Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 6:27 PM
Default Pregnancies and Babies
Hello everyone! For the past few days I've been looking into the Sims 3 to decide if I even want to try it out. While I was looking through the sims.wikia I encountered two different accounts of how long Sims 3 pregnancy last and no account of how long the baby stage last. Could someone please tell me how long pregnancy and babyhood last ? Thanks! :P
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 6:29 PM Last edited by alfie_boots : 13th Jun 2009 at 8:58 PM.
Pregnancy is the normal 3 days, but pregnant sims get 4 days off work

With babyhood, it depends what your age setting is on. You can age babies up at anytime using the cake. Default i think is 3 days
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 6:32 PM
Yeah, as I've discovered there's no benefit to being a baby in the Sims 3 other than building relationships with family members. So I usually just cheat and age-up my babies right after their born so I can start teaching them skills.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 6:41 PM Last edited by lunaselene503 : 13th Jun 2009 at 8:14 PM.
Thanks for replying Richelo and Alfie.

Alfie: Just to clear things up, I meant to the default duration for the baby stage. Do you know that length?
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 7:58 PM
3 days if I'm not mistaken.
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:00 AM
They're pregnant for 3 days, which sucks if your sims live to be 900 days. There should be a way to lengthen the number of days the sims are pregnant. If anything should be kept shorter it is the baby phase.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annedroid
They're pregnant for 3 days, which sucks if your sims live to be 900 days. There should be a way to lengthen the number of days the sims are pregnant. If anything should be kept shorter it is the baby phase.
But how long is the baby stage?
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:50 PM
I am fairly certain that the infant stage is from six to seven days long on the "long" life setting. Higher for epic, lower for normal and short. A break down of the average days per sim life cycle including information on all mortality rate settings (normal, epic, so on) has yet to be seen.