Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#201 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 4:02 AM
They said the same things over and over again in the newest addition to this thread lol
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 9:26 AM
I wish they would actually answer the questions instead of repeating the same stuff we already know. I mean, February isn't that far away there should be something new to share by now! Why can't we get more in depth answers?! I want to know about ghosts, possible deaths, pregnancy, and adoption.
Anyway, does anyone understand what they're talking about regarding saving the game and switching families between slots. I feel so confused.
#203 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 9:30 AM
I was actually a lot more annoyed with the way the questions were asked than the answers. The questions had a really, really negative/pessimistic slant to them, like the person asking was mad that TS3 is in any way different than TS2. As for the lack of new info, I'm not mad about that.. that's all we've had for a while now (even the blogs and updates to www.thesims3.com haven't been anything new)
Field Researcher
#204 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 2:01 PM
I'm happy we don't have more info. I want to check everything out myself, it'll be much more fun!
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 4:20 PM
Things like this messy Q & A make me worry that they arent ready yet! Im sure for TS2 we has tons more information by this stage!
#206 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 5:07 PM
Default PC requirements
Does anyone know what the PC requirements will be for the sims 3.
Forum Resident
#207 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 5:26 PM
I've heard that they are similar to those for Spore but I don't think it's been specified yet.
Lab Assistant
#208 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 6:33 PM
Nope they arent specified yet but like as olomaya says it has been said several times that the requirements will be very similar to spore and that it should be able to play on older computers
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#209 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 11:55 PM
It said it would be playable on a computer that is at least two years old. Mine is from July 2005 so it's about three and a half years old. But it's really high in specs, so I hope that will be enough, even if I have to play with low graphics.

I thought the stupidest question was the one where people wondered if Sims 2 could transfer stuff to Sims 3. Of course not, it's a completely new game! I'm surprised it was even posted as one of the questions. Sure, many of us spent lots of $$$ on Sims 2, but these people act like they can't play it anymore, as if it would turn into junk. This is exactly why people should just wait until the complete collection comes out so that then they only spend one low price for all the Sims 2 games.
Scholar
#210 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 7:54 PM
Storytelling
Quote:
How goes it Sim fans? When we develop our games, we're constantly trying to balance our designs between the varied groups that play The Sims. These include the builders who create incredible homes, the gamers who strive to reach the top of the career or befriend everyone, and my personal favourite - the storytellers.

We've written about Traits, the town, and creating unique Sims, which are just tools that feed the storyteller's appetite (Note: Link to previous blogs here). Shall we take a brief jaunt through one of my stories so I can prove I'm not just making this up?

I almost always create a character based loosely on myself, perhaps because I can empathise with him, or maybe I just have a fascination with seeing how my life could turn out differently. Grant Duders is typically a Workaholic who Loves the Outdoors, is a Green-Thumb and Bookworm.

Why these Traits? For starters, Grant works extra hard to make ends meet while trying to make it as a professional writer. Writing is difficult though, and writer's block a common foe, so he frequently spends his time outdoors gardening in the sun. It's a great stress reliever!

Every writer needs a muse and Grant is no exception. The town is full of attractive singles and few locations are better for mixing and mingling than the gym. It's the perfect plan - the Sims there are in shape, outgoing, and exactly where Grant is!

Unfortunately, the conversations don't go so well after Grant's charming introduction. Grant frequently talks about work (yawn), relies too heavily on the fact that he's an aspiring writer (who isn't?), and frequently stinks (from working out).

Being single is hard!

Luckily, Grant's an optimist. He's convinced Ms. Right is somewhere in town. Plus, being single has its perks! With all of the time saved by not having to date, Grant can focus his energy on landscaping and arranging his home so that when he does have the perfect girlfriend, a sweet job, and friends, he can throw an awesome party.

Suddenly, I must become a gamer so Grant Duders can make enough money to furnish the home. Then I have to become a builder to make all the parts of Duders' home and backyard look fantastic. Once all the pieces are in place, I return right back where I started - telling my, err, his story exactly how I want it to unfold.

We want every player to love their Sims, feel an attachment to them so that they are well taken care of, and most importantly, feel the satisfaction of seeing their often goofy Sims succeed at whatever they put their hearts to. I cannot wait to read your stories in just a few short months!

Thanks for reading!

Grant

http://www.sims3.com/screenshots/nov20_large1.jpg
http://www.sims3.com/screenshots/nov20_large2.jpg

facinating...i love the short red haired lady...i hope shes in-game
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#211 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 3:45 AM
Yeah I read it at the site, it was cool. I love the pics, they're great. I love seeing how muscular Sims can be.
Field Researcher
#212 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 4:41 PM
I haven't been able to find any info on it, specifically... but I'm curious about something...

We know there are cars/garages in TS3, but is it going to be like in TS2, where if you want an attached garage, you either have to sacrifice a foundation, or use hacks, that sort of screw the 'geometry' of the house?

I think it's amazing how the community has made work arounds for an, IMO, hole in the design of TS2... but I never really liked the way that houses turned out if you had to 'hack' it.

Has there been any word on that? Is it going to be the same in TS3?

Peace

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Instructor
#213 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 7:30 PM
The red haired lady has a great and unique face! Really shows off the Create-A-Sim settings, doesn't it? So far the Sims I have seen have looked really similar to one another so it's good to see her.
Lab Assistant
#214 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andru
The red haired lady has a great and unique face! Really shows off the Create-A-Sim settings, doesn't it? So far the Sims I have seen have looked really similar to one another so it's good to see her.

Yeah. The sims we are seeing now really look different from each other. There's even a guy in one of the photos that has sunken in cheeks.

This new VIP update has gotten me even more excited. I can see myself becoming a storyteller when the game comes out.
Instructor
#215 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 9:48 PM
The Sim in your avatar has always been my favourite of the ones we've seen. She looks like she has her own personality.
Test Subject
#216 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 12:47 AM
Has anyone noticed that in the second picture, the girls are wearing the same pants with different patterns, but also different TOPS! maybe we'll be able to have separate tops and bottoms in other outfit types and not just everyday! I am SO excited !
Field Researcher
#217 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 2:20 PM
Maybe those screenshots really showed that there was working on the game, that the exact game won't look like it looks in the screenshots. And they still work on it, so will improve and improve it.
#218 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 3:43 PM
I gotta admit that the clothes looks good (even thought I'm still not fond on the sims look..). But, what's going on with the black haired gilr's belly in the first picture?

ps. not sure if this has been posted already since I'm not checking often, but I just received the link to this video: http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/h...sourceid=ea2641

no, wait.. I just realized this is probably old stuff
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#219 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 6:00 PM
1 of 12 New Videos
French site JeuxVideo.com posted the first of 12 small movies about a French visit to EA headquarters. The language is French and most of it is people walking around but you may see a new screen here and there.

Source: http://www.jeuxvideo.com/reportages...rendez-vous.htm
Lab Assistant
#220 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 12:01 AM
There's also a French fansite that posted an article about the presentation in France which states that there will be funeral parties.
http://www.daily-sims.com/mag/p_mag...a5f239a981d9670
Theorist
#221 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 12:26 AM
There are actually some french websites that posted articles about this presentation.

Simsologies

You'll also find links to other articles there.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#222 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 2:28 AM
2 New French Previews (Google-Translated By Me)
I did a Google translation for both French previews, links down below. I also listed all the new info mentioned.

*New info from the two latest French previews:

-There will be a party planner for parties which is a new pop-up window where you get to actually choose not only the type of party but what time it starts and what dress code is required, etc.
-There may be funerals but the web translation could just be off.
-The oldest your computer can be to run the game is now 4 to 5 years old and will most likely run with lower graphics (better than nothing).
-Apartments were mentioned and that there were some in downtown.
-In the new exchange, uploads that have not been downloaded in months and are not that successful may be removed or marked somehow, but again, the web translation could just be off.

Source 1: http://translate.google.com/transla...F-8&sl=fr&tl=en

Source 2:
http://translate.google.com/transla...F-8&sl=fr&tl=en
Lab Assistant
#223 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 3:04 AM
Thanks, Frankie! I meant to put a translated version from google as well. But I posted the entry too quick and forgot about it. Sorry.

Quote:
In the new exchange, uploads that have not been downloaded in months and are not that successful may be removed or marked somehow, but again, the web translation could just be off.

I really hope that this is true and not a case of bad translation. This would kill my worry that the TS3 exchange would be full of crap.

And I really want apartments! *keeps fingers cross* It seems silly to not have apartments in a seamless 'hood.
Field Researcher
#224 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 3:30 AM
Albeit blurry, the photo of the party planner looks like it definitely says "Funeral" below "Birthday." Me likes!
#225 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 5:39 AM
It's hard to make out but I think the five parties are: House Party, Birthday, Graduation (?) or Wedding Party, Funeral, and Campaign Fundraiser. Sounds cool none the less!! I love the dress code thing, I can make funerals where everyone wears their bathing suit if the dead sim died from drowning!
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: thanks, frankie!
Page 9 of 94