Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Improved Lighting (V7 1.19 patch)

by Shimrod101 Posted 8th Sep 2014 at 4:33 PM - Updated 4th Jun 2016 at 10:10 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated for 1.19 patch

286 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 145 Feedback Posts, 140 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 12
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#76 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matomibotaki
Need help! Downloaded your Mod yesterday and the lights really looking better, but if I want to take an indoor-picture the ceiling is gon. It looks like an open sky. If I remove the mod, the ceiling is showing normal! What can I do???

In my game if I have the walls up the ceiling is showing; if I use walls down or walls cutaway view the ceiling doesn't show. This is the same when using my mod or not using my mod.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julsfels
Thank you, very much needed!
Could you probably split the DATA files in two packages? I would prefer to simply alter the indoor lighting, not the outdoor lighting.

The lighting settings are all in one DATA file, not 2, so they can't be split. I increased the overall light intensity which applies to everywnere in the world (to add to the light indoors), so I reduced the Sunlight outdoors to compensate, because everything outdoors became brighter.

The 2nd DATA file in my mod is the SSAO file, not an indoor or outoor lighting file.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#78 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 11:05 PM
Ah, okay! Thanks for answering.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 5:17 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 8:30 AM
the house is completely black when not in use and the lighting did not get improve. I removed the mod.. ty anyway

i miss the buy debug circle ceiling lights in the sims 3 you add them to the room it lights the whole room and in live mode they are invisible. would love if someone modded them in the game :3
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:00 AM
Used V2, got pretty significant lag for some reason, especially when zooming away from the house. The lights seem much more yellow now, even when I have turned them on white. Other colors seemed fine. It was brighter in the house, but it gave everything a very yellow look to it and I couldn't get it to change unless I used a different color.

Big thank you to all of the different types of creators/mod makers that help out the gaming community to make the games that much more fun and glitch free to play.
Get Vaccinated, wear a mask, wash your hands and take care of each other. Be good people.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:41 AM
It helps a lot!!Thank you!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#83 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 1:02 PM
This is updated with a V3 version which reduces the amount of blue color in light in relation to the green and red.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:52 PM
do you put in one or the other or both v2 and v3?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#85 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:54 PM
Use only one or the other.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:54 PM
Thanks! This is awesome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:00 PM
thank you for such a quick response
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#88 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 6:14 PM
Thanks for making reliable mods for sims 4!
Test Subject
#89 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 8:31 PM
The darks are too dark, and there are some surfaces that are always extremely bright, even with the lights dimmed...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 8:56 PM
nice!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#91 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by imkyo
The darks are too dark, and there are some surfaces that are always extremely bright, even with the lights dimmed...

If you look at my screenshot from the Library, the Library does not look approximately the same in your game?

Banned
THANKS POST
#92 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:08 AM
i never used shadows in the graphics options because they look like crap. this mod makes them look ok.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:21 AM
Omg, thank you so much! The lighting has been one of my biggest gripes with TS4.
Test Subject
#94 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 9:43 AM
Sorry but this mod doesn't work at all... I installed it but there's no difference from normal game..
The enviroment (indoor and outdoor) is still dark... What i'm doing wrong?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#95 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rin.naive
Sorry but this mod doesn't work at all... I installed it but there's no difference from normal game..
The enviroment (indoor and outdoor) is still dark... What i'm doing wrong?

When you start the game and the list comes up with installed content, you see the name of my file in the list? Also, if you are not using my mod or anyone else's, the environment outdoors should not be dark except at night.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 1:23 PM
Really does help, especially with the indoor lightning. However, my sims are still really dark. Thank you, though! Will keep this mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 6:40 PM
More!
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 5:52 AM
IMO, The sims are still too dark even with this mod.
Test Subject
#99 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:15 AM
thank you
Test Subject
#100 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:09 PM
im sry i uninstalled this mod.. v2 makes everything WAY too blue, even if i tried to change light color, my white/lightgray surfaces are just blue.. does v3 include v2 lighting? or is v3 just default lighting with a blue color fix?
Page 4 of 12