for us to disconnect
Let's get retarded in here.

Forum Resident
#385 Old Yesterday at 3:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee

Oh no, it's Baby Ariel all over again lol.

Mad Poster
#386 Old Yesterday at 4:17 AM
Quote:

That was my exact thought when I read the article. Another internet "celebrity" that average people have no idea who they even are.

Now I'm not opposed to having celebrities promoting The Sims series, but can we at least get someone who is actually widely known? Can't be a matter of money as the series had the likeness of Avril Lavigne and Marlyn Monroe depicted before. Two people that are much more well known, even still to this day.

In this context, there's no disrespect ...We got five minutes for us to disconnect
Let's get retarded in here.

Forum Resident
#387 Old Yesterday at 4:28 AM Last edited by Jathom95 : Yesterday at 4:42 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
That was my exact thought when I read the article. Another internet "celebrity" that average people have no idea who they even are.

Now I'm not opposed to having celebrities promoting The Sims series, but can we at least get someone who is actually widely known? Can't be a matter of money as the series had the likeness of Avril Lavigne and Marlyn Monroe depicted before. Two people that are much more well known, even still to this day.

The only thing I can possibly think of is they're going at it from the angle of getting people that "identify" with the premise of TS4 (They say The Sims in general but we all know it's all about the current game obviously). With Katy Perry in TS3, that was clearly a cash grab based on her popularity at the time. And she obviously doesn't actually play the game. And I doubt Baby Ariel or this Rock guy do either. This is just targeted demographic marketing based on where they believe their biggest chunk of their player base are at.

Still, it's kinda funny to read all of these articles anyway and see that one knows who they are even still down in the comments.

Mad Poster
#388 Old Yesterday at 9:00 AM
Maybe their shoe string budget can't afford a bigger star? Lmao

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#389 Old Yesterday at 11:14 AM
I guess James Charles or Shane Dawson came with too much baggage or wanted more money than EA was willing to pay.

With that out of way, does saying the word bitch over and over again on Twitter and other socials make a person popular? I do visit visit the cesspool that is Twitter, but I don't hang out there nor do I have a account. As for the rest of the cesspools, I avoid them.

I ask because this dude that EA is trying to sell as a TS4 player (NOT!) seems to love the word, bitch. It is a interesting choice since the demographic for TS4 is tweens. I'm not suggesting that a tween has never heard the word bitch or that their ears will go up in flames if they see or hear it, but I would like to think that even a TS4 sim chef has a bigger vocabulary than the word bitch.

https://twitter.com/bretmanrock

Good job, EA. Now we can all walk around calling everybody a bitch because you personally picked a person of influence for us. Was that nice enough? Shall I lay it on a little thicker? Do you need a barf bag? LMAO!
Lab Assistant
#390 Old Yesterday at 12:34 PM
Bretman Rock, the first gay man to appear on Playboy cover.
Social media star Bretman Rock makes history as first gay man to appear on Playboy cover

Taiwan Soul! / My Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#391 Old Yesterday at 1:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaohui
Social media star Bretman Rock makes history as first gay man to appear on Playboy cover

Much like saying bitch all the time, this also has no relevance to sims, TS4 or otherwise. To the best of my knowledge, there has never been mention of Playboy magazine in any of the sims games. I could very well be wrong about that, I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am.

TS4 can't have babies that are not objects, dance cages are not allowed, women coming out of cakes...absolutely not, but we can have a person that was paid to peddle a game they don't play. People in Playboy don't sit on their butts playing video games.

With FIFA it is all about saving the children, in sims they are trying to sell a magazine that has a long-standing reputation of "I only buy it for the articles." I wonder if Hugh Hefner rolled his eyes every time he heard that. RIP, Hugh.
Mad Poster
#392 Old Yesterday at 1:18 PM
If they saved their money and got one good celeb instead of constantly trying to get people who don't have major relevance. Or if they didn't try to create a show and pay a ton of creators... TS4 has some of the worst branding deals...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#393 Old Yesterday at 2:29 PM
It isn't just a sims thing with the branding problem, it's EA, across the whole company. We pick out things that are sims related, but EA as a whole talks from both ends, all the time.

Example: With TS4, there is endless messaging about saving the planet, don't get caught in the web of consumerism, blah,blah,blah.We've all seen this, it's a thing. While that is going on, Maxis continues to push out nonsense, broken content and not far from their studio, Andrew Wilson is talking about how NFT's will soon be the way of gaming. https://news.yahoo.com/ea-says-nfts...-155404899.html

The problem with NFT's aside from the fact that they are ridiculous and come with a even more ridiculous price tag is how they are produced. To produce and find NFT's uses a crap load of energy that is not necessary. Artists can find better ways to get rich from their art. I'm stopping here about this, not jumping into that rabbithole, but I will leave it with a question. How does one 'save the planet' while mining for NFTs?

There is no such thing as a perfect gaming company or perfect company in any industry, but EA takes the cake when it comes to this kind of crap. There are plenty of other multi-billion dollar gaming companies that know how to read the room and shut it when the room isn't in the mood for their BS. Why people at EA can't figure it out, because they don't want to. Spouting their BS makes them billions of dollars per year, just over 6 billion for fiscal year 2021. And no, that is not just for TS4; that number is for the entire company.

Anyway, Maxis is going to do what Maxis is going to do. It's their game, their way. Bring on all the bitches; I'm sure that will age well.
Field Researcher
#394 Old Yesterday at 4:41 PM Last edited by Sokisims : Yesterday at 5:05 PM.
It is about making the game as childish as possible, but at the same time inviting the most vulgar and off-topic stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaohui

Smeg Head
#395 Old Yesterday at 6:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
One of the issues surrounding the Caliente sisters is how Maxis took it upon themselves to whitewash their skins. I've been dodging bringing this up as it has trigger written all over it, but it is one of the elephants in the room. They did not have white skin in TS2, nor in TS3. The other elephant in the room is their 'bone' structure. They somehow lost their elongated faces with high check bones and now have round faces in TS4. Why?

Regarding the change in facial bone structure, their appearance in TS3 Barnacle Bay has got to be the culprit there. TS3 is not seen as the pudding face factory for nothing.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#396 Old Yesterday at 6:40 PM
Quote:

Another delete and forget?

Truly EA has to make these celebrities harder to dispose of.
Top Secret Researcher
#397 Old Yesterday at 7:36 PM
Honestly having any real world celebrity (or Internet "celebrity") in the game just goes against my desire to keep the real world out of Sims.
I don't care who it is, whether it's some Internet "celeb" Katey Perry or Marilyn Monroe. I don't want them in my game.

Field Researcher
#398 Old Yesterday at 7:43 PM
At this point, where all the celebrities they include are boring or from the internet, I also prefer that they opt for invented and exclusive characters from the game.

I really prefer Judith Ward

Even though I hate all expansions and the game itself, I like a lot of s4 characters.
Forum Resident
#399 Old Yesterday at 8:31 PM
Honestly, the game has enough dating it already with long dead memes and references, what's a few real life "celebrities" thrown into the mix?

I mean yes, all Sims games are a product of their time. But in the older ones, at least you have enough freedom to play around how you like. TS4 - you can't play anything but mid 2010s style without CC. The game is built around it.

Mad Poster
#400 Old Yesterday at 9:29 PM
I wouldn't mind if they created Quxxn or whatever as simself, but on the other hand - they would do her dirty and not really carefully make her accurate Sim self.

Like if there's an idea given for TS4, devs will find it a way to make half the way and drop the rest. Much like how they created premade lesbian couple but didn't make their relationship to actual Partner. For Quxxn, traits would be probably the ones that don't make sense being innacurate. Hell, the team has developers that weren't invested in TS3 (new comers) and wouldn't know a damn thing about Quxxn or do homework to research her.

Alias, if they make her, than ofc they would have include current influencers (James T, *shivers* deligracy, lilsimsie )

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 16 of 16