Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harvestable Cocoa Bean

by icemunmun Posted 8th Mar 2017 at 6:51 PM - Updated 22nd Jul 2021 at 9:55 PM by icemunmun : Updated for SCCO Compatibility

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 12:36 AM
Does this mod, as well as the others like it, work with Bake Cupcake Machine Items in Oven by emilypl27?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#27 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:10 PM
Great Job :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 6:50 PM
Thank you very much
Test Subject
#29 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 4:16 PM
Bahaha, every time my Sim harvests cocoa, one randomly goes into the House inventory instead of his own inventory!
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st May 2018 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lasinalia
Bahaha, every time my Sim harvests cocoa, one randomly goes into the House inventory instead of his own inventory!

I'm facing the same issue!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 1:07 AM
Still loving all your ideas! Thank you for sharing!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 6:48 PM
tyvm :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 12:45 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 9:28 AM
love ittt
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#35 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 2:06 AM
hey just asking bc i want ur overrides but is it compatible with serlysims cooking mod
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#36 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lataya25
hey just asking bc i want ur overrides but is it compatible with serlysims cooking mod

Unfortunately I don.t think they are compatible
Test Subject
#37 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 12:14 AM
This and some of other custom harvestables (green chili, peach, and a lot of others I don't recall off the top of my head) aren't showing up in my buy menu for some reason (some, like the orange tree and a few others, are showing up fine, though). The harvested product shows up in the buy ingredients menu from GrayCurse's mod, though, so I can still get the ingredients, but I'm just wondering why I can't seem to grow them myself, I was hoping to have a nice big farm for at least one of my families.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#38 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OmegaX231
This and some of other custom harvestables (green chili, peach, and a lot of others I don't recall off the top of my head) aren't showing up in my buy menu for some reason (some, like the orange tree and a few others, are showing up fine, though). The harvested product shows up in the buy ingredients menu from GrayCurse's mod, though, so I can still get the ingredients, but I'm just wondering why I can't seem to grow them myself, I was hoping to have a nice big farm for at least one of my families.

If you cannot find it in the buy catalogue then try turning on debug and searching with the name of the harvestable.
Test Subject
#39 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
If you cannot find it in the buy catalogue then try turning on debug and searching with the name of the harvestable.

I believe I have debug on (never entered the cheat myself, but I think I have a mod that does it automatically, but I don't recall, all I know is that I've seen items labeled 'debug' appearing in my buy mode menu, so I assume either there's a bug in at least one of the mods I have that is causing them to appear or I have debug turned on automatically), and still no luck. I'll try again in a bit with the cheat manually enabled and report back once I have done so with a yea or nay.
Test Subject
#40 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 4:29 PM
I completely forgot about this until just now, because I was focused on preparing for a convention I just came back from. I'll check it today or tomorrow and report back.
Test Subject
#41 Old 30th Oct 2019 at 5:37 PM
Confirming now, even with bb.showhiddenobjects (aka buydebug) on, I can only find the ingredient itself and a few of the harvestable plants. Most of them aren't showing up in plantable form, can only buy the end-product ingredient either from the fridge wth the GrayCurse 'buy ingredients' menu or in build/buy mode.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#42 Old 30th Oct 2019 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OmegaX231
Confirming now, even with bb.showhiddenobjects (aka buydebug) on, I can only find the ingredient itself and a few of the harvestable plants. Most of them aren't showing up in plantable form, can only buy the end-product ingredient either from the fridge wth the GrayCurse 'buy ingredients' menu or in build/buy mode.

You need to plant the ingredient and not the plant hence only the ingredients are available. When you place the harvestable/ingredient on the ground, you will get the 'Plant' option. From there, the plant will grow.
Test Subject
#43 Old 31st Oct 2019 at 5:16 PM
Weird thing is, the first time I used it, the actual orange tree and one or two other trees, and bushes for some of the harvestables, showed up in my buy menu, but every time after that (even before I updated the mod), it was just the ingredients themselves showing up. But at least I know that now, thanks.
Test Subject
#44 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 5:09 AM
Im having trouble growing the tree. It won't go into any pot inside by greenhouse, and teh one i planted outside has never sprouted. Bout the coco bean from a vendor, not buy mode. Thoughts?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 2:28 PM
i cannot plant this seed ... and tree on debug doesnt give beans .. tried it every season
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#46 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by binkiegirl
i cannot plant this seed ... and tree on debug doesnt give beans .. tried it every season

Are you trying on a planter or on the ground ?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#47 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trickster37
Im having trouble growing the tree. It won't go into any pot inside by greenhouse, and teh one i planted outside has never sprouted. Bout the coco bean from a vendor, not buy mode. Thoughts?

Did you use the cocoa been ? If you plant the tree it wont bear fruit
Test Subject
#48 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Are you trying on a planter or on the ground ?

i tried both the bean seems to be a normal plant it uses 1 spot on a 2x2 planter . i also tried on the ground and on the round planter ... when i get the tree out of debug it wont grow any beans. every other tree ( i download all of your food and harvastables ) work fine
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#49 Old 2nd May 2020 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by binkiegirl
i tried both the bean seems to be a normal plant it uses 1 spot on a 2x2 planter . i also tried on the ground and on the round planter ... when i get the tree out of debug it wont grow any beans. every other tree ( i download all of your food and harvastables ) work fine

I will look into it! There seems to be some slot issue.
Test Subject
#50 Old 2nd May 2020 at 9:16 PM
ok thank you .. i keep trying .. my game is latest patch and i have all exp .. i can buy beans from shops .. so i can make the recipes
Page 2 of 3